Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Resubbed and I don't Know why I ever left

WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

Seriously this game is great. I've played literally every MMO out there (I'm not joking), and this game gets so many things right [easy grouping, fun minigames, combat, easy communication between players (global chat that can be turned on and off YES), quest stories (seriously it's like reading one of the original conan stories), terrain and art design]. Now that the game system is optimized so I can play on high in DX10 on my macbook pro, I even have more reasons to stay. I think the graphic requirement is a huge barrier to entry for most players and the zoning/instancing can be off-putting, but I think that the immersion and game design is top-notch. Quests actually interest me and players actually group frequently (compared to solo mmos) because of the sheer difficulty of some areas due to incredible aggro and sensitive humanoid npcs.

Idk. This game just has a great vibe and sure crafting is backwards in my opinion and pvp isn't quite there (and probably won't ever be), this game is a true work of art. If you haven't listened to the soundtrack, do it. It's equivalent to Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings soundtrack. If you haven't given this game a shot, do it. You won't regret it. The game is equally as good past Tortage in my opinion because after that point, it becomes free-form.

Comments

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

I dunno about it being easy to find groups. Conell Valley might be something of an exception, but generally finding a group for a random world quest can be a chore. Because I know how difficult it can be to find a group, I have a policy of never turning down an invite to group.

All your other points I agree on. The game is a very entertaining MMO and it just keeps getting better. Looking forward to the Dreamworld engine upgrade and I am always up for more content! I hope they keep plugging away at AoC because it is a favorite game of mine, MMO or otherwise.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

I recently found my way back in but not sure how much longer I am going to be able to trudge along lol.  got a couple toons to the mid-30's and a bunch in the late teens just not sure its really grabbing me.  Could be the classes I am playing but so sick of tortage now lol.

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Being a fan of Conan in general is a huge help in appreciating this title. The world is so well represenative of the REH Conan stories, for me it is fun exploring, fighting, and hanging out!

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

I completely agree. You have to be a fan of the dark low-fantasy Conan-esque genre in order to enjoy this game. It's really completely different from any other mmo out there.