Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard confirms codename Titan

etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

heres an url: http://railgun.newz.dk/blizzard-bekraefter-kodenavnet-titan-for-naeste-mmo

its on danish, but there is a little video also :)

Quote:

Titan is... the media is not meant to know anything about that. It's our next gen MMO and we've only started talking about it in a limited fashion because we want to leverage the fact that we're working on something like that for the purpose of recruiting – getting some of the best talent in the industry on that.Frank Pearce, Blizzard

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by etlar

heres an url: http://railgun.newz.dk/blizzard-bekraefter-kodenavnet-titan-for-naeste-mmo

Quote:

Titan is... the media is not meant to know anything about that. It's our next gen MMO and we've only started talking about it in a limited fashion because we want to leverage the fact that we're working on something like that for the purpose of recruiting – getting some of the best talent in the industry on that.Frank Pearce, Blizzard

Next-gen, this term I distrust, Rift was called next-gen. And seeing how extremely conservative Blizzard Developers are regarding the base mechanics of their games, I'd say next-gen is not the correct term.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by Alot

Quote:

Next-gen, this term I distrust, Rift was called next-gen. And seeing how extremely conservative Blizzard Developers are regarding the base mechanics of their games, I'd say next-gen is not the correct term.

I agree whole-heartedly. Next-gen doesn't say anything useful and only creates pointless hype.

• lilmark_utsalilmark_utsa Member Posts: 66

Just another WOW clone.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Let´s say Blizzard is smart enough to make an MMO which does not interfere with their existing games WoW and perhaps soon Diablo3: which theme will they choose? Hmm, could it even be a Diablo World? Or Call of Duty Universe (Activision)?

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Herodes

Let´s say Blizzard is smart enough to make an MMO which does not interfere with their existing games WoW and perhaps soon Diablo3: which theme will they choose? Hmm, could it even be a Diablo World? Or Call of Duty Universe (Activision)?

No, it couldn't.

Why? well, because Blizzard has already confirmed many times that the new mmo is going to be a completely new IP, and not related to existing titles.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Herodes

Call of Guitar Herocraft Online. With Bobby Kotick in charge. Sounds lovely don't you think?

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

It will possibly be next gen in that it will be release in the next generation. There is a strong possibility that the game will sport a last gen mechanic and graphical style and below average learning curve gameplay style to cover every age range possible. That would lead us to think that all that will lead to 2 possible outcomes: mediocre game played by millions with the only excuse being Im playing with my friends, because everyone plays it, and I already wasted to much time on it Im not gonna just throw it all away. And the second outcome could be a possibly good game that attracts a certain group of players, and while it doesn't cater to a wider audience it will be succesful(just not billion dollar succesful).

If the second probability turns out correct I expect for the game to slowly turn into the first outcome thus improving the cash flow for the company. After all, we are talking about Activision. And dont defend this is Blizzard. They Are called Activision Blizzard. If one is not profitable the other comes and makes it so.

Good day.

• WepsyWepsy Member Posts: 59

(As posted by Ph4lanx from Bit-Tech forum)

Quote:

...Project Titan, which is speculated to be a sci-fi MMOFPS and a brand new IP for Blizzard.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/12/ha...soft-eyed-cas/

Quote:

Unfortunately for the folks at Ensemble working on "Titan" (the codename for the Halo MMO)...

Does anyone else see the links? Sure, it's a new IP for Blizzard, but that doesn't mean it's not from somewhere else Sci-fi, check. FPS, check. "Titan"-codename, check.

"He's no good to me dead."

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Blizzard made the biggest mistake of all. 

They didnt call it Project Titancraft.

Everyone knows that if it doesnt have craft in its name, itll fail. 

/sarcasm

o.o  but yah Im betting its a reskinned halo online! Mike B thinks so

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Castillle

o.o  but yah Im betting its a reskinned halo online! Mike B thinks so

Reskinned... Halo project?

So it's basically a District 9 MMORPG?

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

Originally posted by lilmark_utsa
    Just another WOW clone.

Ha! You called it first! ;)

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Their entire goal with titan is to not take away market share from WoW. They have said it will be completely different.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• crpngdthcrpngdth Member Posts: 54

Quote:

id really like to see you post a link to a quote where an employee of Trion calls the game next gen.  i believe this rumor got started when someone interviewing a dev from trion used the term.  i have never been able to find anm employee referring to the game as next gen.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

We aren't getting next generation until we have next generation hardware..

such as

http://www.fastcompany.com/news/2008/11/16-minority-report-g-speak.html

or

http://singularityhub.com/2010/03/07/intendix-the-brain-computer-interface-goes-commercial-video/

or

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9141180/Intel_Chips_in_brains_will_control_computers_by_2020

Frankly people toss around "next generation" way too flippant these days, therefore we are all becoming more and more cynical about anything new and " cutting edge ".

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Blizzard is pretty savvy. This ..whatever will not fight WoW. It will have to compliment WoW perhaps to draw the WoWers who are leaving back in. I wouldn't be surprised if they have in-WoW events to win stuff usable in Titan and/or bonuses for those who buy Titan after they've had a current WoW sub for 6 months or something.

Yes. Conspiracy theory 101.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by crpngdth

Quote:

id really like to see you post a link to a quote where an employee of Trion calls the game next gen.  i believe this rumor got started when someone interviewing a dev from trion used the term.  i have never been able to find anm employee referring to the game as next gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldI3ypm1gHg

"Rift is the complete next generation in online gaming" 

Says their official beta trailer.

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Originally posted by skoupidi

"Rift is the complete next generation in online gaming" 

Says their official beta trailer.

Considering the phrase "next-gen" means it's iterated and builds on the generations of MMOs before it, that is an apt description.

I don't think most forum-goers know how to use that phrase properly, nor is it much more than a hype phrase, really.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by datastrezz

still hoping Blizzard is secretly developing StarCraft Online...

they are calling this game gen since it is a shooter or are they bringing in something new in the table?

If I were you I would inject a heavy dose of skepticism into your reality if you are looking forward to Titan just because that guy called it "next-gen". It's only a marketing term and nothing good can come of it.