Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you feel responsible that you have to meet the daily quota?

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Do you feel responsible that you have to meet the daily quota when the games are set up this way?

In DCUO the way the game is set up as this: everyday you can earn about 16~tokens to buy the epic armor which costs about 800 of these tokens.

I'm referring to the PVE iconic armor. The PVP iconic is okay~ comes out to be at most 800 matches. Each round is set up to go for 20 minutes.  There is no limitation as to how many matches you want to play each day on PVP.

Does this feel work to you?

Do you enjoy this?

Comments

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

It seems more like work than adventure.

Thats is what is missing from games these days.

Although when you look at most mmo's, it is hard to see how to fit adventure into a game where everyone is the shit.

I think they should make everyone as simple as NPC's and really make you take chances with severe consequences in order to become a hero.

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by nomss

Do you feel responsible that you have to meet the daily quota when the games are set up this way?

In DCUO the way the game is set up as this: everyday you can earn about 16~tokens to buy the epic armor which costs about 800 of these tokens.

I'm referring to the PVE iconic armor. The PVP iconic is okay~ comes out to be at most 800 matches. Each round is set up to go for 20 minutes.  There is no limitation as to how many matches you want to play each day on PVP.

Do you enjoy this?

No. When a game makes me feel left behind or guilty if I don't log in to grind out honor, money, or tokens for items to make my toon viable, it just feels like Lumbergh from Office space is my Dungeon Master. At that point I kick that b*tch game to the curb and go fishing.

"Um, I'm gonna need you go ahead and raid tomorrow. So if you could be here around nine, that would be great.

(starts to walk away) Oh, oh, yea…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you raid on Sunday too. We, uh, lost some people this week and we need to sorta catch up. Thanks
    ."

F*** that!

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Tardcore

Do you enjoy this?

No. When a game makes me feel left behind or guilty if I don't log in to grind out honor, money, or tokens for items to make my toon viable, it just feels like Lumbergh from Office space is my Dungeon Master. At that point I kick that b*tch game to the curb and go fishing.

"Um, I'm gonna need you go ahead and raid tomorrow. So if you could be here around nine, that would be great.

(starts to walk away) Oh, oh, yea…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you raid on Sunday too. We, uh, lost some people this week and we need to sorta catch up. Thanks
    ."

F*** that!

I have to agree. As soon as I realized what I would have to go through in DCUO, I canceled my subscription. FFXIV is set up similarly, I think this set up will turn a lot of people off.

Does WoW do this?

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by Tardcore

Do you enjoy this?
    (starts to walk away) Oh, oh, yea…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you raid on Sunday too. We, uh, lost some people this week and we need to sorta catch up. Thanks."
    F*** that!

I have to agree. As soon as I realized what I would have to go through in DCUO, I canceled my subscription. FFXIV is set up similarly, I think this set up will turn a lot of people off.
    Does WoW do this?

pretty sure it still does. (mind you I have not played cata)

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Does WoW do this?

Yes, That's why I had to leave. I often think of going back because I quite enjoy the game but with my limited time, it just doesnt work for me.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I don't play games that have those kind of limitations or suggested ways I should play.  I'm paying good money to play a game at my own speed, the way I want.  If I choose to sit around and wittle all day long then that's what I'm going to do.  If I decide I want to go and mine ore and deforest an entire hillside then that's what I'm going to do.  No game is ever going to tell me that I need a minimum of tokens/honor/points/whatever per day to become viable.  If they do they get no more money from me.

Read my sig.  Madimorga agrees.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Do you enjoy this?

I don't enjoy that at all, which is why I almost always quit a game when I hit the level cap (and don't feel like leveling another class) and try to stay away from gear-based games entirely. Games should make you want to log in daily to see what's going on, not because you have chores to do.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

If I feel like I have to play a game every day to be successful at it, then I quit and find a different game to play.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

I shudder every time a game developer says "don't worry, we have plenty of things for you to do in our game."

I know it's not fair to lump them all in a group this way, but I'm conditioned now like Pavlov's dog.

Once upon a time....

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I don't feel responsible, I quit.

When it's daily quota required by my guild, because it's the only way to set up our times to match, then it's different thing. But no game should ask players to log in every day to feel competitive. Asking to log in every week is okay, but every day is way too much asked.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Vrika

I don't feel responsible, I quit.

When it's daily quota required by my guild, because it's the only way to set up our times to match, then it's different thing. But no game should ask players to log in every day to feel competitive. Asking to log in every week is okay, but every day is way too much asked.

Yea once a week might be ok. Everyday loging in to grind, this is not my thing.

So DCUO and FFXIV do this. What other games do this? Are they successful?