Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch is fail down for over a day

shogunoneshogunone Member Posts: 85

Well as you all know the patch was a big fail and the server will be down until further notice.  I am glad there are some people complianing about it.  What I do nto understand is the people standing behind SV as if this is thier first fuckup and condeming the people talking out.  Like I mentioned in another thread if SV was any other business no one would stand for it.  Why do people put up with an inferior product just because it is a game??

Here is the thread with people complaining.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58120-starvault.html

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58100-give-us-update-please.html

{Mod Edit}

Comments

• mosoxmosox Member Posts: 3

they are releasing patches they NEVER tested onto a live server?   imageimageimageimageimage

• wicked357wicked357 Member UncommonPosts: 172

To be honest I am not surprised at all. I let my sub expire and have zero plans on resubbing. Also, I am making a prediction that either SV fixes the game and saves what is left of the sub base and possibly gains a few more or they are going to suffer a miserable fail and this game is pulled before the year is over. It honestly takes them to be going in the negatives for a little bit before they just can't afford to keep working on a game they aren't making money back on. There development model is awful, how can you be developing all this stuff to add in the game and not actual fix the real issues with the game, E.g. exploiting/hacking. To me it seems they are stacking shit on shit to make a big pile that will eventually have to be resolved to be successful.

I really enjoyed this game during beta because I was willing to accept the flaws the game has, but once release came and all these things Henrik talked about didn't happen I was truely disappointed, so I canceled. About a month ago I thought this game has to be better by now so I resubbed. Wow I was truely surprised that the game was almost exactly the same with a few minor additions (Compass, random loot bags), but I also noticed a ton of bugs still and heard about new ones that were be exploited on top of figuring out how to exploit a bug they had with books myself, after I had figured that out, I lost all interest in the game and chalked this company up to pure FAIL. Back to the drawing board I go and no MMO to play as I can't seem to find one that suffices to my gaming needs.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

So now we're mad because SV is testing their patches and not deploying a gamebreaking bug?  Really?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by funkmastaD

So now we're mad because SV is testing their patches and not deploying a gamebreaking bug?  Really?

Now now, no need to worry, I'm sure some gamebreaking bugs will be included as well.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

So what's the TEST server for? image   

I win!!! LOL@U

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by HanoverZ

So what's the TEST server for? image   

I actually wrote a paragraph explaining why latency problems are more likely to manifest themselves on an actual live server, 

but you know that as well as I do.  Not gonna venture a guess as to why you're playing dumb.

Originally posted by wicked357

To be honest I am not surprised at all. I let my sub expire and have zero plans on resubbing. Also, I am making a prediction that either SV fixes the game and saves what is left of the sub base and possibly gains a few more or they are going to suffer a miserable fail and this game is pulled before the year is over. It honestly takes them to be going in the negatives for a little bit before they just can't afford to keep working on a game they aren't making money back on. There development model is awful, how can you be developing all this stuff to add in the game and not actual fix the real issues with the game, E.g. exploiting/hacking. To me it seems they are stacking shit on shit to make a big pile that will eventually have to be resolved to be successful.

I really enjoyed this game during beta because I was willing to accept the flaws the game has, but once release came and all these things Henrik talked about didn't happen I was truely disappointed, so I canceled. About a month ago I thought this game has to be better by now so I resubbed. Wow I was truely surprised that the game was almost exactly the same with a few minor additions (Compass, random loot bags), but I also noticed a ton of bugs still and heard about new ones that were be exploited on top of figuring out how to exploit a bug they had with books myself, after I had figured that out, I lost all interest in the game and chalked this company up to pure FAIL. Back to the drawing board I go and no MMO to play as I can't seem to find one that suffices to my gaming needs.

Enjoyed your post, its seems to mirror many that had high hoped for MO>

I win!!! LOL@U

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279

this game looked as if it had potential, now its just some roadkill thats yesterdays news.

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

so they said that the servers will be down for 24 hours so that the patch can be tested on the live server.

whats the ploblem lol? we get getting compensated for it anyway with extra gametime.

• kastrixkastrix Member Posts: 75

^ this

do we get compensated when blizzard takes down the server every wensday morning for a few houers EVERY week?

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Not alot of people are complianing about MO these days...because from the 100 people total playing it...only 4 or 5 bother complianing imo

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by dbstylin34

this game looked as if it had potential, now its just some roadkill thats yesterdays news.

Frankly, even though I preordered the game, I really dont care anymore. 2011 is shaping up to be a promising year for MMORPGs and it is time that a mess like this be forgotten.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Originally posted by ange10

so they said that the servers will be down for 24 hours so that the patch can be tested on the live server.

whats the ploblem lol? we get getting compensated for it anyway with extra gametime.

It's actually 35 hours and counting now but I agree I don't see any problem with that.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Thandur92Thandur92 Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

It's actually 35 hours and counting now but I agree I don't see any problem with that.

Its not been 35 hours yet, just about 20mins more. Wondering if it will be up anytime soon

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by kastrix

^ this

do we get compensated when blizzard takes down the server every wensday morning for a few houers EVERY week?

Its usually for 2 hours early morning when population is at its lowest to minimise inconvenience, and asides from that the server is very stable and reliable. Furthermore, any updates applied can be expected to be properly working and tested with only the occasional bug. Big difference.

Originally posted by Thandur92

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Its not been 35 hours yet, just about 20mins more. Wondering if it will be up anytime soon

Now over 40 hours down....

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Yea, I am really bummed, had to pull my sub due to the problems. Great sandbox concept and all but damn, four months of problems that effect my toon is my limit.. Got until mid-month to make it work or it is back to finding an MMO sandbo worth playing. Playing Warband until next month.

Originally posted by seabeast

Yea, I am really bummed, had to pull my sub due to the problems. Great sandbox concept and all but damn, four months of problems that effect my toon is my limit.. Got until mid-month to make it work or it is back to finding an MMO sandbo worth playing. Playing Warband until next month.

LOL... Good luck with that.  

I win!!! LOL@U

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by kastrix

^ this

Blizzard schedules their downtimes so it's expected, and they time it on off peak hours for the server. Their servers are also localized to the region they are in, so the downtime matches the lowest population hours. SV doesn't plan any downtime, it's always unplanned.

Administrator

We have solved all known issues we were working on.

We are building a new patch and will go live as soon as its done.

CEO, Founder & Game designer

Still down.... Love the little disclaimer. 

We going into day 3 yet?

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Still down.... Love the little disclaimer. 

We going into day 3 yet?

Almost.... about an hour ago Henrik replied to a thread that was guessing the time the server would be back up.  He said something about "HAHAH I win because I know.. my guess is NOW".  That post was deleted 5 minutes later...  Hasn;t been heard from since.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Well, server finally went up.. for 2 minutes, and crashed .3

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Patching....

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Server keeps crashing, now what?

I win!!! LOL@U

Unread Today, 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post

It crashed twice. 5 minutes after the patch, and 10 seconds after it came up again.

I hope they don't have to roll back.

Everyone that knows SV knew this shit was gona happen.

Part of the Limited Edition 999'ers Club

www.invictusguild.info

Roll back?

I win!!! LOL@U