Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P or P2P

TyranosinTyranosin Member Posts: 56

what do u guys want it 2 be ?

Comments

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

B2P.

• QuasiRainQuasiRain Member Posts: 125

B2P, though F2P with cash-shop would be nice. I don't want it to be B2Win though.

Still, ANYTHING BUT P2P!!

<TBA>

• RaikoLivesRaikoLives Member Posts: 89

If it's good and has the content, I'll gladly P2P. Servers and ongoing support have to be paid for and the only f2p games I've ever enjoyed have been things that started as p2p and eventually gone f2p later. And even then it's pretty rare. I'll P2P if it's good enough. If it's not good enough, I won't play it even if it's F2P.

• dlayerdlayer Member Posts: 8

I hope it's B2P but it's okay if it's P2P. I really don't want a cash shop in a game such as this.

• TPPKTPPK Member Posts: 16

I wouldn't mind it being F2P, I don't think anyone would for that matter. Pretty sure it will be P2P at the very least due to it's competetion with TERA and it's CBT being released around the time that TERAS 3 month subscription ends from information I've seen on other sites. I would hope though it could possibly be done like WoW where if you don't feel comfortable doing online type transactions with money, you could simply buy a prepaid card with "time" on it or something of that sort. Would also allow for a much more diverse base of players due to some having parents who don't want to pay for something like this online and would rather do something prepaid with cash.

• RaikoLivesRaikoLives Member Posts: 89

I used to get TimeCards for other NCSoft games that I've played, so when it does finally come to the West I'd say you will probably be able to do just that, although it's been a while since I've SEEN any NCSoft time cards. It'll follow almost the same model for payment as Aion, being a Korean game distributed by NCSoft and all.

• WhiteProphetWhiteProphet Member UncommonPosts: 47

It's from ncsoft burn it alive i say

add the option not gonna play

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

If I were a gambler, I'd say this would be a F2P game. It looks like one of those games that would never be released beyond the boarders of korea, but its gotten global attention, so now they pretty much have to release it everywhere. It will either be along the lines of Vindictus where its Free with cash shops and all the decent looking clothing and weapons are in the cashshop.

Or hopefully, it will be p2p with no cashshop. It will probably be p2p in the states and europe and F2P in korea. I highly doubt B2P becasue thats something only Guild Wars/GW2 has done so far MMO wise that hasn't been copied yet. Unless I'm missing something.

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

I think they decided it not to have subs already...probably they are going to adopt B2P method with paid DLC and cash shop.

• Tyraell91Tyraell91 Member Posts: 25

P2P because F2P is bad model can't do anythng normal ingame, you've to spend more money in F2P (to play normaly) then in P2P

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

B2P

• ClockskullClockskull Member Posts: 4

If it were P2P, you would think they would of spent some money in advertising the game. So i'll be hoping B2P.

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138

B2P would be awesome. I def dont want it to be F2P tho. From experience, the only F2P game that I have actually enjoyed is League of Legends. I wont mind P2P if it is a quality game tho :D

• ClockskullClockskull Member Posts: 4

Its being published by NCSoft, so its just a matter of if they want another game like guild wars.  and yeah B2P. I dont expect a game that takes this long to create to be given out for free.

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

P2P cuts a good chunk of retards that are common in F2p games anyways this game is from NCSoft Triple A too it will be 100% P2P in the west.

• ZakaneZakane Member UncommonPosts: 71
    F2P for a game like this just won't happen maybe I am wrong.

But I like the idea of smooth running servers, constant updates and paying people who work for the company.

A B2P model certainly could work also, look at Guild Wars.

Over all F2P is just silly, someone had to make the models, the coding, the art, the advertising, the sound the well you know the game. They deserve to be payed for their hard work.

I don't mind P2p either, it is a very small amount for fun. You have to pay to play golf, go to the movies, pretty much do anything fun. So yeah...lets just stay away from the F2P models...
  • dark3n3dsouldark3n3dsoul Member Posts: 20

Nah it will be pay ot play....Infact the free to play model kills games and game economies. in game cashshops have ruined many games, the longgevity of the game becomes comprimised, this is from a vet f2p gamer. I hope this game is pay per month hopefully 10$ per month, and in so sayin if you pay per month then you should not have an item mall in there or else the game has a double standard and will be frowned upon by many. In other words noone will play it after a while.

Forever With You...

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by dark3n3dsoul

Nah it will be pay ot play....Infact the free to play model kills games and game economies. in game cashshops have ruined many games, the longgevity of the game becomes comprimised, this is from a vet f2p gamer. I hope this game is pay per month hopefully 10$ per month, and in so sayin if you pay per month then you should not have an item mall in there or else the game has a double standard and will be frowned upon by many. In other words noone will play it after a while.

Not true, Free to play dosn't kill the game, and p2p is just as bad as free to play. I will agree on the f2p is bad but b2p is much better, look at gw2 and so, just because people don't give money monthly dosn't meen it is a bad game. And i doubt the part where you say that there will be an item mall, i almost know that there are gonna be one, there is one in all games.

Most games are built to get as much money out of you as possible.

• FeruglixFeruglix Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by liva98989

Originally posted by dark3n3dsoul

Not true, Free to play dosn't kill the game, and p2p is just as bad as free to play. I will agree on the f2p is bad but b2p is much better, look at gw2 and so, just because people don't give money monthly dosn't meen it is a bad game. And i doubt the part where you say that there will be an item mall, i almost know that there are gonna be one, there is one in all games.

Most games are built to get as much money out of you as possible.

It is true that almost all games have an item mall, thought not all of them are as useful for the player as the free to play ones. If you look at the item mall in lets say wow you can buy a mount and some pets, how useful is that if we are looking to buff our characters stats (=uberness). Not much. But when we are looking at the free to play ones, there is a total different story.

Guildwars may be free to play but it cost a one time fee to actually be able to enjoy this free to play game. So you can't really compare gw with other total free to play games, where you only pay money to the game via the item mall. 

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

I hope it's B2P. That way I can have all the features, not pay monthly, and can play as casually as I want. :D

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

P2P keep the f2p trash out.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

lol it better not be F2p, had enough of that crap.  B2p, hopefully. 

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378

P2P ftw... fairness is all i care about. 

F2P with Cash shop... is the worst case scenario.

Kain_Dale

• BunkafishBunkafish Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Otomox

P2P cuts a good chunk of retards that are common in F2p game

QFT

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Originally posted by kittyvonkita

I hope it's B2P. That way I can have all the features, not pay monthly, and can play as casually as I want. :D

same here. Dont have the time to be hardcore anymore.