Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has RF changed since it left Codemasters hands?

CriozaCrioza Member Posts: 24

I used to play RF online back when it was being run by Codemasters. I remember RF being a very broken game, where potions replaced hp since they had no cooldown and could be autoset to be used after hp dropped to certain value. I also recall there being no real distinguishing "line" between classes. A "caster" class could go all out melee and never cast a spell in his career.Also, it was recommended by the game community that you have be good at every skill, so in pvp, you could switch armor to better suit your opponents. While there is nothing wrong with being prepared for anything, doesn't it take away the point of having classes?

I do remember each race having something unique thought, the short dudes had big robots, the Accretians i think they were called, well they looked pretty bad ass and could carry cannons. The fan-service elve-like race who's name escapes me had some summons. But that was pretty much the only good thing I remember.

Has this game changed at all? Is it still all grinding to get all your skills maxed, melee classes calling meteor showers, ranged classes beating you down with big swords and mages bustin' caps with laser guns? Do potions still replace hp?

Comments

• djmaurodjmauro Member Posts: 19

few months old but blah :D a good update for thsoe few who look into the game.

But last updates were  basicall ya year ago(worthless ones),

No mages cant go all melee... etc this was fixed long time ago - a non class specifing PT is capped at 60.

Liek if ur a melee, max ranged pt you can get is 60 (max lvl 40 weapon and 41 armor i think) - you can get 99 force tho but  ur skilsl are limtied to basic only.

Same for others (ranged vs melee, force vs ranged/melee) etc.

Thats if you wont cross class (no class skills then tho) liek mage x melee.

Potions replace hp - its a potion heavy game. highest potion is  5k hp at aroudn 2.5s cooldown (non item mall one).

Macro exists, But the game couldnt work without it sicne the damage amount u can take is  high also.

What i dont like is that the game is... dead - there is population, lots of it and loads of private servers.

Its item mall based - who pays most is strongest.

all the new updates from ccr are pointless remakes of old items with godlike stats.

What this game needs is a real upgrade and expansion (engine gfx, whoel gameplay and quests starting from lvl 1). And subcription based (less hackers, more equal gameplay- no item mall op stuff and no carebear voting etc with loads of  alt accounts).

GOOD and existing customer support.

More areas for lower lvls also.

Making lower lvl gameplay interesting as well.

And this game could hit top 3 mmos easily.

• bluntpufferbluntpuffer Member Posts: 5

want new expansions and real upgrades?

http://www.playrf.us/

• djmaurodjmauro Member Posts: 19

wow, i got email sayign someoen replied -_- cant believe someone  spams private server links here Oo

p.servers aint updated, just changed/op or messed up - remaking mostly olöd stuff already.

• bluntpufferbluntpuffer Member Posts: 5

this one isn't FYI :) max level 150 and lots of cool other stuff like own models, archon banners, devil wings as jetpack(or other capes etc) really cool

• LysarionLysarion Member Posts: 87

The main problem is, actually the official european company providing RFO is a real pain in the ***...

Crappy customer service, no support, laggy site, and worst of all, the game client can't be downloaded, unless you use a really specific version of IE7... (i won't lie to you, saying the whole client is cr**, and you'll have to DL the 4parts one...)

It's even hard to create an account, since the site is almost always down...

That game had a great potential, while being provided by CodeMasters, but now it's definitely dead. (unless you play on private servers, wich are "pay2win" even more...)

I'm french, that's why I sometimes mis-use or mis-spell some words... Please don't blame me.
    (but feel free to explain my error if you want =)
    Need an Eve-Online trial invite? PM me your email adress =)