Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do we know about the end game?

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Do we know about the end game yet?

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

They launched the game with a cap set at lvl50.  The real cap is lvl60 but they want to wait until enough people are high lvl before they open the lvl 51-60 area's along with the political system.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89

A messege pops up on your screen saying your princess is in another castle.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

The only thing we do know is there will be no raiding. Five man groups is the most they will put in.

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by Novusod

The only thing we do know is there will be no raiding. Five man groups is the most they will put in.

Thank god,no zergs,please.

• wallet113wallet113 Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by Crynswind

Sounds good already. I really hate raiding......so much.

Originally posted by wallet113

Originally posted by Crynswind

Sounds good already. I really hate raiding......so much.

The Dev's tested raiding but it always turned out to being a zerk dps beatdown with no strategy so they nixed the idea.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

It is too early to tell if the TERA will fail or not but saying extremist statements like NO raiding isn't a good sign. It alienates part of the potential player base. Solo'ing is pretty stale and played out mechanic too but few would make a game that had no solo content in it, or no crafting, or no marketplace because people like those sort of play styles.

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

NO raiding = good, since raids are all about zerging, it wouldn't fit this game where it has all the strategic and tactical going for it. Can't wait!

• tub0rgtub0rg Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by Sfaliara

NO raiding = good, since raids are all about zerging, it wouldn't fit this game where it has all the strategic and tactical going for it. Can't wait!

Raids are only about zerging if they aren’t instanced. If they are instanced they are the most tactical and strategic pve there is. And open world raids I honestly wouldn’t even call raids since they suck balls and make close to no sense on a pve server.

So iam very doubtfull that they can fill the void in the pve endgame, which is kinda sad course the pve(coop) endgame is all im interested in.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by tub0rg

Raids are only about zerging if they aren’t instanced. If they are instanced they are the most tactical and strategic pve there is. And open world raids I honestly wouldn’t even call raids since they suck balls and make close to no sense on a pve server.

So iam very doubtfull that they can fill the void in the pve endgame, which is kinda sad course the pve(coop) endgame is all im interested in.

Wrong, Bluehole has tested the raids internally and they said they were more about zergs than strategic and tactical which is of course where the combat system shines.

Originally posted by paterah

Wrong, Bluehole has tested the raids internally and they said they were more about zergs than strategic and tactical which is of course where the combat system shines.

Is that supposed to be an argument?

They said they tested it in what form or shape ever, and thats your argument against raiding in gerneral?

You did realize I didn’t exclusively talk about tera right?

you also might want to look up tactic and strategic in the dictionary, cause i can see the combat being  more involving, reflex based and intuitive but not tactical or strategic.

They said they tested it in what form or shape ever, and thats your argument against raiding in gerneral?

you also might want to look up tactic and strategic in the dictionary, cause i can see the combat being  more involving, reflex based and intuitive but not tactical or strategic.

~OP, sorry to go off-topic~

@ Tub0rg:

I am curious about your post, could you give me some references on some of those Tactical / strategic instances.  I am wondering because I have always found content that involves instances to be canned / boringly scripted incounters that has little to do with tactics and very little strategy after you have done it more than twice.  I think it's mostly due to the weak AI of the mobs.

On the other hand, I find OW encounters with bosses far more tactical and strategic as long as there is the possability of a pvp encounter during the fight.

Please don't view my post as an attack on your view because it's not (there is no right or wrong answer), and I really don't feel like getting into a "slap fight" here on the forums.

cheers

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

It is too early to tell if the TERA will fail or not but saying extremist statements like NO raiding isn't a good sign. It alienates part of the potential player base. Solo'ing is pretty stale and played out mechanic too but few would make a game that had no solo content in it, or no crafting, or no marketplace because people like those sort of play styles.

I think that each game can chose their own end game without copying other successful MMO's. Raiding is not necassary to make a good MMO (Guildwars). I think TERA can re-define what endgame is and still draw in people that used to 10-20man raid. I agree it will still stop some people from playing but I don't think it will hurt the game's popularity. I think the biggest complaint I've seen so far is the LOOK of the characters such as the Castonics/Elin. If that's the worst Tera has to worry about then it will do fine.

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Nah,mindless zergs.

5/6 man groups are always more strategic.

Maybe in EQ...

Raids would never work in Tera,look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRG15-bzSm4

5 man group and it's already a mess.

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

I'm also in with the crowd that's tired of raiding.

Raiding is very stale gearchecks. Nothing more.

My experience with raiding sadly is only with WOW, where you only have to memorise 3 mechanics per phase with 2-3 phases on the boss. You know what and when it's going to happen. I have never been more bored with an endgame concept as pve instanced raids.

How can anyone say raiding is challanging? Maybe finding 9-24 other people that are not morons is the real challange, that's really the only problem with raiding. The encounters are not hard, it's making sure your group can memorize 3 mechanics and can move into the spot they were taught to move in.. oh noes.. hard!!

I really hope theres something in the world worth fighting over in TERA. I really want it to succeed at endgame. Dead world with instances and trade chat spamming are not what i'm looking forward to.

Here's a 4 man party fighting an open world boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEL1Ipq6rKU

and this one is a 5 man party in a lvl50 instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxC3q3qc3jc

As you can see your gonna need a lot of room to maneuver and having too many people will get kinda crazy, not to mention all the exta elites you will aggro in the process as noted in the first vid.

• The level 50 dungeons is pretty huge and hard and really well done. I'm wondering when they unlock the last 10 levels with the last content, and how hard these istances will be.
    But i prefer an ow boss so guilds should fight each other for raid it, i'm not a big fan of istances.

