Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most difficult game you've ever played

Comments

• Pro-PainPro-Pain Member Posts: 141

I was gonna say Super Mario 64, trying to get the last couple stars I need drives me crazy.  But ya Battletoads was so stupidly hard that it wasn't entertaining at all.

the struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles

• LotusBunnyLotusBunny Member UncommonPosts: 20

Demon Souls

• Either NInja Gaiden or Demons Souls

• heather001heather001 Member Posts: 16

for me the most difficult game Ninja Gaiden.....

bleehhhh....

• CouchCommandCouchCommand Member Posts: 6

Demon's Souls is pretty hard.

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

Einhander-(PS) I tried and tried and tried, very challenging, I never did beat this game

Ghouls and Ghosts(NES)- Agree with poster above.  I don't even remember getting past the first level, I was really young but it was super hard.

Double Dragon(NES)- The first one was really hard to get past the later levels, I don't think I ever did. Double Dragon 2 was easy though.

Contra(NES)- Without the 30 life code this game was really hard to beat, I don't think I did.

Games where you have to go from the beginning to end without being able to save were usually the hardest.

Demon's Souls was hard, but at least you could save and get to checkpoints.

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99

I'm currently playing Temple of Elemental Evil and I would call it bullshit hard. I have a diverse, well built party and most of the time I can't land a single hit before a character is killed. I barely manage to kill two bugbears, then six more enter the fight. Definitely recommended for masochists.

• AnnecathrineAnnecathrine Member Posts: 6

I have played and finish that i agreed it is hard but i manged to solve dont ask me how it is long time it was 1990 i played this games

ankie

• kanbay2kanbay2 Member Posts: 31

Paper mario froe the N64.

All the new games focus online and are repetative.The offline stuff is easy. Now MMOs have to have a good varity for me to enjoy over a long time. I play WOW for a month, Maplestory frow about 1/2 of month, runescape for 4 months, and APB from beta to the last day. The games today are getting easier. The SNES was the hardest system I played. N64's had few harder games. Gamecube, Xbox, and PS 1 & 2 were insanely easy. I beat 5 in two days(had the flu). Now with online games the offline is usually beatable use 1 hand. No joke! I beat Fable 2 & 3, Starwars the force unleash 2, and Super Smash Bros Brawl with one hand. I sat the controler on the floor and use my 4 fingers to play, I was even watching TV with more attention.

The developers need to look at BOTH online and offline to make a good game. When I lost internet I just sold my games when a beat them. I beat them a week at most. This went on for 6 months before I got internet back( making me wait that long was verison)!

So who agrees we need harder games and balenced online and offline modes?

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Most difficult MMORPG: Darkfall

Most difficult MMORPG to learn: EVE

Most difficult Genesis game: Insector X or Silver Surfer (neither worth playing)

Most difficult Genesis game worth playing: Might and Magic II or III (without cheats)

Most difficult NES game: Top Gun or Back to the Future (neither worth playing)

Most difficult NES game worth playing: Ultima: Exodus (without cheats)

Most difficult Atari game: ET (wasn't sure how to play)

Most difficult Atari game worth playing: Caverns of Khafka or Blue Max (the originals for Atari 800)

Most difficult PS game worth playing: most difficult setting in Risk is the only hard PS game that I tried over and over again while still having fun.

Most difficult solo-PC game I am currently playing: Mount and Blade: Warband with the hardest settings (save whenever quitting and most difficult possible).

Just a few from the top of my head . ....

: )

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• dretraphdretraph Member Posts: 20

The most difficult game that i played was Monster Hunter. For starters it really very hard, with a low type of weapons and armors you can hardly kill this monsters. The game starts with small rex type of monster when you get to more upper quest damn the monster keeps getting hard and the size from small to huge. The game is composed of different quest from gathering of different materials for armor and weapon crafting and monster killing. The thing is you have to do it over and over again to craft the strong weapon and armor. What I fear the most is tha large monsters you have to kill and sometimes they can kill you in one hit.

• Hawks5Hawks5 Member Posts: 2

For me there is no such thing as hard. Why because if you really want the game you can easily enjoy it even it is hard for others. Just have fun with the game and the game will sooner be easier. If you will reclaimed that it is hard maybe you are bored and maybe you cannot have the items that are rare and good in that kind of game

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by Hawks5

For me there is no such thing as hard. Why because if you really want the game you can easily enjoy it even it is hard for others. Just have fun with the game and the game will sooner be easier. If you will reclaimed that it is hard maybe you are bored and maybe you cannot have the items that are rare and good in that kind of game

go play battletoads and lets see if you end up coming back here spouting that same bullshit.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

I Wanna to be That Guy (IWBTG)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvL3Vxn1g-8

/end thread

• BlakersBlakers Member Posts: 4

SUPER MARIO.. hehehe...

• Lomi69Lomi69 Member Posts: 5

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS. shoot even now I can't  defeat KING Kuppa. it's to hard even you have hundred lives i  can't finish the game. help me please

• Lomi69Lomi69 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Blakers

SUPER MARIO.. hehehe...

Hey Blakers were the same. haha. that Super mario was really hard.

• aargeht10aargeht10 Member Posts: 7

most difficult game? solomon's key! hahaha, classic game but really hard.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Since 2009 i have instaled The Void it´s a "survival" game where color is EVERYTHING. At first glance seems just a pathetic point and click draw random shit on the screen, but when you cant figure what to do things get really messy. Looking around the internet it seems a consensus that u have to restart the game about 5 times (at minimun) to grasp all that must be done in order to survive. i must be at my 8th, i predent to finish this game at the end of this year, but since i dont remeber with save is the best i may have to restart all over =x.

Plus the game has some dark atmosphere and some of the wickest screnarios i´ve seen.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• DrumsDrums Member Posts: 32

Gauntlet for the NES.  Been playing it for nearly 20 years.  Had a power outage in 1998, I was pretty angry, but I started again.  On pause right now at level 839,332.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Lomi69

Originally posted by Blakers

SUPER MARIO.. hehehe...

Hey Blakers were the same. haha. that Super mario was really hard.

Not really. There was a huge number of really difficult games for the NES, but the original Mario Bros. wasn't one of them. Much more difficult were games like Zelda 1/2, Blaster Master, Castlevania, any of the shooters, and more.

<3

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by viadi

one word : marriage you cant spell it without useing the word RAGE

The difficulty level was raised exponentially at the moment you considered it a game. That was your first error making all following errors part of an irreversable plunge of doom.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Jo3yGJo3yG Member Posts: 5

For me the most hardest game that make me want to throw the controller is Ninja Gaiden on NES, very fun also very frustrating game.

• gebon524gebon524 Member Posts: 11

i really had a hard time finishing alien shooter 2 because of the mobs. the early stage levels are quite easy, but some of the final stages are really hard to beat.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Hard to judge some single player games as they have difficulty levels. At a certain level, Civ IV becomes the most difficult game I've ever played. Also, Jedi Knight: Outcast caused me no end of frustration.

I've never found any MMO to be what I'd call difficult. Poorly designed gameplay touted as difficult but really just tedious? Sure, that game I've played several times.