Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE User Manual - ISK 3.0

KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

Must have for new players, enjoy.
http://www.isktheguide.com/

Comments

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

Don't buy this nonsense. I can't tell you how many easy ways there are to make isk, but buying this book isn't going to tell you much. If you need money, run some missions. Play the market a bit...buy low/sell high. Manufacture some ammo and place it in large mission hubs. Get friendly with some research agents and do some datacore farming.

At the end of the day, ask your corpmates. Don't let paypal take your money for some bullcrap like this. Maybe the guide has some useful tips, maybe not. If you get with some people that actually play the game, you won't need it.

Then again, per P.T. Barnum, "A sucker is born every minute."

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• ZharZhar Member UncommonPosts: 58

You could pay for this, or you could go on the forums and get answers for free...

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I endorse everything CactusJack has said in this thread. 

• shaunathanshaunathan Member Posts: 73

You guys must all be Grade-A Morons.

I actually read the entire page rather than performing a glance-and-flame.

At the bottom you can click which format you want, I clicked .zip.  

I just got the whole thing.

For free...

I believe the link said if you like it you can DONATE.

Click it, read it, sure beats the political drama of some learning corps.  If you just glanced and assumed you had to pay for the informaton... well I guess you deserve your ignorance.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by CactusJack

Hilariously true.

However in this case, the "ISK" stands for "Industrial Size Knowledgebase". It's a pity the Op didn't check the "useful links" sticky or he would have noticed that this was already posted there last year.

The ISK is amazing.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

Originally posted by Malcanis

Hilariously true.

However in this case, the "ISK" stands for "Industrial Size Knowledgebase". It's a pity the Op didn't check the "useful links" sticky or he would have noticed that this was already posted there last year.

The ISK is amazing.

Whats evening more amazing is that books is in the useful links becuase IT IS FREE.

You only donate money if you think its worth it.

The book is basicly one stop reference for the game a very proper game manual.

The ignorance on the board is by the people who cant read

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

Originally posted by Malcanis

Hilariously true.
    The ISK is amazing.

My apologies, I didn't look close enough at the sticky. The reason I posted, the 3.0 guide is suppose to be online some time today I believe.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

There are two versions of the ISK book, the free version and the one you pay for which has a bit more info.

CCP and the author who made this book announced this late December 2010.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

I may have gotten this book wrong from the start. My impression is that it is a game guide, not a make a gazillion of ISK guide.

Most often I'm intruiged by this kind of books, reading about details about the game and so on. Never bougth one myself, but a friend have a book with evemaps and some tips in it, and a book for WoW, found them interesting enough to sip through.

I feel they really chosed a bad name for this. (Or perhaps it is a make a gazillion ISK book.)

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Orphes

I may have gotten this book wrong from the start. My impression is that it is a game guide, not a make a gazillion of ISK guide.

Most often I'm intruiged by this kind of books, reading about details about the game and so on. Never bougth one myself, but a friend have a book with evemaps and some tips in it, and a book for WoW, found them interesting enough to sip through.

I feel they really chosed a bad name for this. (Or perhaps it is a make a gazillion ISK book.)

It's a game guide. Massive. Free.

Download and enjoy. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Darkor_hXcDarkor_hXc Member UncommonPosts: 209

Originally posted by shaunathan

For free...

Click it, read it, sure beats the political drama of some learning corps.  If you just glanced and assumed you had to pay for the informaton... well I guess you deserve your ignorance.

I totally agree with you, what I saw first was this guys talking shit about the guide and I was like...this is free lol.

Anyways it's a great guide for begginers and veterans too, since Eve is just...HUGE

I have only browsed the 3.0 guide but it doesn't look like they updated their PI information on the new ECU's. Minor complaint considering everything else this guide includes.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

the eye candy on this pdf is over 9000

BestSigEver :P

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

For free...

i agree with this guy, the page is very nicely done, and I'm downloading as we speak. They're not making you pay up front, but it even says "do you like it? donate!".

I swear, people on this forums are a bunch of critical shit heads, including myself at some time.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

For free...

i agree with this guy, the page is very nicely done, and I'm downloading as we speak. They're not making you pay up front, but it even says "do you like it? donate!".

I swear, people on this forums are a bunch of critical shit heads, including myself at some time.

True. That is quite an expansive guide at that!

Keep on rockin'!image

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361
    Any word on when they're selling phyisical copies? I know they had it planned but haven't heard anything lately.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

According to the publisher, EON, they will make the announcement on the their site and most likely on the main EVE site.
    EON - ISK Guide Page:
    http://eonmagazine.net/eon-presents/isk/

• wiredknightswiredknights Member Posts: 56

I award CactusJack the Golden Turd Award.. because even though it's made out of pure gold.. it's still a turd! Grats!

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

@wiredknights

I humbly accept your award. I appreciate all the accolades that come with the Golden Turd Award. It will be proudly displayed with my "Lo-Sec Griefer" and "Gatecamping for 16 hours straight" award. I would like to thank God, my agent and my corpmates for supporting me through all of these terrific awards.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general