Originally posted by stayontarget

@ Tub0rg:

I am curious about your post, could you give me some references on some of those Tactical / strategic instances.  I am wondering because I have always found content that involves instances to be canned / boringly scripted incounters that has little to do with tactics and very little strategy after you have done it more than twice.  I think it's mostly due to the weak AI of the mobs.

On the other hand, I find OW encounters with bosses far more tactical and strategic as long as there is the possability of a pvp encounter during the fight.

Please don't view my post as an attack on your view because it's not (there is no right or wrong answer), and I really don't feel like getting into a "slap fight" here on the forums.

cheers

I don’t see the difference to scripted Raid encounters in let’s say WoW or Aoc to the scripted dungeon encounters in Tera, except for the more reflex based combat, which is without a doubt different but I don’t see how it it’s supposed to be more tactical. Evading boss hits by moving out of a zone is nothing new just because it works different in tera doesn’t make it more tactical, Aoc has no direct heals so positioning to get healed is as important as it will be in tera. Having to target the mob with the mouse is not more tactical, more intuitive and involving yes. 

As I said instance raids are PVE content, open world raids are PVP Content if there wasn’t the possibility to get ass raped by some other guild who want that xx hour spawn loot goddess there would be no point in them, since you can just bring enough people to zerg the encounter to death.

Of course Encounters get boring if you know them and grind them to death, when I was playing wow, burning crusade, we did the last boss in a raid maybe 3 - 4 times, and went to the next harder raid. Who said you should run the same raid for 6 months.

And to that other guy who said raiding was boring since you just get told what to jada jada, of course it’s fucking boring if you’re just getting told what to do or read how to kill a boss. The whole point is to find a way how to defeat him. The boss should be so hard that there is no way in hell you can defeat him with tank and spank so that you’ll have to cut corners, be creative how to defeat him. Of course it sucks if you’re just a tool who gets told where to stand and what to do.

The whole raiding equals zerging in tera I mean you can understand the developer, they develop the game in Korea, there are no pve servers in the Korean version of tera, they don’t have a pve rule set. Of course why would they be thinking about instance raiding in a pvp oriented game? I really hope I’m wrong about this, since I do like the art style and I like the combat, but I really fear that the whole pve rule set is just an afterthought for them.

Originally posted by stayontarget

@ Tub0rg:

cheers

I don’t see the difference to scripted Raid encounters in let’s say WoW or Aoc to the scripted dungeon encounters in Tera, except for the more reflex based combat, which is without a doubt different but I don’t see how it it’s supposed to be more tactical. Evading boss hits by moving out of a zone is nothing new just because it works different in tera doesn’t make it more tactical, Aoc has no direct heals so positioning to get healed is as important as it will be in tera. Having to target the mob with the mouse is not more tactical, more intuitive and involving yes. 

As I said instance raids are PVE content, open world raids are PVP Content if there wasn’t the possibility to get ass raped by some other guild who want that xx hour spawn loot goddess there would be no point in them, since you can just bring enough people to zerg the encounter to death.

Of course Encounters get boring if you know them and grind them to death, when I was playing wow, burning crusade, we did the last boss in a raid maybe 3 - 4 times, and went to the next harder raid. Who said you should run the same raid for 6 months.

And to that other guy who said raiding was boring since you just get told what to jada jada, of course it’s fucking boring if you’re just getting told what to do or read how to kill a boss. The whole point is to find a way how to defeat him. The boss should be so hard that there is no way in hell you can defeat him with tank and spank so that you’ll have to cut corners, be creative how to defeat him. Of course it sucks if you’re just a tool who gets told where to stand and what to do.

The whole raiding equals zerging in tera I mean you can understand the developer, they develop the game in Korea, there are no pve servers in the Korean version of tera, they don’t have a pve rule set. Of course why would they be thinking about instance raiding in a pvp oriented game? I really hope I’m wrong about this, since I do like the art style and I like the combat, but I really fear that the whole pve rule set is just an afterthought for them.

I'll give you one example: you have to target heals. What do you do as a raiding healer in other games? You click the square icon of X player and heal him during a boss fight without even knowing where the fuck he is. Now try to comprehend how heal targetting would work in a 20man group in Tera. I'd say close to impossible but you are welcome to find a way to make it work yourself. Until then, I'm simply going to say that end-game instances in Tera are more exciting than raids in other MMOs.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

No raid content is less content no matter what you guys say, an end game without raids is like a cake without icing.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

After raiding for years, I don't mind no raids. If I had to choose between 1 raid and 10 group instances, I'd pick the group ones.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by judex99

No raid content is less content no matter what you guys say, an end game without raids is like a cake without icing.

I take it you've only played WoW?

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by paterah

Originally posted by judex99

I take it you've only played WoW?

Never played that game, please try again.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

The small group instances, where movement and skill of every player counts are the best thing about a MMO.

The 24-player-instances in WoW sucked and it didn't matter if two or three people died there actually. 10-player-instances were quiet OK, but you got to take into account, that TERA is FPS-combat and not a hardlock-key-spamming-festival.

I can live without the big raids and it's allways more fun to go into smaller instances with a few good friends of yours instead of a bigger group where you only know half the people personally.

Originally posted by Yalexy

The small group instances, where movement and skill of every player counts are the best thing about a MMO.

The 24-player-instances in WoW sucked and it didn't matter if two or three people died there actually. 10-player-instances were quiet OK, but you got to take into account, that TERA is FPS-combat and not a hardlock-key-spamming-festival.

I can live without the big raids and it's allways more fun to go into smaller instances with a few good friends of yours instead of a bigger group where you only know half the people personally.

Well, some people here (e.g. above) are claiming that an MMO cannot exist!!! if there are no raids of 25 people meeting up every night at approximately 8 p.m. to kill a grounded dragon under a roof. I'm sorry but if this is your definition of end-game then it's simply downright wrong.