Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC + Controller = Fun Times

ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

I recently bought a 360 controller to play Super Meat Boy with. I realized whilst playing DCUO, "Hey, I can use a controller here too." It's pretty awesome. When there's a UI bug or I need to use my keyboard (like for chatting, and loot in alerts), as soon as I press any keyboard button, the game's UI switches into "PC" mode. As soon as I press a controller button, it goes back into controller UI mode. Very seamless, and no setup required. Good one on ya, SOE!

Comments

• romanswinterromanswinter Member UncommonPosts: 74

I totally agree. I was just about to post something like this. I absolutely am in love using the controller. I been playing MMOs since UO and I thought I would never resisit wanting to use a keyboard and mouse but I just dont know if I can go back to playing an MMO without the controller now. Sony did an ammazing job developing the game so that skills and abilities can be used via combos and specific buttons on the controller.

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

Yeah! My brother is playing it with a controller too on his TV. Pretty funny. He can't reach his keyboard though he has to stay on teamspeak with me with a wireless headset.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Thats cool.

I like using the mouse and keyboard. :)

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

I would not use a controller myself for most computer games, but the fact that they made it so easy and seamless is wonderful. More games should do things like this. The more ways we can enjoy the game, the better. After all, if we are having fun, they are getting our money.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

I must be crazy, but I actually prefer the mouse and KB for this game. 

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

PC players using controllers rather than M&KB?

No wonder I've been doing so well in PvP.

:)

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Originally posted by astoria

PC players using controllers rather than M&KB?

No wonder I've been doing so well in PvP.

:)

Yeah, I try to use my logitech controller, but the targeting is so imprecise that I end up going back to the mouse. 

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

How do you pan the camera around when playing using a controller?

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

Originally posted by Yamota

How do you pan the camera around when playing using a controller?

I use the right thumb stick. If I want to zoom out I just reach over and use the scroll wheel on my mouse.