Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars III : Revenge of the Sith Poll [how was it?]

Starting a "have your say" thread about the new SWIII:RotS movie...
Ok, ok, it wont be out for a few more days but boy oh boy I'm so excited!! image

having high hopes myself! Go Go Empire! image

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    Coming out the 19th...or the 18th, when noon turn out toward the 19th...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• Wind_angelWind_angel Member Posts: 82
    It's on the 19th... Thursday... Can't wait to see Chewbaca's Clan... lol... Now I'll say I have completed the Whole StarWars Saga...

Hurry up.... Clock is ticking

• Wind_angelWind_angel Member Posts: 82

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Hurry up.... Clock is ticking

• tinman_alleytinman_alley Member Posts: 1
    Episodiacs are thrilled for the final part.episode 4-6 for me is still the best! i hate the very computerized effects of episodes 1 and 2 and specially episode 2!
  • RealmreaverRealmreaver Member Posts: 380

I like the OT far better than the PT BUT if they removed Jar Jar from most of the movie it would be easily salvagable....

Episode 2 would either need to be made into two movies or remove most of the Anakin/Padame' parts.

Episode 3 Most of us heard what is forth comming and there is only one part of the film I find HIGHLY questionable... otherwise it should be good.

Realmreaver formally of EQ, SWG, FFXI and WoW.

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Some named of Diablo 1 and 2 =)

Grendel Kinguard of GW.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

I think they showed it at the Cannes Film Festival this past weekend. Anyone actually get to see it?

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Why does everyone think Episode 2 was so bad? That's all I've heard for the past 3 years, yet no one gives any specific reasons =)

Anyhow, my only concern with Episode 3 is that Lucas won't make it dark enough. Now I know there is no way in hell a Star Wars movie would ever get an 'R' rating, but there's going to be some hardcore Jedi slaughtering being done in this movie (after all, they all need to get wiped out save for Luke, Leia, Obi Wan and Yoda); basically, the way the story is set up to finish, I see it as being a very dark movie, but yet I don't see Lucas as making it all that dark, so as to keep it as kid/teen friendly as possible.

What do you guys think?

• lol, the abstinence is going to cost the U.S. economy about 500 million dollars tomorrow because everyone is going to see the movie LOL =P

Too bad I can't skip my job else I'd be there tomorrow... will be a day later image

I myself like all SW movies, with a preference (character wise) to the IV-VI ones because of the classic harrison ford aura and the Millenium Falcon image
    I always keep the time-frame they were made in, in mind though... when I put episode IV in the VCR I expect to see a 5-star seventies movie (movie wtf... LEGEND! hihihi image).

I liked I & II just as well though, but now I'm sad that this will be the last movie!!

• oh yea... 19th is official release date, but all major cinemas have Premi
  • AtomicusAtomicus Member Posts: 202

I found that epsidoes 1 and 2 are very engaging with wall-to-wall action along with some suspenseful and dramatic scenes in between. The computer graphic effects were a nice touch but I feel a bit overdown in comparison to 4-6. I know Lucas couldn't afford at the time of 4-6 the computer enhancements like today but with what he did have managed to bring the story to life. The overdown CG took away some of the realism that made 4-6 so cinematic.

----------------------------------------------+
    | Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64
    | ABIT AN8 x32 Nforce4 SLI x16
    | AMD Athlon FX-60 Dual-Core 2.6GHz
    | Corsair 3.1 GB DDR 400 Dual-Channel
    | (2x) BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb
    | Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    | Western Digital 250Gb SATA

• DUfireDUfire Member Posts: 23
    I was lucky, I got tickets on Wednesday at 12:01 AM. People around here dont care too much for starwars. Im probably the biggest fan of the movie in the whole state. Lol. That would be kind of weird. image

Whats this little box for?
    Cows? Nahhh!

• findnolimitfindnolimit Member Posts: 112

DUfire... you wouldn't happen to be talking about a screening of the film in Paris?  I saw it last night at 12:00.  Gotta say it had some of the best sword fights I've ever seen and I loved the way it explains everything about how episode VI starts out.  Go see it guys.  You wont be dissappointed. (unless you really wanted a whole lot of wookie time)

NM DUfire... I saw it on tuesday

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

• IbarroIbarro Member Posts: 23
    It's really great. Episodes 1,2 and so episodes 4,5 and 6 so this episode 3 will definitely make Star Wars story complete... dart Vader is really the villians of all villains...

