Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please sign petition to save Fantasy Earth Zero

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savefez/

Please help us save this unique MMORPG.

Comments

• Sorry but you aren't going to save it. This game portal (gamepotusa) is very untrustworthy and inconsiderate towards their customers. They are just going to close their last game down (MIR2) after its license runs out. They've done it with Bright Shadow and this game.

They won't even let their player base voice their feelings. We know this because they deleted all the forums and even went so far as to remove all posts from their facebook wall and delete peoples' posts from the MIR2 forum that had anything to do with FEZ. They even banned many people from FEZ infamous for voicing their opinion often in forums and in game.

In the end all these games are a scam, some just more than most (This game was like the Dark and Light of free to plays). You should play every mmorpg with the mentality that everything will be gone within 5 years and all you are going to leave with is the friends you make.

The best thing you can do right now if you want to see the game in North America again is post on other game portal forum suggesting to pick up the game. A game portal is something like aeria, nexon, gpotato, etc. I personally posted on the Atlus Online forum and suggested they pick up the game, but it doesn't look promising.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Er no. The game failed because it was fundamentaly flawed and could not be fixed.  Why should something broken be maintained.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Yeah no thanks, this game deserves to die!  Bad games must die to let developers know that we don't accept it anymore and to stop releasing crap.  Yes I know this game has been out for many many years prior in Japan, but even over there is did rather bad, so the cost to localize it here was a stupid move to begin with.

I tire of this we must save "......." when you all know it really sucks and doesn't deserve it.  Its like TV shows too, for example that new one The Cape, that had its eps cut and already on the cancellation block after 2 eps, and people are like we must save it...for fracks sake, it sucks, let it die!!!

anyway...

• wallet113wallet113 Member Posts: 231

I wish WoW would die like this game.

• VysarineVysarine Member Posts: 8

Unlike the other people here, I personally don't want to see FEZ die.

I put a lot of time into that game, and it created a type of PVP that I've never seen in a game.

It doesn't deserve to die like this. Sure it has it's flaws, but every game has them.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

if it was profitable it wouldnt be dying .. PVP is so 2001 anyway.. get with the time  PVE is King BABY

• ArmaniDevilArmaniDevil Member Posts: 83

May the digital maggots feast well on its bloated corpse.  

• Antwan23Antwan23 Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Robokapp

they need money not signatures.

I gotta say, I LOVED THIS GAME Q_Q, but this^ signatures will not do us anything to save FEZ, I heard from a certain person it would take 500 grand to give this game another 2 months to live... so unfortunately it's buh-bye FEZ... I hope another provider (a much better one then Gamepot) will take this game up... but the problem with that is... for us players who have put so much time in the game.... well, just put 2 and 2 together >_>

• AnonymousMeAnonymousMe Member Posts: 49

Bad game is bad. Dead game is dead. Live with it, and move on.

• PsyrecxPsyrecx Member UncommonPosts: 5

Originally posted by AnonymousMe

Your originality is mesmerizing -_-;

Originally posted by TribeofOne

if it was profitable it wouldnt be dying .. PVP is so 2001 anyway.. get with the time  PVE is King BABY

Yea, because there's sooo few PVE's we need a ton more of those...

It wasn't the game that failed, it was the corporation that ran it end of story. GamepotUSA shouldn't be trusted to run a hotdog stand let alone a game that thousands of people enjoyed playing for some short time.

Originally posted by Psyrecx

It wasn't the game that failed, it was the corporation that ran it end of story. GamepotUSA shouldn't be trusted to run a hotdog stand let alone a game that thousands of people enjoyed playing for some short time.

Utter tosh.  The game failed because it ran client side and had crap netcode.  Lag coupled with lag abuse and crappy mechanics killed the game.

The only thing the company running it failed to do was realize that unless you were running it in Japan with fibre optic broadband and the average ping of 20, the game would fail.  In short they failed to realize it was a complete waste of time from the off and that they shouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.

