Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loving This Game

MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

I never thought I would get into a game like this, but I downloaded UWO last week while on vacation, and havent stopped playing it since. It's free to play so there are those pesky goldspammer at all the major cities, but the gameplay is incredible. I havent had this much fun crafting and trading since SWG.

I don't normally like Asian crossovers, but this game more than makes up for the bad grammar with incredible depth I havent experienced since EVE.

Comments

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Couldn't agree more.  This game has held my attention in a way only equal to the civilization series.  No other mmorpg comes close to this game in my opinion.  Give this game a review under ratings so we can get this game some respect here.  Good luck.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

I still cannot believe this game is free to play. Sure, lacks polish here and there, but the gameplay is so great! And for what I've seen the item shop looks quite fair, and you can play the whole content without having to spend a dime.

Highly recomended!

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Originally posted by Murashu

I never thought I would get into a game like this, but I downloaded UWO last week while on vacation, and havent stopped playing it since. It's free to play so there are those pesky goldspammer at all the major cities, but the gameplay is incredible. I havent had this much fun crafting and trading since SWG.

I don't normally like Asian crossovers, but this game more than makes up for the bad grammar with incredible depth I havent experienced since EVE.

Can you elaborate more ?  What makes the game fun for you ?  I've been looking for a new mmo to keep my attention and F2P genarally = Teh Suck.  I tried PotBs a few years back but it was bad.  What makes this game different ?

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Originally posted by Aguitha

Can you elaborate more ?  What makes the game fun for you ?  I've been looking for a new mmo to keep my attention and F2P genarally = Teh Suck.  I tried PotBs a few years back but it was bad.  What makes this game different ?

I tried PotBS myself a while back and couldn't stand the game. I never played more than an hour here or there so my experience with it is extremely limited.

I like being able to craft and sell my product on the market so games with player driven economies appeal to me. I'm also big into combat so I can't afford to spend all my skill points on crafting/trading. I've taken on cooking as my primary trade skill and I'm able to make all the food I use during combat. So far, nothing I have crafted has been junk. I've either used it or sold it to another player or sold it to an NPC for a profit. Another plus is I'm getting a free geography less while playing a game I enjoy :)

Some of the features I've come across that I like are:

• Finding and raising shipwrecks

• Open world PvP (in certain areas)

• Extremely in depth crafting

• Fishing

• PvE content scales to your party size

• Land or Sea combat

• Fluctuating market

• Discovery system that encourages exploring

Forgot to mention it has player and guild housing :)