Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I <3 Tengu's

WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

...and their near invincible tanking capabilities that let you do fleet content solo. That is all.

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Yeah they're pretty sweet. Did you just do a plex?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

I like blowing them up :)

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Meh i like Domis! Gallente ftw

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Meh i like Domis! Gallente ftw

Wait until you do a sleeper site or participate in an Incursion and face AI smart enough to target your drones =)

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Tell us your fitting or it didnt happen :P

• wardog250wardog250 Member Posts: 249

Ha ha, I've been hearing a lot about how they are OP.  Kinda makes me want to try one; but, me likes me battleship too much.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo Galilei

Suppose it depends what your doing.  for mission farming I like my Navi Domi :D   Of course t2 Sentries do make it easy tho =]

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by wardog250

Ha ha, I've been hearing a lot about how they are OP.  Kinda makes me want to try one; but, me likes me battleship too much.

Yeah, they are "OP" in a way. But like everything in EVE, it all balances out in the end. When you fly a 1.5 billion ISK ship, there is always the risk you're going to lose it. You cannot insure for losses as much with a T3 or T2 as with a T1. On top of that, losing a T3 also makes you lose SP as one of your subsystem skills drops down a lvl.

Why Incursions has been so crazy, all those people bringing out T3 ships expecting to bulldoze some Sansha got a rude awakening. I haven't risked mine yet, rather master the sites with something more 'expendable'. My corp has been doing pretty well even with our mostly T1 gangs, course we cut our teeth on sleepers long before Kuvakei came back to New Eden so we're more familiar with the advanced AI and their unorthodox tactics; something lots of players are learning the hardway after years of afking against kspace rats.

• wardog250wardog250 Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Wycliffe

Originally posted by wardog250

Yeah, they are "OP" in a way. But like everything in EVE, it all balances out in the end. When you fly a 1.5 billion ISK ship, there is always the risk you're going to lose it. You cannot insure for losses as much with a T3 or T2 as with a T1. On top of that, losing a T3 also makes you lose SP as one of your subsystem skills drops down a lvl.

Why Incursions has been so crazy, all those people bringing out T3 ships expecting to bulldoze some Sansha got a rude awakening. I haven't risked mine yet, rather master the sites with something more 'expendable'. My corp has been doing pretty well even with our mostly T1 gangs, course we cut our teeth on sleepers long before Kuvakei came back to New Eden so we're more familiar with the advanced AI and their unorthodox tactics; something lots of players are learning the hardway after years of afking against kspace rats.

Dang, you guys sound squared away.  I haven't been in a corp in a long time.  I had been away from the game for awhile; when I came back everyone I knew had split.  Been basically relearning the game as I go; things are going much smoother this time around.  Having better luck at finding guides and such around the web to keep me in check.  I have yet to try my luck at any Sansha's though; due to all the bad things I've been hearing about the Incursion Pugs I'm not sure I want to try outside of being involved with a corp.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo Galilei

I think most 'Incursion' Pug's will themselves realise that its better being in a corp of people that you can rely on.

I can see various corps forming just for this purpose, or at the very least.. "PvE corps" will become more popular.

• SacreBleuSacreBleu Member Posts: 10

Actually, unless you did a passive tank on a Tengu, they're pretty easy to combat if you have a fleet of about three - five tactical members, granted you'd lose a ship in the process.

It takes about two HACs or even ASs to destroy a Tengu, just mount a medium neut, and watch the fireworks ensue, the Tengu is probably the best tanked ship in PvE combat, but in PvP combat a small strike force of 4 ships with neuts can totally demolish your Tengu in a few minutes.

Not sure I can see a Tengu going out on his own to pvp, lol.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by sadeyx

I almost went PVPing with mine but two jumps before my destination (Old man Star) I started actually thinking how many fully-fit rifters I could lose in combat for the same amount of money as losing one Tengu. The decision to turn around and head back was quickly made, especially when considering my less than stellar PvP track record in EVE. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Yea, you would at least use a scout! and even WITh a scout or several you would have safe spot book marks about the place, know exactly your target and know exactly what ships were in the nearby systems.

Its all very think saying that x,y,z ships could easily kill a Tengu, but its just a fantasy.  A dream situation thats someone has conjured up in his imagination.

I mean, I'm no fighter in real life, but I could defeat a tripple world champion martial arts expert, if he was drugged, blind folded, tied up and in a dark alley naked . LOL

• OldBikerOldBiker Member Posts: 75

I mean, I'm no fighter in real life, but I could defeat a tripple world champion martial arts expert, if he was drugged, blind folded, tied up and in a dark alley naked . LOL

Yet how many times have you seen players demand a developer make such a scenario balanced?  :P

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I almost went PVPing with mine but two jumps before my destination (Old man Star) I started actually thinking how many fully-fit rifters I could lose in combat for the same amount of money as losing one Tengu. The decision to turn around and head back was quickly made, especially when considering my less than stellar PvP track record in EVE. 

Old Man Star.. Near where i call home.. Have fought a few very hardcore pvp'ers from that system.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by SacreBleu

Actually, unless you did a passive tank on a Tengu, they're pretty easy to combat if you have a fleet of about three - five tactical members, granted you'd lose a ship in the process.

It takes about two HACs or even ASs to destroy a Tengu, just mount a medium neut, and watch the fireworks ensue, the Tengu is probably the best tanked ship in PvE combat, but in PvP combat a small strike force of 4 ships with neuts can totally demolish your Tengu in a few minutes.

True that.

Keep on rockin'!image