Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contest with no winners announced

markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Ok, lets see...Lotro had a contest where the grand prize was 100,000 turbine points and 3 2nd prizes of lifetime subs...contes rules state that the drawing will be on....wait, whats this...January 15th??? Now why have they not announced any winners? been 6 days and Lotro is always proud to announce their winners....did I miss something?

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Paperwork? As taxes are involved, it's going to take more than a week for that to get resolved...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by trancejeremy

Paperwork? As taxes are involved, it's going to take more than a week for that to get resolved...

That has nothing to do with simply announcing who won.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Agreed, even this site has had contests with decent prizes that may need "paperwork" yet the winners are always announced within a day. Methinks they made a booboo, yes I said booboo, in the contest itself.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Look, this isn't an Elementary School raffle.

They need to pick a winner. They need to notify him, send him the legal documents. He needs to fill them out, send them back, then Turbine needs to run it through their legal department to make sure everything is proper and legal and presumably notify the relevent government agencies. Or at least their accounting department.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about January 15, 2011, by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes ("Potential Winners"). Entrants need not be present to win. Each Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail ("Prize Notification") and (or their parents or legal guardians if Potential Winners are an eligible minor) must provide by e-mail within five (5) days of the date of the Prize Notification (the "Deadline"), his/her full name and a mailing address ("Mailing Information") where Sponsor can send the Prizes. The mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Potential Winners may be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (or their parents or legal guardians if Potential Winners are an eligible minor). Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information and if required by Sponsor, a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, Sponsor shall declare that Potential Winner is a winner ("Winner"). Return of any Prize Notification or Prizes will result in disqualification, an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing, and Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section 6 until a qualified Winner has been selected.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by trancejeremy

Look, this isn't an Elementary School raffle.

They need to pick a winner. They need to notify him, send him the legal documents. He needs to fill them out, send them back, then Turbine needs to run it through their legal department to make sure everything is proper and legal and presumably notify the relevent government agencies. Or at least their accounting department.

And yet mmorpg.com, for example, doesn't have to do all of this in order to just say "Here's the winner!."? And all of those things are already taken care of before the winner is even picked, FYI. That's why competitions say things like "Not available in such-and-such country.", because the deals have already been made in those areas that do allow it.

They don't pick a winner and THEN check the legalities.:P

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150

January 28th and still no winners announced...they have a desgin-a-horse contest and announce the winner...you'd think something as big as 100,000 turbine points and several lifetime subs would bring some sort of announcement...just seems a bit odd to me...but...who knows