Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dynamic content in AoC - a question to Famine

Hopefully Famine still lurks around this forum as he used to. And if not, I would be really glad if someone who still have the access to official forums would post this question there. I currently don't have an active sub mainly due to financial problems and the fact that I would need to download 20 giga client doesn't help either :)

Anyway, my question is regarding the dynamic content. This is said to be a huge thing for new MMO's in the making and we saw Aion, War and Rift trying to make it work. AoC has no dynamic content coded, but considering the fact that AoC engine is just an improved AO engine isn't there an option to spawn random encounters? I know that AO had plenty of them when I played it. I am talking about raids on Borealis and clan city where a GM or a group of GM's would occasionaly spawn massive amount of elite NPC's in the city and players would fight them for the "epic" loot (normally high lvl bots that were used to make best armor in game). Why isn't something like this done in AoC? By the look of it, in AO it didn't need any coding, just few GM's. 

One option would be to enable faction wars where a group of elite mobs would attack an outpost of random faction. You don't need to make new bosses, just drop the ones found in instances - for instance wolfs of the steppes could have the bosses a player normally fights in the Pillars of Heaven.

Or a BRC ring that decides to attack Old Tarantia. There are numerous of options. 

Why is this not being done? Is the engine not allowing it?

Comments

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

This is something I always liked in SWG.  In pre-CU it was Rebels attacking Imp cities and in post-NGE it was the droid attacks. 

Randomness seems to be a bad word now a days I guess.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter