Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spring, when do you consider it to be spring ?

kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

So lately ive had a discussion with some americans who consider them selv to be the brighest and wisest apparently, but really can't get it into their head that spring is March, April , May, no they consider spring to be from 21-22 March till sometime in June, believe 20th something.

I mean fine, granted the americans are a inferior to most other countries when it comes to the education system since in history classes their taught about american history only, but really, are the general person really that far outside educational reach ?.

A folklore that tells you spring is from this date to this date doesnt mean its a fact, its a folklore.

So what are your thoughts ?.

Comments

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

No/very low frost chance.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

When the lambs and the daffofdils arrive.

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

I can't tell if you are trying to get into a discussion about when Spring starts, or if you a re trying to start a discussion about how the American system of education is poor.

Summer starts (Spring ends) when school lets out, and Spring starts after Feb.

-------------------------

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Originally posted by NagelFire

I can't tell if you are trying to get into a discussion about when Spring starts, or if you a re trying to start a discussion about how the American system of education is poor.

Summer starts (Spring ends) when school lets out, and Spring starts after Feb.

Its about when spring starts, not trying to troll :)

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

It's a societal convention so people won't argue about what exact day spring begins or ends on. Except for those who want to argue anyway.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I usually go by the farmers almanac.  That extremely accurate periodical published by idiotic americans in the north east.

its almost scary how accurate it is.

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

I don't really use dates. I consider it to be spring when the snow is starting to rapidly melt. Once it starts getting hot (20+ degrees C) then it's summer.  Same with fall and winter. When the leaves start falling, it's Autumn and when snow starts falling it's winter.