Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introduce Yourself

Hey everyone, why not take the time to get to know your fellow members better and introduce yourself. What do you like doing? What's your name, where are you from, the list goes on. Basic information about yourself. I'll start...

Hello everyone, my name is Nathan and I live in New Zealand. I enjoy reading books, playing PS3, cooking and most importantly I like to play MMOs. I am interested in Game Development. I have not played many MMORPGs but those I have played I played for a long time. Right now I am playing a Runescape Private Server (RSPS) called CrisisX, I have played Runescape for over 5 years but recently quit after I got 99 mining. I have tried many other MMOs but I never really played them for long.

Now It's your turn image

Comments

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

I'm a middle aged, bald fat nerd who lives with his mum.

Sad I know.

But true!

Glad to hear Kiwi's get internet connections these days. What sort of deal are you getting for it?

• AkechtaAkechta Member Posts: 219

Mmm Broadband 30G/month for $30 NZD/month

• mmobobymmoboby Member Posts: 8

Hey im new so thats me : )

im 29 year old and living in germany i found this nice page with google  :=)

I love roleplaying and mmorpg  games so im here

i think this is the best place to get informations about mmorpgs and other games

so see you all soon , maybe in a group ore so ;P

http://www.mmorpg-bob.com search free MMORPG???we separate the wheat from the chaff !!!

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

A 20 year old chap from England who sure loves his games!

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• QuasiRainQuasiRain Member Posts: 125

Guy who wants to reduce work-hours and extend weekends for the whole world so we can all play MMORPGs more. Right now, I have a six-day 8+hour/day workweek cramped schedule.

*Revives Ultimecia's plan for Time Alteration. XD

<TBA>

Good to see some people sharing a bit about themselves. Where's everyone else though?

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

US currently South Carolina.   I'm in the NAVY and I don't have time to do much of anything besides the training program I'm going through.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I like trains.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Originally posted by Akechta

Where's everyone else though?

The rest of the people that post here are relatively familliar with each other.... we see no reason to tell people things that are already common knowledge... well except for you new people.

On a side note... this forum needs more chicks.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

I suck the blood of children at night in order to stay young.  Other than that, I'm a really fun guy. image

Originally posted by Illius

The world in general needs more chicks.

• paps26paps26 Member Posts: 24

Hi I'm Lance! I love playing MMORPGs and playing basketball. I played MMOs in my college years and now I want to play some games again even if I'm working now :)

• QuasiRainQuasiRain Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by GTwander

The Gamer world you mean. Need more active chicks. :P

<TBA>

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I think I'm a moderately nice person who can be an ass if I think someone chooses to not use their intelligence. I also don't like to type long-winded essays about anything.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Originally posted by QuasiRain

The Gamer world you mean. Need more active chicks. :P

No, "the world in general" needs at least a 70/30 chick to dude ratio.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

No, "the world in general" needs at least a 70/30 chick to dude ratio.

I approve of this message.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722

ok I know this is silly, but this post is for no reason other then it made me uncomfortable to be setting on post count of 666

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Akechta

Hey everyone, why not take the time to get to know your fellow members better and introduce yourself. What do you like doing? What's your name, where are you from, the list goes on. Basic information about yourself. I'll start...

Hello everyone, my name is Nathan and I live in New Zealand. I enjoy reading books, playing PS3, cooking and most importantly I like to play MMOs. I am interested in Game Development. I have not played many MMORPGs but those I have played I played for a long time. Right now I am playing a Runescape Private Server (RSPS) called CrisisX, I have played Runescape for over 5 years but recently quit after I got 99 mining. I have tried many other MMOs but I never really played them for long.

Now It's your turn image

Allo

My name is Annah. I live in Lancaster, Pa. I have played almost every MMO out there and I am proud and happy to say I have successfully broken my MMO addicition! I only play MMOS about hours every three months now versus hours a day.

My professional life? Went back to school so I can teach.

My time with gaming has dramatically shrunk since I made some major life changes. I still play games from time to time (current game is Dragon Age) but nowehere near the amount I used to.

I think if I ever played another MMO it would be messing around Knights of the Old Republic for a little while.

There you go! Kthanx! :P

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Holla.

My name is Breanna. I live in Ottawa, Canada but I make my way between here and Montreal where I work for a game developer.

I'm an avid gamer of pretty much every genre but my passion lies in MMO's. I love to read whenever I have time (which is not often now days), I'm always studying something -- gah! --, play table top games (I played V:TM for years, then went to Old WoD and now New WoD), local LAN's (yay!), I'm a big swimmer and generally make a pain of myself.

Right now I'm playing WoW, Lineage 2 (as always), dabbling in EVE and a few beta's that I'm enjoying here and there.

Hmm... what else? Come form a large family, lots of broters, I was born in Russia, I hate facebook, loath twitter, I still contest that I'm a blogger even though I haven't posted on a blog I started five years ago in about... 5 years. My favorite movie right now is Inception... I dunno why, I just love it. I'm reading Dexter but it's terrible compared to the show. My favorite food in the whole wide world is Nachos, my favorite beer is Stella and I'm a huge hockey fan even though my poor Ottawa Senators are taking a beating this year.

OK, I'll stop now! But, nice to meet yah.

Originally posted by bverji

ok I know this is silly, but this post is for no reason other then it made me uncomfortable to be setting on post count of 666

"Don't trip, crip"

I'm the same way, even in games when any random statistic lands on it.

Originally posted by shae

Holla.

My name is Breanna. I live in Ottawa, Canada but I make my way between here and Montreal where I work for a game developer.

I'm an avid gamer of pretty much every genre but my passion lies in MMO's. I love to read whenever I have time (which is not often now days), I'm always studying something -- gah! --, play table top games (I played V:TM for years, then went to Old WoD and now New WoD), local LAN's (yay!), I'm a big swimmer and generally make a pain of myself.

Right now I'm playing WoW, Lineage 2 (as always), dabbling in EVE and a few beta's that I'm enjoying here and there.

Hmm... what else? Come form a large family, lots of broters, I was born in Russia, I hate facebook, loath twitter, I still contest that I'm a blogger even though I haven't posted on a blog I started five years ago in about... 5 years. My favorite movie right now is Inception... I dunno why, I just love it. I'm reading Dexter but it's terrible compared to the show. My favorite food in the whole wide world is Nachos, my favorite beer is Stella and I'm a huge hockey fan even though my poor Ottawa Senators are taking a beating this year.

OK, I'll stop now! But, nice to meet yah.

You seem to have more of a life than most people here. I've been dying to go and watch Inception, never got a chance and now it's not in cinemas. I have the every episode of every Dexter Season, but I've never read one of the books (To be Honest, I didn't even know they existed until I read your post. Thank you). I also like reading books (Ever heard of a site called Goodreads? Can win free books there) and right now I'm reading a book called City of Bones (Though I never really have time to read, I'm always either playing a game or studying).

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Hi I'm Dave, I like to see my enemies driven before me and to hear the lamentations of their women.

O_o o_O

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Bigdavo

Hi I'm Dave, I like to see my enemies driven before me and to hear the lamentations of their women.

LOL

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Oh, hello Dave, I;m sure your enemies love to be driven before you as you hear the lamentations of their women too.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Is it just me.. or is this thread like REALLY creepy? image

Sounds like an AA meeting.  Introductions are so out of place these days. People should just jump in and people will get to know you over time.  People who introduce themselves divulging too  much info give me the heebie jeebies.