Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-RMT version of Entropia Universe?

lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

Would you play it? For those of you who have tried and quit Entropia Universe; would you play a p2p version of the same game?

It seems to me that Entropia Universe has the potential to be an amazing game for the p2p crowd. With the following changes I believe the game would be a hit..

1. RMT model changed to $15 monthly fee. Client free to download.
2. More ways to build income with little to no investment. Slow and steady that is. Maybe increase the TT value of sweat? More fruit, stones, and dung spawns?
3. Make rare BPs even more rare. This way not everyone has the very best gear, and crafting actually has value. Limited BPs are a great way to limit supply, and increase demand.
4. Release a lot more DNA for land owners to populate their land areas.
5. Release new planets as the population increases to keep hunting areas from being overcrowded.
6. Increase overall run speed of avatars by approx. 50%. This makes pvp more twitch based. PVP is still limited to specific areas so that pve players have the option to avoid pvp.
7. PVP deaths will have players drop three random items from their inventory including equipped items.

There are probably a few things I missed, but that is a basic rundown of what I believe would be an amazing game. Tell me what you all think.

Playing - Minecraft, 7 Days To Die, Darkfall:ROA, Path of Exile

Waiting for - 

Comments

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

i like the world of Entropia very much and i would play it, if P2P. but i guess, this change would not be trivial. the entire game is balanced around the exchange rate between PED and real $: item decay, drop rates ammo consumption, .....

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• lilreap2k3lilreap2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 353

The decay, costs, and item consumption can be adjusted similar to how other mmorpgs are. A good balance between loot and decay can keep the economy fairly stable as well as keeping rares rare. Markup can also be a factor in how expensive things will be, so that would also have to be considered. Overall I think it could be a great change.

Playing - Minecraft, 7 Days To Die, Darkfall:ROA, Path of Exile

Waiting for - 

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

While it would be nice, I doubt the tight-arses at MindArk would ever consider it.

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)