Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: One Year Anniversary Tribute Video

AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Comments

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2izQD0Klsk&hd=1

Pretty good.

They always could put a shine on a turd , but it's still a turd. I give you this for consideration.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3326089&postcount=43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SapphicZoid

Yeah the space station, not such a big deal you know? You slapped a new skin on it and you had spoken about this forever, and people wanted it forever. It was a mistake not to go with it at the start. You know that. Even you said it in your interview, it's what you always wanted. Not so much an anniversary type event.

Xp boost? How does this help the VA's and their Klningon counterparts? Leveling isn't exactly an issue in the game. it's fairly simple.

Seriously? You think putting something in the C-Store is something to celebrate? Re-ally? How about you GIVE the people something? You know for helping you survive the last year during your game which is little better then an open beta? How about that? You do more for the C-Store then you do anything else. How is something new there, special?

The release of the new "weekly content" isn't something to celebrate. It's been since the Fall of 2010 since the last time you released anything new for the players to play. Doing your job isn't cause for celebration, not at all.

You started to copy players missions onto the Holodeck? Ok. But that isn't content YOU made. It's not part of a celebration, is it? It's not new content, it's player made content. And don't forget you have alll been saying the UGC wouldn't degrade or replace content you produced. OF course when you set a standard of releasing new content every 5-6 months I guess it will be a simple matter to say, it's not having an impact, huh?

Is this really the amount of effort you wanted to give and show people for the games one year anniversary? Is this really the level of love and dedication you have to the people paying your salaries? Seriously? This is akin to buying the first card you see on a shelf. It's very much like giving someone a get well card on their birthday. How sad you couldn't find a way to do just a bit more.

I have an idea, why don't you give eveyone currently subscribed a choice between the Grumba, Delta flyer or the vulcan ship, gratas? Don't pretend it would spell doom and gloom for the game. Clearly you can afford it. You want to do something special? Do that.

if you aren't happy, vote with your subscription. that is your recourse.

as for the team, I've already said in multiple threads that we spent an awful lot of energy doing these updates and on top of that the majority of our "budget" went into the next feature episode series.

if you're convinced that we aren't pouring our lifeblood into this game, i invite you to come visit the studio and i'll introduce you to everyone working on the game and you can ask them personally.

Dstahl

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

wow, sounds like theres some pressure over at cryptic studios.

not that im suprised that a cryptic employee is attacking the paying customers AGAIN, but usually they are a bit more subtle than that.

makes me wonder whats coming down the pipe for announcements for cryptic studios?

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• Mr_CyberpunkMr_Cyberpunk Member Posts: 71

I do like the starbase, but everyone is right, this should have been the case since day 1 of beta. This anniversary is a complete joke. What do we get for our loyalty? NOTHING.

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2izQD0Klsk&hd=1

Pretty good.

They always could put a shine on a turd , but it's still a turd. I give you this for consideration.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3326089&postcount=43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SapphicZoid

Yeah the space station, not such a big deal you know? You slapped a new skin on it and you had spoken about this forever, and people wanted it forever. It was a mistake not to go with it at the start. You know that. Even you said it in your interview, it's what you always wanted. Not so much an anniversary type event.

Xp boost? How does this help the VA's and their Klningon counterparts? Leveling isn't exactly an issue in the game. it's fairly simple.

Seriously? You think putting something in the C-Store is something to celebrate? Re-ally? How about you GIVE the people something? You know for helping you survive the last year during your game which is little better then an open beta? How about that? You do more for the C-Store then you do anything else. How is something new there, special?

The release of the new "weekly content" isn't something to celebrate. It's been since the Fall of 2010 since the last time you released anything new for the players to play. Doing your job isn't cause for celebration, not at all.

You started to copy players missions onto the Holodeck? Ok. But that isn't content YOU made. It's not part of a celebration, is it? It's not new content, it's player made content. And don't forget you have alll been saying the UGC wouldn't degrade or replace content you produced. OF course when you set a standard of releasing new content every 5-6 months I guess it will be a simple matter to say, it's not having an impact, huh?

Is this really the amount of effort you wanted to give and show people for the games one year anniversary? Is this really the level of love and dedication you have to the people paying your salaries? Seriously? This is akin to buying the first card you see on a shelf. It's very much like giving someone a get well card on their birthday. How sad you couldn't find a way to do just a bit more.

I have an idea, why don't you give eveyone currently subscribed a choice between the Grumba, Delta flyer or the vulcan ship, gratas? Don't pretend it would spell doom and gloom for the game. Clearly you can afford it. You want to do something special? Do that.

if you aren't happy, vote with your subscription. that is your recourse.

as for the team, I've already said in multiple threads that we spent an awful lot of energy doing these updates and on top of that the majority of our "budget" went into the next feature episode series.

if you're convinced that we aren't pouring our lifeblood into this game, i invite you to come visit the studio and i'll introduce you to everyone working on the game and you can ask them personally.

Dstahl

Funny thing is right after he posted his article, he was banned, go figure.

