Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO Patch Notes 21 Jan 2011

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Here's the patch notes for the patch scheduled to go live next week:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58016-patch-notes-version-1-34-04-17-a.html#post1091831

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I don't play the game because of all the negative press.  But I have been keeping an eye out, and it seems like the developers are serious about improving the game if the patch notes are accurate.  GL, I'll keep watching and see if things look up.

I self identify as a monkey.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

I don't play the game because of all the negative press.  But I have been keeping an eye out, and it seems like the developers are serious about improving the game if the patch notes are accurate.  GL, I'll keep watching and see if things look up.

Starvault always over promises and under delivers, just compare the current "game" to the previous patch notes.

I win!!! LOL@U

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

wile the deves are serious about improving the game they are very crappy coders so for every hole they patch up 3 others open somewere else.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

It always looks good on paper, but in reality.. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/303898/page/1

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

"They can shoot as long as a player can shoot his bow, but the hurlers wont play the throw animation at these distances due to performance savings. This have made some confusion about what is hitting players. We will see if we can have a proper solution on these risars without killing performance."

Lol, so an animation of a mob is killing performance? Way to go SV, so much for seamless world, when the engine can't handle animation of one mob..

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

"Patch went live somewhat delayed due to our hosting partners site went down for some hours."

1. Epic

2. Vulcano

3. Epic China

4. Epic US

5. Epic China

6. Gamehosting (BRAND new!)

This is new landmark in MO development.

Originally posted by cirsyndic

"Patch went live somewhat delayed due to our hosting partners site went down for some hours."

1. Epic

2. Vulcano

3. Epic China

4. Epic US

5. Epic China

6. Gamehosting (BRAND new!)

This is new landmark in MO development.

All pales to "Bird Flu" and the "Fires of Athens"   used by Farlan/Np3. (dark and light) 

What's it with games in this genre and acts of God?

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by Rohn

Here are the notes for the hotfix:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58324-hot-fix-version-1-34-05-19-a.html#post1096420

So this would be the patch to fix everything they just broke with the last patch?

I win!!! LOL@U

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by Toferio

"They can shoot as long as a player can shoot his bow, but the hurlers wont play the throw animation at these distances due to performance savings. This have made some confusion about what is hitting players. We will see if we can have a proper solution on these risars without killing performance."

Lol, so an animation of a mob is killing performance? Way to go SV, so much for seamless world, when the engine can't handle animation of one mob..

This is common in games. You have a high quality animation for objects that are nearby, then you have more primitive animations for distant objects where its too far to see the difference. Much like how in the total war games, distant soldiers are replaced with sprites. Pretty dumb to have the "cut off point" within the npc's attack range though.

Originally posted by Neoptolemus

Pretty dumb to have the "cut off point" within the npc's attack range though.

Exactly. I am aware of performance issues, but they should not affect the gameplay.