Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is quite small, whats there to do ??

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I bought the game on Steam sale. And I love it.

But I hit lvl 20+ on my characters and what I am starting to find out that open zone is basically some stuff to do until lvl 20. And thats it ?!

After that you can either play , always almost same PVE mission. Or TF2 like PVP maps. And Arena.

Is that all ?

I mean the game is great. But honestly there is no much content there.

I played for 1 day and allready saw all the game has ?

Same goes for equipment.

I am above lvl 20 and i so far found 2 basic gun types. And thats all.

There is even no place to buy different guns.

Am I missing some thing ?

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I think this is pretty much the reason the game is still free to play.

• highblurhighblur Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Lobotomist

I bought the game on Steam sale. And I love it.

But I hit lvl 20+ on my characters and what I am starting to find out that open zone is basically some stuff to do until lvl 20. And thats it ?!

After that you can either play , always almost same PVE mission. Or TF2 like PVP maps. And Arena.

Is that all ?

I mean the game is great. But honestly there is no much content there.

I played for 1 day and allready saw all the game has ?

Same goes for equipment.

I am above lvl 20 and i so far found 2 basic gun types. And thats all.

There is even no place to buy different guns.

Am I missing some thing ?

Missing a lot of things.  At 30 you get access to Conquest Gear which are substantial upgrades to previous skill/weapons which cost aceloads of Tokens (which will take some effort in accruing).  Beyond 30 is the introduction of AvA and territorial dominance (I have yet to partake in this as I just hit 30+ recently).  In these 'territories' one can build resource collection/tech labs, vehicles (siege engines/weapons), and more in effort to protect your Agencies base.  I also enjoy the addition of Double Agent missions - a lot of fun to throw an "E" to PvP (akin to Aion's PvPvE stuff).  I've partaken in 3-4 raids and they've all been a nice challenge with great close-calls/memories.  Crafting is sort of a grind, but I like things that don't come easily ~ I yet to even begin using consumables.  The map diversity from pvp, raid, pve, pvpve, ava/territory is vast.  Mods will take you a very long time ~ giving you plenty of reason to go back into the fray.

I see lots to do.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Are we playing the same game?

The OC gear that you mention is almost the same than what you can get at lvl 30. The performance increase is roughtly a 2% beeing generous.

You have about half a dozen pvp merc maps that you repeat over and over and over... and over. Same applies to 4v4 matches, PVE runs and raids, only that... you have even less maps there. As I posted somewhere else, Quake I was a shooter with more content already.

The mods that you mention, everybody has them. I am sorry for the guys who endured the ultra-grindy farming, but it's not worth leveling up at all. You just buy them, sorted. You will have enough money to buy all the mods you need once you are lucky to have a crescent jetpack dropped and sell it. I have already had 3 of these dropping in 3 weeks playing.

The AVA hexes... well, you have tons of hexes, but you actually only have a few different maps that you get copy-pasted all over the place.

The consumables... you just said... You have not even used them. Almost nobody does. They are pretty useless.

They took away the subscription for a reason. There is no way you can justify a subscription to that game. Once you have been playing for a couple of weeks, that's it. You have seen it all. The OP expressed it very well.

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by gordiflu

The OC gear that you mention is almost the same than what you can get at lvl 30. The performance increase is roughtly a 2% beeing generous.

You have about half a dozen pvp merc maps that you repeat over and over and over... and over. Same applies to 4v4 matches, PVE runs and raids, only that... you have even less maps there. As I posted somewhere else, Quake I was a shooter with more content already.

The mods that you mention, everybody has them. I am sorry for the guys who endured the ultra-grindy farming, but it's not worth leveling up at all. You just buy them, sorted. You will have enough money to buy all the mods you need once you are lucky to have a crescent jetpack dropped and sell it. I have already had 3 of these dropping in 3 weeks playing.

The AVA hexes... well, you have tons of hexes, but you actually only have a few different maps that you get copy-pasted all over the place.

The consumables... you just said... You have not even used them. Almost nobody does. They are pretty useless.

They took away the subscription for a reason. There is no way you can justify a subscription to that game. Once you have been playing for a couple of weeks, that's it. You have seen it all. The OP expressed it very well.

Welcome to PvP based games.

"You have about half a dozen pvp merc maps that you repeat over and over and over... and over."

describes a hoard of shooters.

.. But in a good way.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Blacknd

Originally posted by gordiflu

Welcome to PvP based games.
    "You have about half a dozen pvp merc maps that you repeat over and over and over... and over."
    describes a hoard of shooters.

It's basically a hopped up lobby based shooter with some PvE content. The game is fun. But it's not a full blown mmorpg similar to what a lot of people expect. They are adding content, but I don't see them ever going back to a subscription model, especially with their Tribes game to work on.

All in all, it's worth what you pay for it. So long as your expectations jive with what it actually is.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.