Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming NA TERA Testing Plans

2»

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by skoupidi

Originally posted by mate0377

I don't get it.Isn't there the same gear/gold grind in every mmo out there?Or not?Kinda confused right now image. And where is the point on getting everything valuable there is in a game without effort? 

What you mean by effort  ? Spend ridiculous amount of time runing some stupid instance gazilion times (in order to get that 0.1% drop rate) which requires absolutely no skill ? or a skill based instance/raid where you need a group of skilled players but when you finish it you have 100% chance on some best loot ?

In other words. Today's MMO games needs to be causual (time) friendly in order to be successful. You know the players that can play 10hours each day are very tiny group of potential MMO audience

How do you know so much about Tera's endgame? Are those even true? Because i have no clue about how endgame loot will work,but for level ups the best gear you can get(except some artifact drops from bosses) is from crafting and it requires almost no grind at all.The dungeons are also a lot of fun.I mean i did 4 of them and i repeated them 4-5 times each,not for the loot, but because the boss fights were completely different from any other mmo out there and were a lot of fun to me.

Edit: The 27 level + dungeons dropped an artifact each run.And after all,i can't see how 20 people zerging a boss requires more skills or tactics than a five man group.

Well seeing as how the level cap is 60 and the game developers have capped the Korean live game at 50 until they are ready to release 51-60 I'm going to say he has no idea about TERA endgame, as none of us do really.

But its cool to make things up as you go along I guess.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by mate0377

I don't get it.Isn't there the same gear/gold grind in every mmo out there?Or not?Kinda confused right now image. And where is the point on getting everything valuable there is in a game without effort? 

What you mean by effort  ? Spend ridiculous amount of time runing some stupid instance gazilion times (in order to get that 0.1% drop rate) which requires absolutely no skill ? or a skill based instance/raid where you need a group of skilled players but when you finish it you have 100% chance on some best loot ?

In other words. Today's MMO games needs to be causual (time) friendly in order to be successful. You know the players that can play 10hours each day are very tiny group of potential MMO audience

I disagree with part of this. I think that people who enjoy RPGs also enjoy putting in time to achieve things in their games. Meaning if you put enough work into something you should be rewarded and it actually means something. And an MMO being casual should not determine wether or not its good. Also part of the game is socializing and hanging out with friends (sometimes even family).  I don't mind grinding if I enjoy the combat or running an instance to get something I really want. As long as I'm having fun with friends and accophishing a goal (without taking an ungodly amount of time) grinding can be fun. This is proven by Minecraft  which is striaght grinding but provides accoplishment.

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

and here we go FANBOYS trying to tell ppl how Grind is nice and very fun and earn what u work for ............. hehe funy

here's some facts :

Grind is empty and meanless way to make u run an instance for 10 time without a single drop

coz the Dves who make it are too poor in thire minds and can't make intresting content that will make u stay online

No wonder the Killed the fun to make a game a part time job

I am waiting the game to see what's like i nver tride it hopfully it will turn to be like other BIGFAIL games

good luck everyone

• DeeK3DeeK3 Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by bobfish

Originally posted by Shatter30

No thx, have friends who have tried it and if you like Aion, then this is just more of the same crap from overseas...enjoy grinding!!

It takes longer to level in Rift than it does in TERA, how on earth could anyone possibly call TERA a grind?

False information.  All I can say, but you are far off Bob.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by DeeK3

No thx, have friends who have tried it and if you like Aion, then this is just more of the same crap from overseas...enjoy grinding!!

It takes longer to level in Rift than it does in TERA, how on earth could anyone possibly call TERA a grind?

errrr no he is not... i have played both and i can confirm that, atleast till level 30, after that level i cant speak, but till 30 you will level faster in Tera, if someone say something different is just lying.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

True, leveling in Rift is now a joke. But from what I've heard rates are increased for beta purpose there (ofc I may be wrong - I never could confimr it)

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by DeeK3

Why is that all you can say? Niether game is under NDA anymore. Unless you just dont have proof of it. There are plenty of people who've played both Rift and TERA and they pretty much all agree on that point.

Sup.