Originally posted by B1mble

Utter tosh.  The game failed because it ran client side and had crap netcode.  Lag coupled with lag abuse and crappy mechanics killed the game.

The only thing the company running it failed to do was realize that unless you were running it in Japan with fibre optic broadband and the average ping of 20, the game would fail.  In short they failed to realize it was a complete waste of time from the off and that they shouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.

If you think the server wasn't on fiber optic than you are just an ignorant fool. I lag just as much playing on a japanese server as all the people from random third world countries did playing on the NA one. The only way to fix that issue is to restrict the game service for the nations in which it was set up for. Gamepot was unwilling to do that as they were too greedy to make any of the right decisions. They could have been on the best connection with a 64core opteron dedicated server and still would have failed. A machine is only as good as the person who is running it. Gamepot couldn't run anything in any direction other than into the ground and that is exactly what they've done with several games.

If you think the server wasn't on fiber optic than you are just an ignorant fool.

The server might have been but the rest of the world playing wasnt. The majority of landlines are still copper wire going through outdated exchanges moron.

I lag just as much playing on a japanese server as all the people from random third world countries did playing on the NA one. The only way to fix that issue is to restrict the game service for the nations in which it was set up for.

They couldn't restrict access because sod all people played it in the first place.  If they did, it would have died at birth.  As I said, poor descision to take the game on from the off.

Gamepot was unwilling to do that as they were too greedy to make any of the right decisions. They could have been on the best connection with a 64core opteron dedicated server and still would have failed. A machine is only as good as the person who is running it. Gamepot couldn't run anything in any direction other than into the ground and that is exactly what they've done with several games.

The problem wasn't he machine it was the fact that the game was so old and wasnt up to date with modern networks.  Not to mention it was client side not server side which I mentioned before.  The only thing Gamepot are guilty of is crap risk assessment when it comes to games.  With the best will in the world, even the most professional company out there (if they were dumb enough to pick the game up) couldnt have made it work without a complete rebuild.

I doubt Gamepot suffer from greed.  Incompetence when it comes to products, but not greed.  FEZ was a good game, with ok admin who tried there best to make it interesting.  Updates were frequent-ish and it wasnt pay-to-win.  It was just poorly built and as such failed.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say that 95% of the people talking smack about FEZ on this thread haven't even played it.

If you think the server wasn't on fiber optic than you are just an ignorant fool.

The server might have been but the rest of the world playing wasnt. The majority of landlines are still copper wire going through outdated exchanges moron.

I lag just as much playing on a japanese server as all the people from random third world countries did playing on the NA one. The only way to fix that issue is to restrict the game service for the nations in which it was set up for.

They couldn't restrict access because sod all people played it in the first place.  If they did, it would have died at birth.  As I said, poor descision to take the game on from the off.

Gamepot was unwilling to do that as they were too greedy to make any of the right decisions. They could have been on the best connection with a 64core opteron dedicated server and still would have failed. A machine is only as good as the person who is running it. Gamepot couldn't run anything in any direction other than into the ground and that is exactly what they've done with several games.

The problem wasn't he machine it was the fact that the game was so old and wasnt up to date with modern networks.  Not to mention it was client side not server side which I mentioned before.  The only thing Gamepot are guilty of is crap risk assessment when it comes to games.  With the best will in the world, even the most professional company out there (if they were dumb enough to pick the game up) couldnt have made it work without a complete rebuild.

I doubt Gamepot suffer from greed.  Incompetence when it comes to products, but not greed.  FEZ was a good game, with ok admin who tried there best to make it interesting.  Updates were frequent-ish and it wasnt pay-to-win.  It was just poorly built and as such failed.

Apparently you are basing your information on just a hunch because based on what you've just said, you've never actually played the game. If you had you would know, they did not have a single GM in game that could even close to considered 'OK'. The only have decent admins were AWOL 90% of the time. The only GM's that actually were on the server were severly abusive and completely unprofessional.

Yawn.

From the 'Best game ever thread';

"Er lev 38 B Scout from Gev.

