Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Mortal Online have a North America server ?

TyranixTyranix Member Posts: 104

That was one of the main reasons I never bought the game after open beta. Does anyone have news if there is one or do they plan one in the future ? I can't find anything on the site

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

I thought this game only had a single server?

Steam: Neph

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Negative.  They only have one server and there are no plans to add any more in the near future as their CEO claims this server can handle up to 27,000 simultaneous users but the current population is frequently quoted as being in the hundreds.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TyranixTyranix Member Posts: 104

Well cancel that idea. I though they had plans for a NA server.

• GaraPGaraP Member Posts: 10

Why does not-having a NA server stop you from trying it?

Looking for new sig...

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Negative.  They only have one server and there are no plans to add any more in the near future as their CEO claims this server can handle up to 27,000 simultaneous users but the current population is frequently quoted as being in the hundreds.

When I first read the 27,000 simultanious users I almost fell out of my chair. This is the most blatent lie a MMO CEO has ever stated its so funny in fact, its actully sad.

• Pimpin-SmurfPimpin-Smurf Member Posts: 17

I can confirm that they cannot have over 1000 connections. In theory the server software should be able to host 27k but that would never happen. Id be amazed if the server could host 500 at the current time. The server crashes at minimum 8 times per day right now. That will vary depending on player base and patches. The server never has been stable, server crashes are a part of MO life.

The server does need to be moved to NA where the majority of their player base is. Them fighting that fact is whats causing the most of the problems they face today in the game. It is the entire reason they are trying a prediction system that has people swimming thru the air and riding 5 horses at once sideways. Right now their system is such that if you see someone die on your screen by killing them then they die no matter if their ping was better and they had already killed you.

This allows for an endless amount of expliots and people freezing time etc while wiping out multiple people. Im afraid if they do not make the decision to move the server they will at some point simply run out of money and go bankrupt.

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

release day there was at least 100 people or more in one city and it ran fine on my computer. i think it dropped like 2 frames with 100+ on screen.

think about how many cities there are, with 100 people in them, then all the people already spread around, its easly over 500- maybe 1200 easily.

also you can look at this video which was in beta, so smurf is lying.

I had 85 plus people in my guild, 2 months into mortal online, if thats true, then my guild alone was 1/5 of the server.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by ange10

release day there was at least 100 people or more in one city and it ran fine on my computer. i think it dropped like 2 frames with 100+ on screen.

How did it manage to run fine on your computer, yet when I played on release day the server was crashing every few minutes and every single one of my guild was freezing, lagging, CTD, and kicked by server - along with everyone else we met.

Are you sure you played on release day and not a few weeks later when it had settled into it's (still) usual routine of crashing only 3 or 4 times a day?

• shogunoneshogunone Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Betel

How did it manage to run fine on your computer, yet when I played on release day the server was crashing every few minutes and every single one of my guild was freezing, lagging, CTD, and kicked by server - along with everyone else we met.

Are you sure you played on release day and not a few weeks later when it had settled into it's (still) usual routine of crashing only 3 or 4 times a day?

Exactly I do not know what game he was playing and claiming it was MO.  I remember the first couple weeks it crashed at least 1 - 2 times an hour and at night time when the devs went home the NA players were screwd because there was no one to boot it back on.  That is why there were threads started about the PLEASE GIVE US 24/7 SUPPORT!!!!

Also if you can remember they released right before the weekend and then left for the weekend which left us a shit ton of downtime.

• Pimpin-SmurfPimpin-Smurf Member Posts: 17

also you can look at this video which was in beta, so smurf is lying.

I have a current sub to the game youre the one thats lying if you arent seeing what Im seeing. I have no need to come here and make anything up. I play the game its just in a horrible state. I will play the game until the company goes bankrupt but I will tell the truth unlike yourself.

The game is much worse then it was in beta. You showing beta videos makes you look like a fool. Obviously you dont have a current sub.