Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Rift auto raid is BROKEN!

RiftsoldierRiftsoldier Member Posts: 112

So I was running around doing quests and having fun and a zone wide rift event occered.

I ran to the college area in silverwood where is seemed most of the major assault was heading.

I immediately got invited by the auto raid system and for the next half hour we fought off wave after wave of invasions. This was fun and I got lots of exp and a good amount of planar currency and consumables and some planar essences.

All was going good and then there was a huge boss there. The boss took the raid another 15 to 20 minutes to take down which was a fun fight.

Problem was that the person that was considered raid leader had switched the loot and kept EVERYTHING that dropped!

I sent a tell and there was no response.

This system that allows the loot to be changed in auto raids should be turned off or the auto raid feature will fail.

The guy got about 5 blue items......I saw them on the screen when he recieved them and they were all quite nice.

How can we tell trion about this? I tried submitting about it on thier forums but nobody replied.

Comments

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I would have used the ingame feedback, personally.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

That's something that should have been reported in the feedback section. You did report that right?

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

Heh, that was one smart guy^^...but good that something like that happened in the beta, since all items will be deleted prety soon and the loot system will be fixed also. way to easy to abuse and way too many angry ppl who will annoy GMs :p ..pretty sure they will fix it like super fast

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

I didn't encounter this but if you did I would hope someone else did as well and reported it. I have faith in Trion at this point ot clear this up fairly quick once they get word of it.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Omega431Omega431 Member UncommonPosts: 92

If it was an invasion boss the only thing he made out with is maybe 1 1/2 gold.......... done plenty of em myself, the good stuff comes from the Contribution you do which he can not take.  Either way... should have been reported.

• RiftsoldierRiftsoldier Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by Omega431

If it was an invasion boss the only thing he made out with is maybe 1 1/2 gold.......... done plenty of em myself, the good stuff comes from the Contribution you do which he can not take.  Either way... should have been reported.

I am not talking about a boss of a single rift.

I am talking about a invasion boss that is the final battle in a zone wide confrontation. This boss takes way longer than a Major Rift boss battle. The loots are a bunch of nice blues comparable to the level of the boss you defeated. The fact is that one person who happened to be the "raid leader" changed the loot rights and took all the great items for himself and nobody could do anything to stop it. That is a deal breaker for me since the battle itself took 15 to 20 minutes to take down the Boss. There should be no loot changing options given in a world auto join raid format period. They NEED to FIX THIS before release.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Did you report the issue?

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213

i think it was beta6 where they introduced master loot and someone took the advantage in beta, they will probably fix this but didnt knew you could loot items of the boss , i always thought its the icon you click to get loots from events.

btw, i felt so boring to fight those bosses its only tank and spank, bosses with huge HP but i cant see how you can have strategic boss fight when you just randomly form a raid group etc. those consumeables are way OP in PvP, i had this one which you can use to do 700 dmg and in return you gain 700hp :O,which seems a lot at lvl 35. 

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Why are you posting about this here?  Go here: http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisplay.php?33-Beta-Event-Discussions

That's where you're supposed to submit this kind of feedback.  Posting it here means that they may not be made aware of your problem.  You don't want to encounter this again, do you?  No, of course not, so make sure that it gets fixed by posting it in the beta forum.

• MerrierMerrier Member Posts: 3
    Without knowing what the blue items were, it's hard to say what happened. Some collectibles from the personal loot bags are blue. Also, from those personal bags you can get blue planar items to slot in your focus. Any of those blue items would not be open to a group lottery, but would have been based on his contribution to the event.
  • jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Riftsoldier

So I was running around doing quests and having fun and a zone wide rift event occered.

I ran to the college area in silverwood where is seemed most of the major assault was heading.

I immediately got invited by the auto raid system and for the next half hour we fought off wave after wave of invasions. This was fun and I got lots of exp and a good amount of planar currency and consumables and some planar essences.

All was going good and then there was a huge boss there. The boss took the raid another 15 to 20 minutes to take down which was a fun fight.

Problem was that the person that was considered raid leader had switched the loot and kept EVERYTHING that dropped!

I sent a tell and there was no response.

This system that allows the loot to be changed in auto raids should be turned off or the auto raid feature will fail.

The guy got about 5 blue items......I saw them on the screen when he recieved them and they were all quite nice.

How can we tell trion about this? I tried submitting about it on thier forums but nobody replied.

This makes me laugh

• Omega431Omega431 Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by Riftsoldier

Originally posted by Omega431

I am not talking about a boss of a single rift.

I am talking about a invasion boss that is the final battle in a zone wide confrontation. This boss takes way longer than a Major Rift boss battle. The loots are a bunch of nice blues comparable to the level of the boss you defeated. The fact is that one person who happened to be the "raid leader" changed the loot rights and took all the great items for himself and nobody could do anything to stop it. That is a deal breaker for me since the battle itself took 15 to 20 minutes to take down the Boss. There should be no loot changing options given in a world auto join raid format period. They NEED to FIX THIS before release.

Like i said, it was an Invasion boss, i have killed many of them when they are attacking Meridians Gates, have never had one of them drop a single blue item.   What he got was probably what he won from Contributions, you can make out with alot of blues during those Invasions, even from the Contributions. Also, the contribution items he won will show up in your chat box when he gets them. Still should be reported so they can test it and make sure it was like i said, but i have never had any blue or greens for that matter drop off of a zone wide invasion boss, only gold.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its beta..

So its much more fun spreading these things over the internet instead of using the ingame support feauture to report any bugs back to Trion

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• EvaniEvani Member Posts: 35

Myself and several others have submitted this issue to the beta boards, just incase it didn't get caught from feedback earlier. We also sent the appropriate pm's to have it checked out when devs get back in the morning.