Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Depth Four-page 1-50 TERA Review by Steparu

SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Complete with screenshots and videos. Enjoy.

http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-rpg-reviews/594-tera-online-review

Sup.

Comments

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

the greatest game... in the history of all games..................ever

• Originally posted by Somnicide
    Complete with screenshots and videos. Enjoy.
    http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-rpg-reviews/594-tera-online-review

A fair and complete review of the game with a solid explanation of gameplay and combat system in deep, with images and videos. Steparu has do a good job here, moreover he try direct the game from 1 to 50 and try all the content. Is how reviews should be made without prejudice and with enought informations.

• elaphroselaphros Member Posts: 8

I tell ya, the more I see of Tera and Blade&Soul both, the more impressed I am with the graphics and UI tastyness, not necesarily happy with the grindy mentioned, but maybe that will change with the "westernization"

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by elaphros

I tell ya, the more I see of Tera and Blade&Soul both, the more impressed I am with the graphics and UI tastyness, not necesarily happy with the grindy mentioned, but maybe that will change with the "westernization"

She? never said it was grindy,it's just the fastest way to lvl up.

In wow you can lvl up with quests,but grinding will always be more fast and efficient.

• Originally posted by elaphros

Yes it can change in the west, he mentioned that a normal player can achieve end game in a month or so of playtime, this is a good thing and pretty far compared to the grindfest that Aion was.

Originally posted by Crynswind

In wow you can lvl up with quests,but grinding will always be more fast and efficient.

I never gave a he/she identifier... were you actually asking? I have no clue either, even after trying It's facebook page.

and I quote: "There are a lot of monsters to kill and you won't find yourself grinding or questing in the same area for more than two or three levels. But if you want to level up efficiently, it's essential you find a good grinding spot with a repeatable quest."

How this game is anything like WoW beyond it being an MMO is beyond me. If you're saying that the best way to level in WoW was to grind (emphasis on WAS), I could not give less of a @$()$@&;. Not all games are built on the grind.

Why do people have to start crap where it doesn't exist? Thank you, have a nice day.

Originally posted by Crynswind

I never gave a he/she identifier... were you actually asking? I have no clue either, even after trying It's facebook page.

and I quote: "There are a lot of monsters to kill and you won't find yourself grinding or questing in the same area for more than two or three levels. But if you want to level up efficiently, it's essential you find a good grinding spot with a repeatable quest."

How this game is anything like WoW beyond it being an MMO is beyond me. If you're saying that the best way to level in WoW was to grind (emphasis on WAS), I could not give less of a @$()$@&;. Not all games are built on the grind.

Why do people have to start crap where it doesn't exist? Thank you, have a nice day.

Wow,where does that come from.

I never started anything,and yes i was asking if she is a woman.

As i said,in Tera you can lvl up with quest until max level,just like in wow (this part of the message was for the trolls that spit crap like "asian grinder").

Exactly,she said the best way to lvl up is doing repeatable quests or grinding,she never said it was the only way.

BTW i never said that grinding was better than questing or something like that,clam down.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Everyone i have seen playing this game be it streams or youtube videos all of them play the really girly  race. Is there an advantage to playing these girly races or do alot of people just like them. i watched 3 different live streams and all of them were playing a female character that resembled a 12 year old girl. dont get me wrong i love tera but i just dont get why someone would play a girl in a pink dress. lol

• Originally posted by elaphros

Well, considering that a normal player can reach end game in a month or so and in the west the curve will be more fast with tons of more quest (only for the west market), i guess is hard that anybody can mark this game as grind like Aion. Also in wow you leveling up through quest, Tera will be the same, all the quest will cover all the levels till the cap, so you can't go out of quest.

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Everyone i have seen playing this game be it streams or youtube videos all of them play the really girly  race. Is there an advantage to playing these girly races or do alot of people just like them. i watched 3 different live streams and all of them were playing a female character that resembled a 12 year old girl. dont get me wrong i love tera but i just dont get why someone would play a girl in a pink dress. lol

Why are Moe animes so successful?

People love to watch and play with cute characters,it's that simple xD.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by kdchan

Everyone i have seen playing this game be it streams or youtube videos all of them play the really girly race.

Why you care what other players do and play? It's called freedom and their choice, amirite?

Originally posted by Kalsifer

Pass, just an Aion 2.0, same asian crap

{Mod Edit}

I dont really care what people play i was just trying to find a live stream where someone might of been playing one of the races i liked the look of.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

This is a well documented review. Thank you for posting it. I am extremely interested in this game.

• Originally posted by nerovipus32I dont really care what people play i was just trying to find a live stream where someone might of been playing one of the races i liked the look of.

Just google it and type Tera + the race you like and you can find what you are looking for, infos and so on. Is not so difficult if you really want. Meh.

Wow,where does that come from.

Sorry, musta had my angry mode on  o.O

@nervopius - They're called Loli characters (note what I think is the guild name in 2nd video at 5:22) , some people just think it's fun to play a lil girl and kick some ass, some are sicko's lookin at their butts the whole game.  I prefer to be the perv lookin at the adult female butts, cuz I like the curves :) Besides, I feel kinda weird staring at a dude's ass for a thousand hours of gameplay.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Thanks for the detailed review. Glad to hear that TERA is a very user friendly game and that it is really easy to pick up. It seems you can have fun from the get go with the combat system. It’s nice to hear you will have enough quests to level up if that is your cup of tea or grind mobs for efficiency or mix both of them up. I like that the storyline missions can be challenging and I hope the story behind those missions pans out well with nifty cut scenes and interesting dialogue and lore. I think it is awesome that they barely recycle monsters so you don't feel you are killing the same tiny squirrel or the same tiny beetle for 50 levels. Wait a second... wrong game.

I was going to pick Sorcerer or Berserker as my first main, so I am glad to hear they are the best damage dealers. I might choose priest as my second main since I always liked to play healer as well as hearing it's a challenging job to master here. The Glyph system seems interesting; it sort of reminds me of the merit system from FFXI. I really like the look and sound of TERA so far so that is a plus and the monsters actually look menacing... unlike the adorable squirrel and beetle. Good to hear some of the endgame content is challenging. I am very happy that this does not fit into the typical "Asian Grinder" that most people think of when they talk about Korean games (leveling jobs in this case, which seems to be very alt-friendly).

• Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmorI was going to pick Sorcerer or Berserker as my first main, so I am glad to hear they are the best damage dealers. I might choose priest as my second main since I always liked to play healer as well as hearing it's a challenging job to master here. The Glyph system seems interesting; it sort of reminds me of the merit system from FFXI. I really like the look and sound of TERA so far so that is a plus and the monsters actually look menacing... unlike the adorable squirrel and beetle. Good to hear some of the endgame content is challenging. I am very happy that this does not fit into the typical "Asian Grinder" that most people think of when they talk about Korean games (leveling jobs in this case, which seems to be very alt-friendly).

Indeed, Tera is not the next aion grinderfest fortunately, just ignore the random trolls and asian haters.
    If you read Terafans a lot of people that play in K-Tera already reach the cap. A casual player i guess need like a month to achieve the same, so i can't call this game a grind expecially because the west version will have more quest to keep you less bored. With the 7 races and unlocked classes for a max of 56 combinations there will be so much choice for every taste.
    In the interview the only thing a bit too easy is crafting but in every game crafting is a timesink.

Tera is how Aion should have been since beginning, Tera is the true next-gen asian mmo with B&S and GW2.