Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Beta 6: Problems playing?

AkechtaAkechta Member Posts: 219

So yeah... As I have a VIP Key, I get invitations to every beta. This Beta, Beta 6, will be the first Beta I participate in. I have downloaded the patcher and the client, and after using up 1 of my 3 playdays  I was finally able to actually launch the game!... With little success afterwards. The game launches jsut fine, there's the whole startup thing just like it should be, the one advertising Trionworlds and all, but when I finally get to the game itself... I have had a bit of trouble. 

When the game finishes launching a screen comes up with the title 'Shard Select'. Both options for this screen (Select, Cancel) are grayed out (You can not click them). There are several options right at the bottom of the screen (Quit, Delete, Settings, Shard, Create and Play). Quit and Settings can be clicked on. All other options are grayed out.

So with 2 more days to play, this little piggy is very annoyed. If you know what the problem is, I beg you to tell me how to fix it. I've run the patcher, rebooted my computer several times, and I'm still combing MMORPG.com and Riftgame.com for any clue as to what is going on... And I'm not finding anything.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP :)

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

The problem is that the beta starts in exactly 8 hours and 15 minutes from now. That's why you don't see any servers up in that list.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

LOL the event does not start until 10 AM PST, its not open yet. I know your pain Im sitting here wanting to play right now too.

• AkechtaAkechta Member Posts: 219

Really? Maybe my mate got his times wrong. I'm terrible at math, but I guess he is too. He worked out that the server has been UP for about 6 hours.

• Omega431Omega431 Member UncommonPosts: 92

^^ what they said :)

Not to mention you have alittle more than 2 days left, this beta doesnt end till Monday at 10am.

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

beta didnt start yet, another 8 hours orso till it starts

• AkechtaAkechta Member Posts: 219

Anyway, if it's that long from launch I'm going to get some sleep. See ya'll later.

• LorelLorel Member UncommonPosts: 45

Beta starts at 10 AM PST  on the 4th of February http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc us that to find out what time that is for you :D

For me that would be 6 PM tonight and I live in Iceland.

• PK4GoldPK4Gold Member UncommonPosts: 62

It clearly says on the top of the patcher the very first sentence , when it starts.

RTFM

• glommaglomma Member Posts: 209

This is also helpfull :)

http://www.riftstatus.com/

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'm in EU Whitefall if anyone is interested hehe.