Nothing else matters

• chickensoupchickensoup Member Posts: 13
    i can't wait for the final episode.Man i hope Chewbacca will have a much bigger role than the past episodes.You cant be a spac pirate for nothing.Right Han???
  • thagoththagoth Member Posts: 6

i was fortunate enough to see it on the premiere day and i must say that it is one hell of a movie.

I was kinda skeptical however since i didnt think episode 2 was that good. however this one far surpassed my expectations.image

• lonelyrobotlonelyrobot Member Posts: 194

As a Star Wars fan (whom didn't care for the first two), I thought it was absolutely wonderful. I don't really care how anyone else perceives this one, because now I have closure. The cynics can pick it apart for all I care. I got the movie I wanted this time.

I'm still wondering what happened to Mon Mothma, though.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

**Spoiler**
    .The one thing that really bugged me about the movie (almost as much as greedo firing first) was you were always told that Darth Vader killed all the Jedi. In the movie you find out all he did was kill a few kids. The rest of the precognitive warriors got shot in the back by their own troops (hmm so much for being in tune with the force)

• RealmreaverRealmreaver Member Posts: 380

SPOILERS

Yes I read the comics and that is true... However.... in a sence that IS correct. He killed all the students.. anyone who might one day come for him... any hopes that the Jedi would be a threat died with them.... and his wife... or so he thought.

If you think one Sith could single handendly kill all the Jedi Master or apprentice or heck both... no way in hades. BUT he set up the Jedi to take a fall and with the destruction of those in the Temple he DID cause the deaths of all those Jedi.. just not directly.

As Obi said in Episode 5 'You are gonna learn the truths we cling too' are that Truths not facts. So what was stated about Vader destroying the Jedi is' true... in a manner of speaking.'

Realmreaver formally of EQ, SWG, FFXI and WoW.

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Some named of Diablo 1 and 2 =)

Grendel Kinguard of GW.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

.Yeah it's not so hung up the the "Liar, Liar" aspect so much as the idea of Jedi's that are supposed to be in tune with the force so they sense danger getting shot in the back by their own troops., that's just stupid.

• The movie was great to look at!! but overall it was a dissappointment... the story was a bit thin because you know what happens in the end... but the one-liners were really bad at times...

I still loved the entire movie though, just some aftermath reflecting :)

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

I'm not a huge star wars fan, I mean I've seen all the films and have enjoyed most of the them for what they are, I also played SWG for 2 years so I'm that constitutes as a certain amount of admiration for the series but in the end, I certainly could never hold my own in a star wars trivia session.

That being said, I'm a product of 3 older brothers and what can I say, I was happily looking forward to this newest movie. A slew of guys from my work office have been bothering me none stop to go to the midnight premier, the explanation I got was having a female along for the ride would somehow offset the sheer geekiness of the act, after a very short but painful elastic band torture session I was "convinced" to attend the premier with the boys.

GOD AM I HAPPY I WENT ! Not only did I have a great time in line with all the Fans, and I mean like right out there, dressed up, light saber totting, robe wearing fans who made me keel over in laughter so many times I can't remember but the movie was absolutly great. Keep in mind I consider myself no less then a layman fan but from my point of view the film was such great fun, I would recomend anyone to go see it asap.

I dont know if deep down crazed fans will enjoy this movie as much as I did but I can't see them being horribly dissapointed with the outcome. Either way, if you go I hope you have as much fun as I did, if it's in anyway possible, bring a bunch of hardcore fans with you... they are so worth having around ! :D

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Revenge of the Sith was amazing!

Fabulous CGI and what I really loved about this one was how many different planets they go to opposed to the previous episodes. Especially when they get to the woikee planet I was having a hard time on what to look at, my eyes were going left and right with so much detail in each scene.

I guess the only way you can be dissapointed is if your expecting some kind of shakespear performance from these characters. First of all, it's a sci-fi movie, they aren't supposed to act the same as they normally would. And second, if you came to see Star Wars for the acting, shame on you ::::35::. In my oppinion though, I think R2-D2 showed more emotion than Anaken Skywalker.

There were also cameras filming us in the theatre before it started for the news (I hope my teachers don't turn on the 6:00 news today).

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

OMG DUDE IT ROCKED i lvoed it. dude at 12:01 right when it started i was like...this is it then the text started doing the scrolly thing in space and i was omg omgogmgomgogm it was soo cool. yoda rocks he owned those royal gaurds at hte door.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Haha everyone laughed when Yoda walks through the doors and just tosses those two guards into the wall.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

yah same at my theater it was so ownage. dude yoda was like omg im pro i do flips and such and i was like =o the whole time. oh yah at our theater there was some stupid trekkie -_- omg i wanted to slap him.