Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still crap support for the US players

shogunoneshogunone Member Posts: 85

7 months in and we still can not get someone to stay at the reset button 24/7????  Es[ecially the last couple weeks the game has been very instable.   Well I only have 4 days left on my account and I am def not resubbing.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58086-server-offline.html

Comments

• paratusparatus Member Posts: 20

A "reset" isn't what it needs.. it's getting some maintenance.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by paratus

A "reset" isn't what it needs.. it's getting some maintenance.

Doesn't change the fact MOs "support" is sorely lacking. Dont you think an annoucement would have been prudent if this was scheduled rather than some lacky post after the fact?

I win!!! LOL@U

• izzadizzadizzadizzad Member Posts: 33

If the game crashes its mostly just for a few minutes and it doesn't really happen often.... got a crash 2 times playing whole day yesterday and i got back within 2 mins so i don't really see why your moawing about server stability when there are other threads talking about it already...

Originally posted by izzadizzad

If the game crashes its mostly just for a few minutes and it doesn't really happen often.... got a crash 2 times playing whole day yesterday and i got back within 2 mins so i don't really see why your moawing about server stability when there are other threads talking about it already...

Only two crashes...How is that even remotely acceptable? Btw, haven't you only been playing "2 days"?

I win!!! LOL@U

Yes, so i also mentioned yesterday. Im not saying its acceptable but i'm just saying there are enough posts about it so why open another thread of a subject which has been discussed more often.

Yes, so i also mentioned yesterday. Im not saying its acceptable but i'm just saying there are enough posts about it so why open another thread of a subject which has been discussed more often.

Perhaps you're confusing MMORPG.com with MO forums, this is the first/only post here regarding this issue which happend yesterday.  If you are referring to SVs lack of support, how is that not worthy of continued discussion.  SV promised improvements in this area, yet here we are again.  So what specifically do you object to?

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58100-give-us-update-please.html

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by shogunone

7 months in and we still can not get someone to stay at the reset button 24/7????  Es[ecially the last couple weeks the game has been very instable.   Well I only have 4 days left on my account and I am def not resubbing.

It seems they decided to test the new patch on the live server??? image

View Single Post

Old Today, 16:05

Administrator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi View Post

they are testing the patch on live server, maybe

This.

Mearlyn will post an update on the progress in a moment.

CEO, Founder & Game designer

I win!!! LOL@U

Last night the server experienced a problem and was taken offline.

After careful deliberation we decided to combine the new patch with the extended maintenance necessary.

A days worth of gametime will be added to each currently subscribed account as a reimbursement.

The server is still down for maintenance, testing and patching, we expect this process to be finished at ~midnight GMT+1.

-----------------------------------------------

So, I actually think they handel the issue of the server very well ;)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I would expect a few times a year to be acceptable. Two times a day is way outside of the norm for MMO games. Even the bad ones have better server up time than that.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

I bought this game about a month ago and liked it during the 15-20 min spurts I could actually play. Unfortunately like you say the game is super unstable. I pretty much de-subbed on the 3rd day as I just couldn't play, the server was off synch with my client for the majority of the time which usually indicates a network/lag issue, but their support kept sending me generic, wipe your HD and reinstall the game client messages.

its too bad the game can't be played by US players, they shouldn't sell the game here until they can get a server in a US datacenter.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

I bought this game about a month ago and liked it during the 15-20 min spurts I could actually play. Unfortunately like you say the game is super unstable. I pretty much de-subbed on the 3rd day as I just couldn't play, the server was off synch with my client for the majority of the time which usually indicates a network/lag issue, but their support kept sending me generic, wipe your HD and reinstall the game client messages.

its too bad the game can't be played by US players, they shouldn't sell the game here until they can get a server in a US datacenter.

As others would attest to, the US Datacenter won't make any difference. The datacenter they are using now isn't bad at all. But even players that live near it have horrendous problems playing the game.

It's not a datacenter issue. With the connectivity for most players, the ping won't kill them. It's a matter of terribly written code and systems within the game. And no change in datacenter, no localization, is going to change that.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

As others would attest to, the US Datacenter won't make any difference. The datacenter they are using now isn't bad at all. But even players that live near it have horrendous problems playing the game.

It's not a datacenter issue. With the connectivity for most players, the ping won't kill them. It's a matter of terribly written code and systems within the game. And no change in datacenter, no localization, is going to change that.

that's really too bad then, just doesn't seem to be anything good to play anymore, either that or I've just been playing games for too long and have finally outgrown them.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

that's really too bad then, just doesn't seem to be anything good to play anymore, either that or I've just been playing games for too long and have finally outgrown them.

