Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get into beta testing for a game?

How do i get into beta testing for a game, especially MEO?

Comments

• Levithian_66Levithian_66 Member Posts: 143

look

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657
    When the game is released into beta they will annouce it on the website and you can sign up for it. other games just go to the game website and look for beta sign up.

imageimage

• TsenTsen Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by goblin_3468
    How do i get into beta testing for a game, especially MEO?

WHY? This game suxxors really bad .. NO PVP NO ANYTHING to keep people interested that are in the MMO area. This game reminds me of a single player game that someone said lets make it coop lol ..

This game comming from Vivendi is like crap-o-la . what can you expect i guess they only hire asians to write code lol ..

Helllo, My name is Indego Montoya, You killed my father prepare to die.

(Repeat)

Turbine has bought the license to produce this game so vivedeii is no long involved and how in the world will you know if a game is going to sux, oh i forgot no pvp, the world is coming to a end a game with no pvp. I have asked on other threads what gives you the right to bash a game and say it suxs just because you wont be able to pk in it?

As far as content and stuff for a player to do, READ the books, there is more content for them to draw on from the books to keep a player interested and give them stuff to do in this game other than pvp. Your right this game is not like all the main stream MMO's out there, It is better, it is based on the greatest fantasy ever written, Based on the Grand daddy of all fantasies. I can tell you have only seen the movies, though they were great movies, they pale in regard to the books. You proabably have never read a book in your life. Do yourself a favor and read the lord of the rings, hobbit and silmarillion. Then you will maybe be able to comprehend what i am saying.

In closing don't bash on something you know nothing about. I don't go around saying all pvp games suck because i don't pvp, I don't try to convince others that the only games out there are games that i like that are worth playing. Just wait and see this will be the greatest MMORPG ever.

imageimage

• frontpage5frontpage5 Member Posts: 5

vivendi already maked some great games!
    It is kinda dissapionting they are not making the game anylonger

My understanding is that turbine approached them to take over the project for the reason that they are wanting to expand and grow in the gaming industry. If you would like to see and learn what they have instore for this game you can check out LOTROsource.com or LOTRO-turbine.com. There are some new screenshots and dev diaries on the official website, and LOTROsource is a community of tolkien fans (i am a member of this site) you can discuss the game here with some very knowledgeable people on the subject.

Another thing the reason there is no PVP in this game is cause they felt it didn't fit the lore and story line of the book, You are only able to play the free races, can't play the evil races, and no alignment system which, it would be to out of touch with the lore for there to be hobbits vs hobbits, or elf vs elf and such. The game is based during the time of the war of the ring, which meens that we as free races would ultimately be fighting against sauron and his forces. This i not to be said that pvp is totally out, Floon beetle said in his dev diary about  no pvp that he was leaving a pin hole opening in the no pvp, mainly that pvp would not be the center focus of the game like it is for so many games now adays.

So who knows there might be some form of pvp in the future, in what way or shape it will take place if it even does ( i am just speculating here so don't quote me =) ) is and will yet to be seen. There main focus is to make this game true to the writings of tolkien and to give us the fans of his writings a chance to do what we have all dreamed of for so long, be apart of the world he created that we all love so much.

So check out the sites and learn all you can about this game.

imageimage

• wuzzleswuzzles Member Posts: 6

I think people need to learn that PvP isn't everything.

do it to it

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Ahh..but PvP is the ONLY cool thing to do in MMOs! It's really the only reason to play them! Honestly, ask yourself if there is anything else you would rather do than walk around ganking other players!

/sarcasm off

Let's see????? YES like doing indepth quest, lvling, following a story line, in other words acutally roleplaying, Ganking other players is not fun to me and to lots of others, especially to the people who are low lvl newb's who are just trying to learn the game and are the ones constantly getting ganked while they are trying to learn the game. I like to play games that have content to them and there are more to do than just gank other payers, PVP is not the all and end all of playing a game, just because you all like it and love to do it does not meen it is the only fun aspect to a game, there are alot of differant type of players out there and we all like to see the things we like in a game also. All most every game out there is pvp based and geared towards the pvpers, Ask yourself is it fair that the only games we have a choose of are pvp fest games? Shouldn't we have the choice of rpg only games? Is it really necesarry for hard core pvp players to say a game will sux because they can't gank other players?

imageimage

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by Grindalyx
    Let's see????? YES like doing indepth quest, lvling, following a story line, in other words acutally roleplaying, Ganking other players is not fun to me and to lots of others, especially to the people who are low lvl newb's who are just trying to learn the game and are the ones constantly getting ganked while they are trying to learn the game. I like to play games that have content to them and there are more to do than just gank other payers, PVP is not the all and end all of playing a game, just because you all like it and love to do it does not meen it is the only fun aspect to a game, there are alot of differant type of players out there and we all like to see the things we like in a game also. All most every game out there is pvp based and geared towards the pvpers, Ask yourself is it fair that the only games we have a choose of are pvp fest games? Shouldn't we have the choice of rpg only games? Is it really necesarry for hard core pvp players to say a game will sux because they can't gank other players?

Heh..you knew I was being sarcastic, right? ::::35::

Ya but wasn't sure, Sorry for the ranting.

imageimage

• ccquadmanccquadman Member Posts: 12
    Will I be able to wear the ring? I'm a good 'ol boy in real life, and wanna be evil in MMO games.
  • KingElessarKingElessar Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by ccquadman
    Will I be able to wear the ring? I'm a good 'ol boy in real life, and wanna be evil in MMO games.

I think anyone who has read the books would see that you would have to be image to want the 'ring'.

Ring of power = being stabbed to death by wraiths with little pointy knives that dig their way to your heart, being an evil-magnet, and becoming egocentric. image

No you will not be able to get the Ring in LotRO as you cannot change the main storyline.

• ccquadmanccquadman Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by KingElessar

I think anyone who has read the books would see that you would have to be image to want the 'ring'.

Ring of power = being stabbed to death by wraiths with little pointy knives that dig their way to your heart, being an evil-magnet, and becoming egocentric. image

No you will not be able to get the Ring in LotRO as you cannot change the main storyline.

Being stabbed to death by wraiths, etc. isn't bad and won't hurt. In the story, the ring has been worn from time to time, although the results were not what one may desire. Nevertheless, in a game, I wanna wear it.

Reminds me of Star Wars Galaxies. Everyone wants to be a Jedi-- good or bad, but the Devs keep nerfing it to make it more and more difficult. I pay $$$-- gimme gimme. image

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Yeah you can and you can even play as Sauron to.