Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I / How would I build this character in Rift?

GameMonger71GameMonger71 Member UncommonPosts: 122

I am looking at primarily PvE focus with some PvP thrown in for fun.  I was wondering if it was possible to build an effective character that has decent ranged capabilty with a bow, preferrably no pet, and then decent melee/survivability to finish the mobs off.  Basically, I want a bow shooter meleee hybrid that can take a bit of damage and does not have to kite to survive.

Can I achieve this build in Rift?  If so, what soul combos provide this sort of play?

Thanks! 

Comments

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

I would say Paragon soul but that's for warriors only. I guess you will have to choose the rogue souls, which I know nothing about yet.

Still, paragon + champion + beastmaster makes a good pve dps warrior for anyone out there looking for one. Going beastmaster makes you pick up a pet though. I'm not sure if there's another complete offensive melee dps warrior soul that doesn't have a pet, because when I was on my paragon champion beastmaster I didn't like having a purple cat as my only pet.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Originally posted by GameMonger71

I am looking at primarily PvE focus with some PvP thrown in for fun.  I was wondering if it was possible to build an effective character that has decent ranged capabilty with a bow, preferrably no pet, and then decent melee/survivability to finish the mobs off.  Basically, I want a bow shooter meleee hybrid that can take a bit of damage and does not have to kite to survive.

Can I achieve this build in Rift?  If so, what soul combos provide this sort of play?

Thanks! 

Check out http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

Maybe a riftstalker, marksman, sabatour for something fun.  Marksman for ranged attacks, sabatour for some AE ranged, and riftstalker for some melee survivability.  Or maybe riftstalker, marksman, bard for some healing and bufs.  Or maybe blademaster, marksman, bard....  

The posibilities to do what you want are endless....

---
    Ethion

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

Here's one that might work for you.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMfN.0VR.EGtRqdAudR.VM

• TictoxTictox Member Posts: 24

Sure you can!

Marksman (ranged damge + kiting) + Riftstalker (Rogue Tank) + assassin or nightblade (dps with stealth)

think i need to try that out next beta event ^^

• wildturkey1wildturkey1 Member Posts: 26

go rogue calling I would suggest.

marksman soul for range & then pick one of the melee dps souls, which there are a few.

then there is the ranger soul if you want more ranged dps (that is the pet soul though) or grab another melee dps soul, OOORRR you could grab the bard soul for support. (you can have 3 souls active at one time in case you did not know)

you can deffinitely make that class & there is plenty of flexabilty.

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Originally posted by ethion

Originally posted by GameMonger71

Thanks! 

Check out http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

Maybe a riftstalker, marksman, sabatour for something fun.  Marksman for ranged attacks, sabatour for some AE ranged, and riftstalker for some melee survivability.  Or maybe riftstalker, marksman, bard for some healing and bufs.  Or maybe blademaster, marksman, bard....  

The posibilities to do what you want are endless....

This was the exact combo I was thinking for you. Rift stalker, Marksman sabatour for sure. Pretty much exactly what you explained

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

I know you said you didn't want a pet, but going Marksmen for range damage and one of the melee rogue's  for close up combat is fun, I found having the Ranger for my third soul made questing so much easier.  You don't need to put any points into the Ranger tree (I would due to a nice snare near the bottom of the tree).  I found I did not need to kite anything.  Send in the pig and pew, pew the mob with my bow.  The pig holds aggro well and the mob would be dead before it reached me.  It also did me well in PvP giving me loads of tools and options early on in the game.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Definitely rogue as others have stated and you can have several specs on the same character so no need to have the same one for each purpose.

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

Marskman for the ranged + Assassin for the melee DPS (and the nice bleed and posion effects on both your ranged and melee attacks) + Riftstalker so you can stand toe to toe when they close on you. You get stealth and teleports along with a solid sniper build for PvP when your in there to mess around or if you encounter someone in the contested zones. Its a solid three sould combo and pretty hard ot mess up even if your trying to on the spoint spread. Pick a way you feel meets your play style and go from there. More into Marksman if you want more ranged play, more into assassin if you want more melee DPS, or more into Rift if your needing more mitigation/negation.