Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Tips for New Players

ZinefriZinefri Member Posts: 34

Everyone knows new FFXI players are pretty rare these days, but for any who might be checking it out here's a couple tips.  Post anymore if you have some.

-Intro Tutorial Mini-Quests: Follow all the introductory tutorial mini quests from the intro gate guard NPC.  They feel a little tedious but they reward some neat stuff to start out with including a nice reraise earring you can't get anywhere else.

-Abyssea Entrances Attract High Level Players: If you're a brand new newb starting at 1 and you'd like a backup plan in case you die you might want to try hanging out to exp near the Abyssea Cavernous Maws. You will always find several high level plalyers waiting around near them who will have no problem raising up or maybe tossing a random cure your way. If you have no idea what the Maws are they are the entrances to the new addon areas that are very popular right now 75+.  They can be found at these locations:

-Edit: Pixies Can Be Used to Heal and Raise You: Something similar to note.  Most low level places in the original FFXI zones now have Pixie and Sprite mobs that wander around on a path. They are not enemies to kill for exp or drops (although you can if you really want) instead they will cast high level healing spells on a player if their health is down to the yellow percentage of HP remaining or lower. They will even cast Raise 1, 2, or 3 on you if they come across a dead player. They don't follow you or cast often enough to be a constant power-level source, but they are nice and helpful to hang out near in case you need a little help.

Comments

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Thanks for the tips

I recently started againand decided to give it a good go this time. This time around I actually got myself a nice logitech controller, it's made the world of difference to playing FFXI. The keyboard was just suicide for me, obviously I still use the keyboard for chatting etc.

Regards

Manaia

• pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106

I also just recently returned and have to agree that the logitech controller is the way to go.  I started using it in FFXIV and now that i'm back, in ffxi as well.  Also, I'm excited about the upcoming changes in Vana'diel.