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

yeah thats the difference between here and the sto forums scribble. cryptic employees can not just ban you here when you speak the truth and they dont like it.

and really.... they banned the customer (rightfully so).... but what the hell are they doing letting an employee post on their forums that they can take their business elsewhere if they are unhappy? an employees job is to make the customer happy..... and that is specifically stormshades job if i recall.

why is the EP (and i fully understand why he is frustrated) even allowed to post if those are the kinds of things he says? its not like this is the first time dstahl has sad something REALLY dumb.... honest, but dumb.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Got the Trolls stirred up tonight Avery! Great video, saw that posted earlier on twitter. When you going to make one in STO like you did in AoC?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• A_hiA_hi Member Posts: 87

Great video, I give them that. The game still sucks unfortunately.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Havn't looked at this MMO since open beta when I got to try it.  I will admit it definitely looks like a very well polished turd, but underneath all that high gloss & polish its still a turd...

• Mr_CyberpunkMr_Cyberpunk Member Posts: 71

cryptic easily has the worst customer support ever.. I fail to see why they even have a forum.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by Mr_Cyberpunk

cryptic easily has the worst customer support ever.. I fail to see why they even have a forum.

Na, Im calling Turbine on that one :P, I bin sending mails over to them for days now getting basic 101 reply's back. Cryptic aint the best but defintly not the worst :)

Originally posted by Mr_Cyberpunk

Because if they didn't you'd probably bitch they didn't even have a forum. Can't win for losing with some of you.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Got the Trolls stirred up tonight Avery!

Ahh... just admit it.  Without us,  posting here wouldnt be any fun now would it?  image

Anyway, the video is all well and good, but..... im still less than enthusiastic about STO.   Im hoping that one day I might feel differently.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

The thing is, if you post here on MMORPG no one knows if you currently actually play the game. For that matter no one knows if you EVER have. So, you can take the word of some bitter clingers here on MMORPG OR you can try the game for yourself and then decide. I prefer doing the latter then the former to get to the truth of things. To those that choose to listen to the bitter clingers without finding out for yourselves, well that is your loss.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• casmogacasmoga Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Gruug

The thing is, if you post here on MMORPG no one knows if you currently actually play the game. For that matter no one knows if you EVER have. So, you can take the word of some bitter clingers here on MMORPG OR you can try the game for yourself and then decide. I prefer doing the latter then the former to get to the truth of things. To those that choose to listen to the bitter clingers without finding out for yourselves, well that is your loss.

I second that.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I see Grand Nagus is still there defending that game. Didn't see Good Will Riker. I also see that Cryptic's customer service hasn't improved. They'll just never learn.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

I didn't see anything wrong with dstahls reply at all. He stated a simple fact and even invited the person to the studio for a behind the scenes tour. How is that bad? I swear the people posting on MMORPG.com are the thinnest skinned curmudgeons on the internet.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Eladi

Na, Im calling Turbine on that one :P, I bin sending mails over to them for days now getting basic 101 reply's back. Cryptic aint the best but defintly not the worst :)

Don't use e-mails for Turbine; they get so many it takes a week or more for them to get to yours. Call them instead, and once you get through your issue usually gets resolved in minutes.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by ltank

I didn't see anything wrong with dstahls reply at all. He stated a simple fact and even invited the person to the studio for a behind the scenes tour. How is that bad? I swear the people posting on MMORPG.com are the thinnest skinned curmudgeons on the internet.

Basically what he said was this: Don't talk about how we need to improve the game, just accept it or quit.  Not the kind of support you want from your MMO devs.

Or you can look at the official STO forums, and see some of the players (the only people who can post there) saying the same thing:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3325933&postcount=36

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

Originally posted by Dinendae

Or you can look at the official STO forums, and see some of the players (the only people who can post there) saying the same thing:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3325933&postcount=36

Can you point me to a games offical forums where there isn't people bitching about something? This is nothing new with STO, it's a whine fest in AoC, War, you name it.

Can you point me to a games offical forums where there isn't people bitching about something? This is nothing new with STO, it's a whine fest in AoC, War, you name it.

You are missing the point: Gruug is trying to imply that everyone who is complaining about the game never actually played it. It is a silly argument, and to disprove it I linked a post from the official forums where a poster was making the same case many of us here have made. Since you have to have an active STO account to post on those forums, and the poster is bringing up the same things that many have posted here about, it shoots down his conspiracy theory that none of us have actually played the game.

Originally posted by Dinendae

You are missing the point: Gruug is trying to imply that everyone who is complaining about the game never actually played it. It is a silly argument, and to disprove it I linked a post from the official forums where a poster was making the same case many of us here have made. Since you have to have an active STO account to post on those forums, and the poster is bringing up the same things that many have posted here about, it shoots down his conspiracy theory that none of us have actually played the game.

I understand, but that's common on any game that only paid subs can post as well. They simply are not going to please everyone. I mentioned AoC which I think is a post if you sub forum. There is people upset with classes, balance, content, grind...

I don't think he was trying for any conspiracy theory. There is no way to tell who has played and when the last time they played. The forum trolls here just love to read and link back forum posts off the offical site and claim it is the mass majority that are upset. "Look at three page thread about lack of klingon content!" "Your game sucks so bad I caught a homless man shaving and using the install disc as a mirror on the way to work!"