Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIFT?!

XciserXciser Member UncommonPosts: 102

Is it just me or am I the only one that is going to miss all this Rift hype and not play.   I played beta the game is bad and yet its all over everything....  I'm so confused with mmo gamers these days.

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by matf91

Is it just me or am I the only one that is going to miss all this Rift hype and not play.   I played beta the game is bad and yet its all over everything....  I'm so confused with mmo gamers these days.

People are desperately looking for a solid alternative to World of Warcraft.

• JathJath Member Posts: 45

It may be bad in your opinion, but in others it's pretty good. As the other poster said too, a lot of people are trying to find an alternative to WoW, even if it is pretty similar. Pretty much the "As long as it's not WoW, it's good." theory.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Everyones excited about new trainers when they get them, they clean them more and look after them.. but eventually they realise they just do that same thing and stop caring about them as much.

..could be the case with Rift. Its just something new, I wasn't going to play it but ive preordered it now.. just because I need summat new.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TullyxoxTullyxox Member Posts: 45

Of all the games that have come out the last two years you must have antother word on how bad they are/were.  This game to me is fun, and you have the chance to build on something new.  Just mho.

Good luck in all you do. 

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

You played the game in BETA and placed your judgement on an incomplete game. Did you even get out of the starter zone? If it's so bad, what's so bad about it? It's a pretty bland statement to make.

• Its hard to be serious when you write this, come on, just because people have different opinions and like something you don't you are confused and by the sounds of it slightly annoyed? Cheer up lad such an unecessary thread. I rather liked the beta, buuut its not exactly what I'm looking for atm. 

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by Crispin
    Its hard to be serious when you write this, come on, just because people have different opinions and like something you don't you are confused and by the sounds of it slightly annoyed? Cheer up lad such an unecessary thread. I rather liked the beta, buuut its not exactly what I'm looking for atm. 

Yeah i'm with you. It's a solid game. Polished and looking real good but it's not really for me. I've contemplated buying it but i think i'll be playing the EQ progression server on 2/15/11 instead. It's more the style of game that i prefer.

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123

I played beta and loved it. But i'm still not buying this game. Though realy good game, it is quite generic, and when i play it, i have a feeling i've seen it all years ago. It's just like when you drink Coca cola and Pepsi. Though there are differences and both taste good it is still the same drink. I want an orange juice god damit :D.

Maybe i'll buy it sometime in the future, but not at release. I'll wait and see how it develops, and how will game look 3 or 6 months after release. Or i'll wait for the game to get a bit cheaper.

I'm sure this game will be very popular, and trion did a very good job. But if we see this game fail, that will be a sign for MMO developers, that people had enough of generic games. But Rift to fail i think it is a very small chance.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

12 million people play WoW, or so Blizzard says. This game has everything that WoW has, plus more. So for me, upgrading from WoW to this is a no-brainer. Not to mention it's new, new content, new dungeons, new raids. Spend 40 on this or the next WoW expac that introduces 2 weeks worth of content?

• sydricsydric Member Posts: 45

you dont play a beta you test it.

nice troll attempt though

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by sydric

although I don't agree with the OP I really don't agree with your comment there. People take betas as demos and even Trion knows that. Its a great opportunity to sell your game and they know it. "Testing" a beta is a bit overrated imo.

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437

It could very well mean the end of the world if you don't like this game. Puhleeeease try it again.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

Originally posted by sydric

Most of the real testing was done before the Beta events started back in December. Quite a few of the older members participated in the Alpha stage testing, where a lot of the debugging is done.

However, while beta is basically a free trial for most, there are still some glitches and bugs that need to be fixed, along with feature improvements.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Is it just me or am I the only one that is going to miss all this Rift Hate when  I play on Feb 24th.   I played beta,  the game is Awesome and yet its Getting hated on....  I'm so confused with mmo gamers these days.

Fixed!

Different strokes for different folks.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• ViewDooViewDoo Member Posts: 268

It's just you. I like Rift. I won't miss the hype and you people who post in, and follow MMO forums for games you DON'T LIKE and  WON'T PLAY are the ones that confuse the hell outta me.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by ViewDoo

It's just you. I like Rift. I won't miss the hype and you people who post in, and follow MMO forums for games you DON'T LIKE and  WON'T PLAY are the ones that confuse the hell outta me.

QFT

I am perpetually amazed at how many morons will post endlessly about games they dislike, have no interest in playing, yet they read forums, follow every detail, and seem devoted to it, perhaps more than folks who actually *plan* on playing the damn game. 

Hate the hype and the forum posts. Easy fix, don't read the damn things /rolleyes

Leave the forum bandwidth for people who actually like the game or at the very least, have constructive criticism.