Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

!!!!!CLONE!!!!!

124»

Comments

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

Great post, OP. Very funny. :)

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Originally posted by Zairu

why not instead type an informative post of the games features that you feel are so grand, which would help those of us curiously looking at the game.

why is it so great that it inspires you to lash out at those who just want to hate it?

that would be way better than the pong joke.

i hit most rift topics, regardlessof the title. so maybe you should work more at making the community 'not' look like 12 year old douchebags.

Perhaps this is the best post yet.  Do you really need to do a detailed analysis of another WOW clone?  Why waste the time?  The original poster hit the nail right on the head.  I agree with all his points :)

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I was just severely dissapointed but i had more expectations out of Rift. I didnt expect it to play and feel exactly like WoW (and other similar games). Thats my fault tho for hoping for better.

Rift is beautiful and cool but its called a clone for good reason. And not everybody means it as an insult. I loved WoW, i quit it after a long enough time, i did enjoy Cata but not enough to keep playing. Im not playing Rift because its like playing in Azeroths backyard. Ive moved.

Rift is a good game. Maybe ill pick it up if nothing else better has come out but DCUO is a fun casual game and im looking forward to the new Star Wars and i dunno a whole bunch of other games.

Definitely still cant wait for Diablo 3.

Oh and the Pong argument is terrible. Pong is overpowered and can never be nerfed.

I laughed.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

When the community start making these jokes (lose respect for the direction their genre took) its a good sign we have evolved to a no return point.

Those things made fun off above wont ever be acceptable again.

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

I shall call it ... WAFT.

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Originally posted by heartless

Originally posted by Oszy

Originally posted by Qazz

I think that this is a better example.

EQ:

WoW:

Rift:

Aion:

Sorry, I forgot about that game.

no love for DAoC?

Sorry!

DAoC:

Here are a few bonus ones.

FFXIV:

SWTOR:

I was going to do one for GW2 but couldn't really think of anything so here is one for AoC.

AoC:

Edit: I'm glad that you guys are enjoying these. Also, I'm not making them to bash any particular game, just having a bit of fun.

LOL, this thread made my day much better.

This is what you call GOLDEN

My take on DCUO :P

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Blackfire1Blackfire1 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Originally posted by stayontarget

WoW:

I'm calling BS on this one....wow has way more crap add's on there UI.

You know what? You're absolutely right! How could I forget?

Fixed:

YES! ROFL!

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

That wow one is fucking hilarious.

• dakota123dakota123 Member Posts: 93

holy shit lol, post this thread, dont come back on for a week, and it has this many respones. glad you all liked it, this is the first threat i have ever made that hasn't sizled out  of existence he he he..he.,...oh god I need a life...

also, the pong modifications are amazing, the most recent WoW one with the addons was hilarious

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by dakota123

holy shit lol, post this thread, dont come back on for a week, 

Funny...Its only been a few days. 

The WoW one is priceless.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

We must never forget this thread. One of the funiest things I have encounterd on this site. I am proud of all you:)

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Those pongs deserve their own thread...

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I tried looking up Pong on Game List with no results, why is that? Why is the origin of MMO aren't documented?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• MimiEZMimiEZ Member Posts: 225

The FFXIV one is hilarious :)

-I want a Platformer MMO

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Originally posted by Zairu

why not instead type an informative post of the games features that you feel are so grand, which would help those of us curiously looking at the game.

why is it so great that it inspires you to lash out at those who just want to hate it?

that would be way better than the pong joke.

i hit most rift topics, regardlessof the title. so maybe you should work more at making the community 'not' look like 12 year old douchebags.

Damn dude... It's only a joke. I think this specific forum could use some humor everyone is so up in arms trying to defend or attack the game it's good to just chill and laugh a bit.

You sir, have made THE point.

• UruketoUruketo Member UncommonPosts: 55

Thanks for the laugh!

Uruketo, 70 Bard/Ninja/Warrior
    <Grievance> Free Company
    Final Fantasy XIV - Midgardsormr
    http://www.grievancegaming.com/

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

Best part of this thread IMO is Zairu's various posts changing from cranky philosophizer to the OK fine, I'll shut up now and try the beta [para]. 

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

being a curmudgen can be fun.

only one that really made me laugh out loud was the AOC, when someone said, "no. you added too much content."

i started beta last night, and i liked it. got to lvl 9 and as a sometimes anti-social Rp'er i think i might enjoy rift hunting. i like playing with others, but don't always want to trail along everywhere, so the rifts might be a good way to meet/play with others, and not have to even speak really, unless it fits the vibe.

the dark fantasy terrains (defiants zones are all i've seen), a race of dark elves, responds to my controls well, seems smoothe with gameplay. yeah. i think i will be upgrading. i just can't decide if i should digital pre-order for the week head start, or just wait and get a box and discs with it. i really wanted to ignore this game, because i might not stay more than a few months, but when i resub to WoW these days, it can only keep me for a month. and i think my favorite part of EQ2 is player housing. it might be fun to have something around i actually want to play (been bored and back to TES4 player made mods for my game fix)

so, even if this thread is just a different version of the same ole' joke thats been on this site for a the few years i've come around, i admit this is the thread that convinced me to try Rift. i don't think i have ever seen a 10 page thread on this site, where almost everyone agreed on something, and i was the only person who complained.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Originally posted by dakota123

oh ma gawd, rift is such a PONG clone, i mean really? it plays on a SCREEN, and whats with all this shit movin around, i swear to fucking gawd pong had shit moving around all over the damn place...and son of a bitch, they made it by programming!!!!!! total PONG rip off

I swear to gawd, all of these developers need to stop copying PONG, ever since Brickbreaer it's benn the SAME DAMN THING! This game is gonna fail so hard because hard cause pong did everything first, so just because of that, fuck itk, dont play it, i mean even look at the damn storyline, they are the same thing!

this gmae is gonna fail cause it is not innovative like pacman, that shit had ghosts!!!

And I like pie.

I can appreciate a satirical post, but holy !@#$ do you have a potty mouth.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please refer to this thread :

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/sticky/306250

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.