Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning - Addicting game

OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

OK, so I was a fan for years of the Age of Empires series and spent several years in multiplayer.  One of the problems with AOE though was the matchmaking or lack thereof.  Basically me and my clanmates would spend literally hours in a room waiting for the right amount fo players to be brave enough to stay in the room and click ready.  For random team games, players could simply drop within the first two minutes and the game won't count against them.

I recently downloaded and have been playing Company of Heroes Online.  I never played the original version.  For a free to play game it is a fun, challenging alternative to forking out $60 for similar games like Starcraft 2. 

The battles are very strategic and there is a learning curve before you fully understand how to deal with the different tactics your enemy can employ. 

Among free to play games I highly recommend checking this one out.

Comments

• crunchybackcrunchyback Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Ozivois

OK, so I was a fan for years of the Age of Empires series and spent several years in multiplayer.  One of the problems with AOE though was the matchmaking or lack thereof.  Basically me and my clanmates would spend literally hours in a room waiting for the right amount fo players to be brave enough to stay in the room and click ready.  For random team games, players could simply drop within the first two minutes and the game won't count against them.

I recently downloaded and have been playing Company of Heroes Online.  I never played the original version.  For a free to play game it is a fun, challenging alternative to forking out $60 for similar games like Starcraft 2. 

The battles are very strategic and there is a learning curve before you fully understand how to deal with the different tactics your enemy can employ. 

Among free to play games I highly recommend checking this one out.

Game seems less on building "an empire" and more about quick battles and troop movement strategy.

I havent played an RTS since command and conquer.  The thing i liked most about those kinds of RTS, was building a badass base, and amassing an army, then fighting it out against another player.

This game doesnt seem like that type of RTS

I find myself constaly at a stalemate in this game ( i am very new to it so that may be the reason)  able to amass a " population capped" army, take it to a strategic point that would allow me to expand further, barely winning or losing that confrontation, then repeating it all over again.  Most the battles so far ive fought (against the computer at least) have gone on and on like this, usually to the point where i just logg out mid battle, tired of making my 10 tanks and 10 infantry crews and repeating the process of not winning or losing.

Plus the community seems like a bunch of real life nazi's, havent seen so much hate speech on the internet directed towards jewish people since the last time i went to a liberal politics blog.  Doesnt bother me,but im sure a lot of silent players in this game are disgusted with the topics of discussion in the game.

Other than that, seems like a pretty decent MMORPG alternative...the game itself didnt have the MMORPG beta stink on it, seems like a complete and finished game, where everything works as intended.  Real high quality tutorial with your tutorial commander speaking to you and giving step by step directions on what to do, as well as explaining everything that your doing nicely.