Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online current status of the war!!!!

ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

For all you people intreasted in the current politics of nave.

theres currently been another major war  within nave, with major events such as top alliance disbanding and AI leaving TnA

heres some video footage by a well known ascension player.

also alot of the gameplay footage is less then a month old.

here you go enjoy :D "click"

Comments

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by ange10

also alot of the gameplay footage is less then a month old.

here you go enjoy :D "click"

Wow awesome video, really showcases MO.  Whats up with people warping all over the place and the desync? 

Wasn't all the disbanding due to lost numbers/interest by the players?

I win!!! LOL@U

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

I particularly like how they are floating in midair as they run.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

I like how when the keep dies it disappears into thin air. I literally laughed out loud.

Brilliant visuals and animations indeed.

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

I like how the massive server-wide war is fought between ~30 people on the screen.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

That video footage is a great example of just how plagued with technical difficulties MO really is.

Such a shame.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Kost

That video footage is a great example of just how plagued with technical difficulties MO really is.

Such a shame.

Not sure why devoted fans think posting videos like this is a good idea. image

I win!!! LOL@U

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Nice UE 3.5 showoff. As for MO as others already said knowing what engine can do from other games it just shows the state of the game...

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by alterfenix

Nice UE 3.5 showoff. As for MO as others already said knowing what engine can do from other games it just shows the state of the game...

This has been debated before with regards to MO. A cutting-edge engine provides the tools for better looking games and more complex mechanics, but it still boils down to how well you use them. A game is only as pretty as its art assets and no amount of bump mapping or phong shading will make a game look good alone.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I have to concur... I really don't think that video would get people on the fence very excited about playing MO. Speaking for myself, I've been considering giving it a go and.. yeah... that vid just swung me more toward the "I think I'll pass" side.

For one, half the video has nothing to do with the siege. It's a bunch of people riding horses and "skating" along the ground. Then the siege part seems mostly filmed while the guy shooting it is dead... I guess? So, on top of slow, sluggish action... we have everything in black and white, with a "heat shimmer" effect over it.

The boulders being launched at the fort (which seemed rather insubstantial for a "fortified structure") were moving at snail's pace through the air. They'd have traveled 20' before hitting the ground were they real boulders of that size moving at that speed. And what's with the fort just... poof... vanishing into thin air when it's destroyed? Really?

I'm sure it was fun to be part of that whole encounter (videos seldom convey the feeling of actually being there).... but again, that was an incredibly underwhelming video and not at all a good showing for MO.

Otherwise... Thanks for posting.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Originally posted by Neoptolemus

Originally posted by alterfenix

This has been debated before with regards to MO. A cutting-edge engine provides the tools for better looking games and more complex mechanics, but it still boils down to how well you use them. A game is only as pretty as its art assets and no amount of bump mapping or phong shading will make a game look good alone.

Exactly. And just to name one thing even right at the beginning of the film how vortekses show and disappear shows that well enough to say they have no designers with guts. And that was just one example out of many in there.