Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

main page is very CPU intensive...

prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169

When I'm playing my choice MMO (dungeons and dragons online) and I come to mmorpg.com, the website uses more of my processor power than the game!

The website design feels clunky and unresponsive when I'm navigating without a game in the background, as well.  I don't have a very powerful machine, but it's plenty adequate to play any game on the market...  So a website shouldn't be so taxing!  I would come to mmorpg.com probably 5x as often if it did not hog my processor.  the main page consistantly runs with over 90% of my processor...  Does anyone else have this problem?  it justs seems inefficient and bulky...

Comments

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Thisi s because of all the Flash advertisements. If you surf with Firefox, disable their "plugin container" and use the Firefox add-on "FlashBlock", browsing MMORPG.com becomes painless. You'll notice marked improvements in overall webrowsing as well since most websites usually have a Flash advertisement or two up on their pages.

As a note, MMORPG.com (and every other site in the world) should really forbid Flash ads until Adobe gets their technology in order. Because an increasing number of people are not seeing those ads anymore, but a black/white box with an "F" in it, which sure as hell isn't terribly good for getting click-throughs.