Heh, same here. Although I think it is combination of both. Quickly getting tired of the mainstream games currently on the market, and there is nothing new to grab my interest.

I think theres just too much crap being released.

I win!!! LOL@U

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Looks like they just decided to leave the server down and add the patch:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1093293-post1.html

default Server down + extended maintenance + patch

Last night the server experienced a problem and was taken offline.

After careful deliberation we decided to combine the new patch with the extended maintenance necessary.

A days worth of gametime will be added to each currently subscribed account as a reimbursement.

The server is still down for maintenance, testing and patching, we expect this process to be finished at ~midnight GMT+1.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Looks like the server is down for another day:

During the final test run on the live-server we found an issue with movement updates for players with high latency.

This pretty much renders PvP impossible for those people.

We will not go live with the patch in this condition so the patch will be deployed tomorrow during GMT+1 working hours. The server will stay down during that time for further testing and maintenance.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

No. . you've been ruined as I have.  After playing Darfall and MO I can't go back to a game with levels ever ever ever again.  Both Darkfall and MO have problems that keep me from playing them though. .  .actually with Darkfall it is just the lack of a skill cap.

I think in the movies they get it wrong. . the person near death sees the light at the end of a tunnel. . heaven. . then they fight to live and come back to earth. . why would they do that.  If you saw heaven would you care about earth.  It is like I have seen a glimpse of MMO heaven. . and got yanked back to earth. . guess I have to wait until I die  :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

During the final test run on the live-server we found an issue with movement updates for players with high latency.

We will not go live with the patch in this condition so the patch will be deployed tomorrow during GMT+1 working hours. The server will stay down during that time for further testing and maintenance.

Using the ONLY LIVE server for testing is idiotic.

I win!!! LOL@U

• mosoxmosox Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Using the ONLY LIVE server for testing is idiotic.

why do they do this?  is this on purpose or what? image

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

...be serious for a second...  would you deploy a patch and NOT test it on the live server before you open up the server? 

Originally posted by funkmastaD

...be serious for a second...  would you deploy a patch and NOT test it on the live server before you open up the server? 

I would recommend you take your own advice and think about what you're asking. The whole purpose of testing is that when you're ready to roll out to production (ie, live server), the vast majority of scenarios have been entered to tax and stress the work you've already done. When it's going to a LIVE server, it's supposed to work already. That's what a good testing process entails.

Unless of course, you're SV, and don't have any type of testing process other than pushing work that is immediately coded right into the live server. Again, this speaks volumes about the experience that the team behind MO has, and it's been apparent for a long time that they lack the fundamental tools of software developers in even the most elementary form.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

I would recommend you take your own advice and think about what you're asking. The whole purpose of testing is that when you're ready to roll out to production (ie, live server), the vast majority of scenarios have been entered to tax and stress the work you've already done. When it's going to a LIVE server, it's supposed to work already. That's what a good testing process entails.

Unless of course, you're SV, and don't have any type of testing process other than pushing work that is immediately coded right into the live server. Again, this speaks volumes about the experience that the team behind MO has, and it's been apparent for a long time that they lack the fundamental tools of software developers in even the most elementary form.

Come on.  SV clearly tested their patch.  They found a bug.  They're fixing it.  You're complaining because they did further testing, and because of their thoroughness they found another problem before it was released.

Come on.  SV clearly tested their patch.  They found a bug.  They're fixing it.  You're complaining because they did further testing, and because of their thoroughness they found another problem before it was released.

Did you miss the part about the ONLY server being down to accomplish this "feat". Perhaps the other MMO developers should take note of Starvaults ground breaking techniques.

I win!!! LOL@U

This indicates a massive problem with their development system.  Not only does it sound like they have to test on the development system but they apparently also have to then work on the live server to fix the code?    Most companies would have found whatever massive bug occurred, rolled back the server, and  let the customers back in while they fixed their code behind the scenes.   If they literally have to work on the code on the live server every time, multiple day downtimes are going to become the standard.  This will of course lead to slower patch releases (can't have the server down 2 days a week...) which will lead to larger patches.  Larger patches have a higher possibility of gamebreaking bugs which in turn could extend the server downtime even further...

In summary, they need to fix their programing somewhere other than on the live server.

No, SV didn't test their patch properly. That's what I alluded to saying "proper" testing methods. They don't employ them, and it's been clear because there hasn't been a single patch they have released that hasn't broken something else.

It's a matter of getting testing done properly. SV doesn't do it.