Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Five PTS Feb 2

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

The High Five PTS will go up on Feb 2 and the good news is that we are getting High Five Parts 1,2,3 and 4!

Patch Notes

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=212662

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

It's the news everyone's been waiting for! High Five will be available on the Public Test Server beginning February 2, 2011, and it will feature High Five parts 1, 2, 3 and 4!

PTS will last a few weeks and will offer these settings:

• First character created:

• Level 83

• 2,000,000,000 SP

• 5,000,000,000 Adena

• Please note that if you delete your level 83 "First" character, another level 83 character cannot be created.

• Any character created after the first:

• Level 40

• 100,000,000 SP

• 100,000,000 Adena

• XP/SP rate x4

• Drop/Spoil rate x4

• No XP loss upon death, except if chaotic.

• Raid boss respawn time reduced by 1/4.

• Penalty time after withdrawing from a clan is 1 minute.

For discussion about the High Five PTS, visit the forums.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Besides this and as it seems you are an avid L2 player, what would be the major improvements differences since the last xpac and the server merges?

Has it gotten worse, better? Is the economy better? Politics etc..? Do you still need buff bots?

Originally posted by rav3n2

Besides this and as it seems you are an avid L2 player, what would be the major improvements differences since the last xpac and the server merges?

Has it gotten worse, better? Is the economy better? Politics etc..? Do you still need buff bots?

Freya was the last update and it was not a good one imo. All it did was bring some much needed higher level xp spots but it completly ignored the low to mid level players which is never good. Since the sever merge the population is much better as expected and the GM interaction is at an all time high. We are always having different events now which makes me wonder why it was not this way all along. As for the economy everything is cheaper with the only stuff really costing extreme amounts of adena are the Top 80+ Gear. I am in a PVE Alliance so I dont keep up with was going on with the politics and as for buff bots I think you need one if you want to be able to log on and just go do your thing like I do. I am still playing Lineage 2 simply because there is just not anything else out there but I am really ready for my next mmo. Looking forward to Tera, Blade and Soul and Guild Wars 2 but those are still a ways away so I am going to stay with Lineage 2 for now. We do have a major update comming called Gods Of Destruction but its probaly a year away but by then I probaly wont even be playing Lineage 2 anymore but you never know. 

My main is currently lvl 78 so I would be interested in that level range, something did really caught my eye in your post, that being you said you are a PVE guild that is interesting, how does that work in the current context? Are there more instanced bosses, faster respawns, are many guilds actively pveing? Are there any new outside raid bosses or are they all crap still?

My ally is all about xping and having fun. We do not engage in PVP but if one of us is attacked by somebody we do fight back.  There are now instanced raids like Zaken, Freya and TaIt that we do often and it seems like each update is bringing more instanced Raids. At level 78 your main objective would be to try to get 2 more levels to hit 80. What class do you play and what gear do you have?

Originally posted by Mannish

My ally is all about xping and having fun. There are now instanced raids like Zaken, Freya and TaIt that we do often and it seems like each update is bringing more instanced Raids. At level 78 your main objective would be to try to get 2 more levels to hit 80. What class do you play and what gear do you have?

I play a HE, Full S-Grade havent changed gear for a while now.

If you are a 78 Archer you will be spending alot of time in the new redisigned Plains Of Lizardman. If you remember the area outside Oren where you ran through to get to Catacomb Of Apostate. They changed it to a high level place and made all the mobs weak to bow attacks. So you have a Drac Set and Drac Bow but do they have elements on them?

If you are a 78 Archer you will be spending alot of time in the new redisigned Plains Of Lizardman. If you remember the area outside Oren where you ran through to get to Catacomb Of Apostate. They changed it to a high level place and made all the mobs weak to bow attacks. So you have a Drac Set and Drac Bow but do they have elements on them?

No enchants on them whatsoever, I should also get Focus I think I can get that one on the drac bow not sure, I remember some friends talking about elemental enchants no idea how they worked tho.

Yeah I remember that area used to have a nice soundtrack when you entered it despite being quite short.

Also I read somewhere about pets being able to buff you with pretty much what you need to solo.

You will need to get Focus which raises your crit rate on your bow since critical damage is very important to archers much more than any other class in game. Adding an element like Fire, Wind, Holy, Dark and Earth improves your damage greatly and especially against a mob thats based on the opposing element of what your weapon has. For example if you have your Drac Bow with Fire Element you will do awesome damage against any mob thats Water Based but less damage on mobs that are Fire Based. 

So if you were to come back the first thing you would need to do is work on getting Focus on your Bow and farm element stones for your weapon. 

There are buff pets like Buffalo, Cougar and Kookabura. The buffalo buffs fighter buffs, the cougar does a mix of mage and melee and the Kookabura does full mage buffs. They are very useful.

You will need to get Focus which raises your crit rate on your bow since critical damage is very important to archers much more than any other class in game. Adding an element like Fire, Wind, Holy, Dark and Earth improves your damage greatly and especially against a mob thats based on the opposing element of what your weapon has. For example if you have your Drac Bow with Fire Element you will do awesome damage against any mob thats Water Based but less damage on mobs that are Fire Based. 

So if you were to come back the first thing you would need to do is work on getting Focus on your Bow and farm element stones for your weapon. 

There are buff pets like Buffalo, Cougar and Kookabura. The buffalo buffs fighter buffs, the cougar does a mix of mage and melee and the Kookabura does full mage buffs. They are very useful.

Thank a lot for the advice! I will look into possibly activating my account and playing for a while at least until TERA/GW2 are out.

Ok, let me know if you come decide to come back and I will send you a Return Key.