Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2X Questions

jimmydatwinjimmydatwin Member UncommonPosts: 68

I used to play EQ2 and have a few questions on EQ2X.

1.  Can Mastercrafted items be Equiped by silver/bronze accounts.  On the site it says that the only restriction is fabled/legendary, but I read on the EQ2X FAQ at zam the legendary and fabled Mastercrafted items are restricted....not sure if that includes the level 12, 22, etc. MC items or if it is more for endgame raid items. 

2.  What is the population like at all levels.  Is it worth leveling up or is the endgame dead.

3.  If the endgame is dead is it possible to transfer over to live after hitting level 80.

4.  What are the prices like on the Broker and can Bronze/Silver buy from the broker.   Curious as to how held back the Gold/Plat limits will make me.   I will probably buy a class and race combo for $17 and just play that so I will be a Silver account.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by jimmydatwin

1.  Can Mastercrafted items be Equiped by silver/bronze accounts.  On the site it says that the only restriction is fabled/legendary, but I read on the EQ2X FAQ at zam the legendary and fabled Mastercrafted items are restricted....not sure if that includes the level 12, 22, etc. MC items or if it is more for endgame raid items. 

Yes, you can use mastercrafted on bronze and silver accounts. It is generally the best you can get without a sub.

2.  What is the population like at all levels.  Is it worth leveling up or is the endgame dead.

Population is probably as good as one in this games first year after release (on a single server, obviously release population was much more but spread across more servers). So, its very populated.

3.  If the endgame is dead is it possible to transfer over to live after hitting level 80.

No, you can't transfer over to live but the endgame isn't anywhere near dead. Live characters can be transfered over to the extended server however.

4.  What are the prices like on the Broker and can Bronze/Silver buy from the broker.   Curious as to how held back the Gold/Plat limits will make me.   I will probably buy a class and race combo for $17 and just play that so I will be a Silver account.

Silver accounts can buy from the broker and prices are pretty much what you expect. Both Bronze and Silver can buy broker credits if you have some particularly good items to sell, but its not something I would recommend doing for everything as it would cost loads.

If you get a guild any Gold members can sell your things for you if you trust them or you could store up loads of things to sell and then go Gold for 1 month to sell it all. That would be the cheapest option if you wanted to sell on the broker a lot. There is also an Auction chat channel which has been added to the game, which is pretty active.. so you can always use that to sell instead of using the broker.

Be aware that to get a silver account you have to buy the silver account (about $10?), you don't automatically become a silver member when you make your first purchase.

Thanks,

Jim

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • subbobsubbob Member Posts: 36

Their Membership Matrix provides an excellent comparison of the various options - from free to platinum - and makes it easy to see the differences between all of them.

http://www.everquest2.com/_themes/default/images/extended/membershipMatrix.jpg

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by aovannor

Originally posted by jimmydatwin

Yes, you can use mastercrafted on bronze and silver accounts. It is generally the best you can get without a sub.

However, not all mastercrafted is the same. You can make and use mastercrafted armor, clothing, backpacks, and probably weapons just fine. But for some reason, a mastercrafted quiver or thrown-weapon bag is considered mastercrafted legendary: Bronze and Silver can't equip them.

• ThamorisThamoris Member UncommonPosts: 686

The game is busy...you will have lots of fun and lots of folks to run with.