Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make isk..

scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234

I recently got my badger ll distroyed with 10mil of goods by a pirate. Now I have no isk.. I am in 0.0 space and I am WANTED for 95k isk so I cant realy go anywhere. Can anyone give me some tip to make some mill in a day?

PM: eC Cade    in-game name

Comments

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419
    As long as you are not less than -2.0 security then you will be perfectly safe in Empire controlled space. I would suggest going there to make ISK. Try doing missions, they are very lucrative these days.
  • dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

If you have absolutely no other ways of making ISK, there are a few alternatives you can take. One would be to try and get a loan off of someone you can trust/trusts you. The other would be to use an alt in empire space to try and get your cash back. Both options kind of suck but, beggars can't be choosers, I've had to restart from scratch before, went from running L4's and doing fleet ops in my armageddon to running L2's in an omen due to a nasty disconnect, boy do I love my isp *shurgs*. Good luck.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Man that blows, sorry for bad luck. When I first started, someone gave me advice, and it has served me well...

Don't fly what you can't afford to loose.

I know, a day late and an ISK short, but it really does work. ::::02::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234

I learned my lesson of course image

I might try to get a loan, meanwhile I been doing combat agent missions in my frig. Caldri Navy agents image

• Cobra1107Cobra1107 Member Posts: 78

Damn, that sucks.

Worse thing to ever happen to me is when I was a noob, I got 5mil scammed out of me.

• CarsonCarson Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Cobra1107
    Damn, that sucks.Worse thing to ever happen to me is when I was a noob, I got 5mil scammed out of me.

How'd that happen?

Well I didn't quite understand the concept of Courier missions, so I did one like an idiot. Put 5mil down for a 500k reward. Man, that sucked.

Yeah some courrier missions can be a pain but, gotta be careful to. Do not in any circumstance do players missions or the missions you get by hitting the "missions" button in a station. They are completely player made and are generally ploys and scams to get you killed and lose money.

When you complete the mission you will get the 5m ISK back and have made 500k profit. Where was the scam?

I put 5mil collateral down for a 500k reward. Also, the mission was made so you couldn't finish it.

How could you not finish it? This may be of interest to others in your situation....

You cannot finish these missions because they usually take you a dozen jumps into 0.0 space deep into pirate infested territory. That way, if you even TRY to finish the mission, they will track you down and kill you. So, unless you have insta jumps to the location AND station and back again, your gonna end up losing alot of ISK. Alot of people make this mistake simply because they do not read all the details of the mission and end up getting scammed. Besides the point, the item they require is usualy something simple like a cargohold expander I and offer tons of money for it, making this trap all the more alluring.

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by dRedawg
    I recently got my badger ll distroyed with 10mil of goods by a pirate. Now I have no isk.. I am in 0.0 space and I am WANTED for 95k isk so I cant realy go anywhere. Can anyone give me some tip to make some mill in a day?
    PM: eC Cade in-game name

Ouch! First thing you will need to do is head back to Empire space above >0.5. You are NOT safe in Empire space >0.4 because there is little if no Empire or Concord presence besides sentry guns. Providing pirates can tank the guns at the gate, a negative security hit is all they have to worry about. If they catch you in the [Asteroid] belts, then a negative security hit is all!

I'm 3 weeks new to Eve after returning from a 20 month hiatus, so you know far more than me about making ISK. Get out of low sec space - especially if you're a wanted man and do not have a combat ship to back you up. Of course, if you like the risk and excitement of low sec space than you can try and eek a living from scratch. Kudo's to you! Mining and agent missions are your only options. I assume you don't have a lot of collateral? Then forget about trading. I assume that you no longer possess a combat enabled ship? Then forget about hunting rats or even other players (pirates). It's either mining or agent missions, for you.

I would like to offer my assistance but I'm still flying my Imicus =/. I eventually plan to purchase an Indy and am purchasing an Incursus as a combat frigate. But my PvP skills and modules will be lacking. That said, being a fellow MMORPG'er, if I can help then I will.

Get your ass back to Empire high sec (above <0.4) space! Until you've re-established yourself at least.

Note: this is an important lesson to learn even in high sec Empire controlled space. Always ensure that you have made a provision in case of the worst scenario: you lose the ship, modules and all cargo on board. Can happen due to pirates, rats and/or CTD's [crash to desktop] in a dangerous part of space.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

aka Cassi O'Peia
    Gallente Federation

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by dakilla666
    You cannot finish these missions because they usually take you a dozen jumps into 0.0 space deep into pirate infested territory. That way, if you even TRY to finish the mission, they will track you down and kill you. So, unless you have insta jumps to the location AND station and back again, your gonna end up losing alot of ISK. Alot of people make this mistake simply because they do not read all the details of the mission and end up getting scammed. Besides the point, the item they require is usualy something simple like a cargohold expander I and offer tons of money for it, making this trap all the more alluring.

Dakilla666 has summed it up perfectly. No-one can scam you without YOUR consent. Eve is a harsh, unforgiving universe and unless you have ALL of your wits about you, someone else is ready and willing to rob you off every single ISK that you have. Two of the nastiest tricks to watch out for as a new player are:

1. Escrow courier missions - as illustrated by dakilla666. Plan your route BEFORE you accept. 9/10 the route will be through low sec (>0.4) space and will be death trap.

2. Buy orders - becareful of unusually high buy orders when trading. Like the courier missions illustrated above (see above), either the route will be through low sec space and/or the commodity will be illegal either in that system or at that station. Thus, you will have a cargo laden with commodities that you cannot sell. You will also have pirates laying in wait to relieve you of this 'burden'.

All of the above illustrate the need for one to make a provision and to think about risk management. Players are not mollycuddled within Eve and it is possible to lose EVERYTHING if you haven't adequately made a provision.

Newbie Tip #1: Always, always insure your clone and then your ship. ISK comes and goes but SP loss is the most devestating loss and will set you back weeks, if not months, in real time. It is imperative that you are ALWAYS insured against clone loss that will cover ALL of your SP [skill points]. I cannot emphasize this enough.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

aka Cassi O'Peia
    Gallente Federation

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Originally posted by dRedawg
    PM: eC Cade in-game name

You can probably get out of 0.0 easily enuugh even with a bounty. What is your security rating?