Got sick of players torrenting to lag deliberately, the sequential combat system which meant that if someone else hit just before you, youre attack didnt count and the low pop which meant battles were normally 1v2 unless you wanted to sit there for hours on end hoping the war pop got to 10v10 or higher.

The lag was just the icing on the cake

This doesn't include the sabo's and the players with alts who would join a war on the enemies side so as to get their sides pop up then log out leaving a battle of 5v1 or variations thereof.

Dont forget that the game runs client side which makes it all the harder to keep the game running consistently."

Plus a D Scout I was leveling when I quit amongst others.  Fought for Gev, avoided the Neverdie drama, wasn't interested in being a White Knight. 

If that was your post that just proves your ignorance. First of all the targeting system is set up that way so that if you get surrounded you still have somewhat of a chance. Otherwise you would just be completely screwed. If the targetting system was such a big problem, why is the game so popular in japan, and still wanted among the people who played here in NA? Also, why would people need to join the other team in a 5v1? You can do that just by declaring somewhere. It starts out as 5v0 anyways.  You're the kind of person who made the game somewhat irritating to play anyways, you are part of the game's downfall. Idiots whining about pointless crap that isn't a problem, only to cause problems in doing so. GJ, you're completely useless, I hope your parents are proud.

If that was your post that just proves your ignorance. First of all the targeting system is set up that way so that if you get surrounded you still have somewhat of a chance. Otherwise you would just be completely screwed. If the targetting system was such a big problem, why is the game so popular in japan, and still wanted among the people who played here in NA? Also, why would people need to join the other team in a 5v1? You can do that just by declaring somewhere. It starts out as 5v0 anyways.  You're the kind of person who made the game somewhat irritating to play anyways, you are part of the game's downfall. Idiots whining about pointless crap that isn't a problem, only to cause problems in doing so. GJ, you're completely useless, I hope your parents are proud.

I am assuming your IQ doesn't go to double figures so I will keep this simple.

The game is popular in Japan because they have decent telecommunications which means that there pings very rarely get above 50.  Unlike the West which still has the old system which hasn't changed much since the invention of the phone having people complain in forum about massive pings and ping spikes.

The 5v1 and variations thereof scenario was complained about on the forums because because players would join a battle as Gev (for example), to get the numbers up and when the enemy matched them at say 10 v 10, they would then log out leaving the battle at 10 v 3.

It was also mentioned frequently on the forums, including calling for specific bans, the problem of people deliberately lagging so they could not be hit. 

If it was still wanted so desperately in NA it wouldn't have died.  I quit because of the flaws in the game and because the battles very rarely if ever got above 10 v 10 towards the end and that was if they werent rigged.

As for the targeting, again mentioned frequently on the forums, especially Dagger and Bow scouts as ping differences meant you hit data ghosts more often than not and the hit box was no longer where you thought it was. At which point the target turned around and killed you.

The combat was sequential (again mentioned on the forums) as players constantly complained about having their attacks borked because someone else struck just before.  Simultaneous attacks didn't happen.   Two Bow Scouts couldnt hit a giant at the same time. If the Giant was knocked down you couldn't hit it again until it stood up. To keep it simple so you understand, people took turns.

In conclusion I assume you are a fanboi cellar dweller who is just going to emorage complete nonsense against anything you dont agree with.  I also believe that you played a completely different game from the rest of us as most of the things I have mentioned are, or were common complaints on the forum.

Please feel free to respond although I cant say I will reply as I have an aversion to debating points with children who have yet to develop body hair let alone a reasonable degree of maturity.

Sorry buy my IQ is perfectly fine, infact probably double what you're sporting. The game didn't die due to connection issues. It died to to a poor community and a worse host. Anybody who didn't have their head stuck between their legs while playing would have definately noticed that.

Everybody knows, I'm not a fan boy. I'm also not some moron who goes around complaining about the small problems when there were much bigger ones that needed to be dealt with.

If you left FEZ it wasn't a bad thing, I highly doubt anyone cared or even noticed.