Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Villains: New Game Addition!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Today NCSoft unveiled their new website for City of Villains. It is loaded with tons of new information about the game including the first ever screen shots.  Because this is a fully stand-alone game (not requiring the original City of Heroes) it has earned a spot on our list of MMORPG's.  Below are the new screens:

You can view our new City of Villains at this link or check out the new official site here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• nkzznkzz Member Posts: 70

wow sweet, the screen's are nice and I love they've revealed abit from creating character aswell. I hope this game will be good and not as "kid" kinda like coh, just my opinion but too many kids play that game, and yes ive played it so I have my right to have my own opinion about it :P

Won't it be added to the forum? with it's own like CoH ?

Games Played » AO | EvE | RyL | EQ | SwG | WoW | MxO | CoH | GW

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Well its about damn time.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Those are some pretty cool pictures. It looks like that for the cities they are going for an even more industrial, gritty look. Fits the Villian stuff much better. And from the pictures of combat it looks like that those are some of the new archetypes that you can choose from. Can't wait to see more.

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

that looks awsome ::::20::

ever since I played as a complete dick-head in KoToR I've been geeked about being a villain.
    cant wait for my chance to be evil again....its very liberating, I recommend it.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    Considering CoH was my best MMORPG experience, this game is a must try, like EQ2 was a must try after all this time spended in EQ.  However, it release date come at a moment I may be hooked in D&Donline, which mean I will maybe have a waiting list...hmmm long time since a waiting list!  I like it!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

I really enjoyed CoH, it was easily the most fun MMO I have played since UO... no grind to speak of and excellent all round gameplay...

My only grip was it got old pretty fast... I maxed out to 50 in 3 months without trying at all and then it seemed to go a bit stale. However Im hopefull that CoV will provide a much richer experience given that it includes PvP elements as well as the more interesting side of Heros.... being Villains image

Looking forward to this one a LOTimage

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I think i'm going to love this game and

There is a typo in the link of the game it should be:

http://www.cityofvillains.com/

in the link the a and the i are the other way around :)

• ThePhoenixThePhoenix Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 116

So...... this is CoH, your just evil instead of good??? ::::15::

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by shadowrunner

Well you get some addition part of the cities if i'm right, but these are more evil orientaded

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

So is this a seperate game as in City of Heroes yet evil version with completly different servers and subscription or just an expansion?

• ThePhoenixThePhoenix Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 116

Originally posted by Effect
    So is this a seperate game as in City of Heroes yet evil version with completly different servers and subscription or just an expansion?

NOT an expansion, totally seperate, different servers, extra subscription....... wonder if they'll let the villains pvp, they didnt let the heros, until VERY recently in the Arena....

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

NOT an expansion, totally seperate, different servers, extra subscription....... wonder if they'll let the villains pvp, they didnt let the heros, until VERY recently in the Arena....

it wont be on different servers.
    nobody knows yet how the subscription will work
    of course the villains will pvp. they'll be pitted against the heroes and vice versa.

Or were you already saying that, but with poor syntax?

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

I doubt they would make you pay 2 different sub's if you wanted to play both CoH and CoV. Im sure they will have some sort of 1 months price for both games. I couldnt see anybody paying $30 a month for a game that is the same exact genre and feel, but kinda the opposite as CoH.

On another note, I would love to get a CoV beta spot, ive been subscribed for over 6 months, so hopefully i can get me one.

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

http://www.cityofvillains.com/faq/

City of Villians is a standalone game, not just an expansion pack. Its supposed to play like a completely different game, not just COH with you making a villian. They also have said in several places that if you own both City of Heroes and City of Villians you only need to pay $15 a month to have access to both games. Basically the games will overlap in several zones where heroes and villians can go and fight one another.

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• HeartlandHeartland Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by shadowrunner

Not really...as others have pointed out.

Apparently the missions will be quite different, with the players taking a more active role than just receiving missions to stop bad-guys (as they ARE the bad-guys!). That is one thing that seems cool.

Secondly, there will be the possibility of constructing lairs and bases (there is a screenie on the CoV website of this, that MMORPG.com missed to put on the site). Also looks very flexible and good fun.

Thirdly, I think the new leveling scheme seems cool. Players start out as common thugs, and are eventually rewarded with superpowers by an evil faction or archvillain for their outstanding services, rising above the other minions.

• RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124
    I am soooo looking forward to this game. Time to put the smack down on some of Statesman's fanboys. image
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Very nice, also looking forward to this game. I played CoH for a bit but quit after finding the game had ZERO depth to it, hoping that maybe with the addition of new characters, good vs. bad pvp might add some much needed game play to a very solid base game.

**Giddy**

Shae.