Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

And odds are good that 48 of those titles will utterly suck and not be worthy of mention on these forums. (which might be a good thing actually)

One could argue this clearly demonstrates that there is a potential oversaturation of the MMORPG market.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EyrothathEyrothath Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by Robokapp

counter strike online?

Anyway, how many of the 50 belong in their own section and how many belong in a WoW sub-section called "related games" ?

Almost none of them belong in the WoW "related" games..

Originally posted by Kyleran

And odds are good that 48 of those titles will utterly suck and not be worthy of mention on these forums. (which might be a good thing actually)

One could argue this clearly demonstrates that there is a potential oversaturation of the MMORPG market.

Actually, looking back on this list I have, you are 100% right, I realized most of these were browser based MMO's, a lot of them are Korean and Japanese and the websites are not even in english(probably why they are not on here), the only ones worth mentioning are the maybe the games from Webzen(which never come out), Royal Quest, Link Realms, Archeage and Link Realms.. The rest are first person shooters(MMOFPS), this website lists of MMOFPS games, but not a lot, I actually rather enjoy MMOFPS..

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

We deffinitly need an archeage forums.. its my most anticipated game!

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Kyleran

Bruhahahaha.... So true... But there's one title listed there I'd love to play - C9 (and prolly a large number of others here too). Too bad that Webzen is gonna publish it though :'(

Originally posted by EndDream

We deffinitly need an archeage forums.. its my most anticipated game!

Same here, the game totally looks badass..

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Thanks OP for the work you put into this thread. Archeage Online needs and deserves a dedicated home on this website.
  • SkillzerooSkillzeroo Member Posts: 96

Unless MMORPG.COM gets $ half of the time they aren't even listed in "popular game forums"

• lameninjalameninja Member Posts: 13

get battle knight off there those mmo's are crap

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Robokapp

counter strike online?

Anyway, how many of the 50 belong in their own section and how many belong in a WoW sub-section called "related games" ?

LooooL so hard

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Gah, Cross Fire an MMO? No.

Brink? No.

People are way too liberal with the MMOFPS title, even more so than MMO as a whole. It's really damn annoying that games where only 16-32 players are even together at once during any form of real gameplay, and the rest of the time are either in a chatroom or game hub where all their actions are disabled.

WW II online and Planetside, maybe MAG. That's all I'd presently lump into the MMOFPS title as that's the only games that achieve a playerbase with a large enough scale to actually warrant the 'massive' moniker.

Otherwise you better add Starcraft and both present Diablo games onto that list.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

WoW (sorry) that's a long list of unknowns!

• jamielikesyojamielikesyo Member Posts: 36

Like most, really haven't heard much about most these titles, but I actually really dug Taikodom. They had (have?) a small but fervent pvp community. Looked a lot like Jumpgate, up to a couple years ago not a ton of content but sure it is expanded nicely since then. 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Oh, I remember Dawntide now.  After playing about 2 hours my avatar would fall through the world unless I was standing on rocks. The solution given to me was to delete my character and start over. I deleted the game.

About 40% of those games listed require a Korean Social Security Number.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

Judging by how addicted I've been to King's Bounty ever since I bought it on Steam, now I can't wait to see how this Royal Quest game is going to shape up, considering it's from the same developers. Heck, even the graphics engine on Royal Quest looks like an improved version of the one they used in King's Bounty. Hope the folks from Katauri can deliver again!

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

Project V13 (Fallout Online) really aught to have a listing on this site.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by Vryheid

Project V13 (Fallout Online) really aught to have a listing on this site.

Why? It doesn't even have a site of its own.

Edit: My bad, site is http://www.fallout-on-line.com/

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Isn't Blue Mars just a framework, not a real game? Somewhat similar to Multiverse?

/edit/

Replaced 'engine' with 'framework'.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Beermangler

Isn't Blue Mars just a framework, not a real game? Somewhat similar to Multiverse?

/edit/

Replaced 'engine' with 'framework'.

Blue Mars is getting out of the business of virtual worlds on the PC. So it shouldn't be anywhere near this list.

http://www.metaversejournal.com/2011/01/15/the-partial-death-and-refocus-of-blue-mars/

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams