Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSO:Blue Burst NA open beta

JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

http://psobb.com/gameinfo/openbeta.php

May 10:th starts english open beta, so who else is looking forward to it?

Comments

• FraekFraek Member Posts: 249

Looks exciting. Didn't know they were making a Phantasy Star Online for PC.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by JelloB2000

May 10:th starts english open beta, so who else is looking forward to it?

newbie mention this 2 days ago, i bet it's in the 2 or 3 page of the General Discussion image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• BlizzagenBlizzagen Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    Originally posted by JelloB2000
    May 10:th starts english open beta, so who else is looking forward to it?newbie mention this 2 days ago, i bet it's in the 2 or 3 page of the General Discussion image

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/39168/setstart/1/loadclass/35

Page 3, nice guess ::::39::

• ArKaneArKane Member UncommonPosts: 54

Hmm...never heard of this one...anyone know when it goes pay to play, approximately? If the beat is gonna be too short i might pass.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    hello, ummm is this supposed to be the original PSO cause it looks just like it, hardly any imporvement, and if ther trying to say its new , lol, again looks just like the PSO i played years ago and it was online as well, ridiculous that they bring the exact same game to us. 
  • OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Yeah, it kind of seems like the same thing just online. It does say it is an open beta though so I guess there will be no harm in trying it out. Plus it's not such a huge title like WOW or Guild Wars so there hopefully not be as much lag or crashes during the opening days. However, the site doesn't give a whole lot of info about what the game will be like so I haven’t a clue if I’ll even like it.

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by salenger
    hello, ummm is this supposed to be the original PSO cause it looks just like it, hardly any imporvement, and if ther trying to say its new , lol, again looks just like the PSO i played years ago and it was online as well, ridiculous that they bring the exact same game to us.

PSO: Blue Burst is old PSO with alot more items & quests, they also added Guilds (called teams). The graphic engine is the same but with higher textures I think, so yes its essentially the same game.
    (Server side storage only to prevent cheating, Sega had one PSO version to the pc that wasnt released outside of asia, so this one is the first official one for english pc:s).

Phantasy Star Universe is the "new" game, is suppose to be more like a traditional mmorpg Feb/March 2006 is current realese PC & PS2 only, GameCube gets some other unknown title. (PSU is also online only but has a single player rpg portion).

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307
    I'm definately looking for this, I suppose it doesn't appeal to alot of people, but it's just kind of a nostalgia thing for me. It's actually gonna have GM's, and updated graphics. And yeah quests items.
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by salenger

I think this guy is another one of those people who look instead of read.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• bwl2bwl2 Member Posts: 39
    Im a long time Phatasy Star online Fan and I cant wait imageimage
  • bwl2bwl2 Member Posts: 39
    As for me im going to be a magic swordman HUmar. Doubled up with my old standby Delsaber's saber and sheild Im unstopable image. But if this version does not cover that kind of activity than by all means... Ill find somethen else image
  • terstaxterstax Member Posts: 353

Originally posted by bwl2
    As for me im going to be a magic swordman HUmar. Doubled up with my old standby Delsaber's saber and sheild Im unstopable image. But if this version does not cover that kind of activity than by all means... Ill find somethen else image

As for me, I'm going with my S Beat's Blades. Those things owned in close combat. I also hope they somehow limited the spread needle. That weapon ruined the game.

• TravisL742TravisL742 Member Posts: 2

Looks interesting, I might try it.

• Jer0nim0Jer0nim0 Member Posts: 38

so if it is open beta 10/5

why can't I download it yet?

---Playing_ryl---

It is good but unknown =)

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

Originally posted by Jer0nim0
    so if it is open beta 10/5

why can't I download it yet?

You can go download it from Fileplanet. I had a lot of troubles connecting to the PSO servers though, I guess they are getting overloaded.

• Smigge87Smigge87 Member Posts: 9

I've had trouble connecting to the download client, there must be a lot of people trying to DL it. Other than that this is my third time trying to DL it because it says it's done after 45Mb and when I try to open it it says the file is currupt, but that was using firefox's downloader, now I'm trying windows but can't get it to start, I think they're full right now... meh... I still can't wait to play

I died once, it hurt like hell.

• ainorweiainorwei Member Posts: 8

looks good, might give it a try:D

• t3cct3cc Member Posts: 4

I've played it 4 days. Makes fun, but there's not much to discover.
    Rather action than rpg

• DedekoDedeko Member Posts: 67

its very much action. It is still BETA, and you really cant stress that enough. Most players max out right now in the 30s level wise.

Cool thing, you get to KEEP your characters that you create during the beta phase.
    I really dont like the setup of it. It really reminds me of a shiny diablo. You join a main server, then branch off to a 1-4 person party and go smite stuff to do the quests.
    I believe only episode 1 and 2 are available to play, but dont quote me on it, im just in episode 1.

I am just playin this game cause i am a fan of the original sega series, and wanted to see how its evolved since then

=====Dedeko