Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many have quit ?

Comments

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by sidebuster

Originally posted by azhrarn

I laugh at this, because,
    1. YOU CAN respec a noncombat profession into a combat one. They use the same points. I just redid my architect skills to add in pistoleer skills.
    Most of the complaints about hating Cu are a bunch of idiots that already hated the game and now have a reason to complain. The only problem with the CU is the little time it takes to get used to your character and the role you have in a group.
    For most of the CU hater posts. You probably dont know what you are talking about.

Kid, you need to go to the corner with the other brats who just can't think in broader terms than "with us or against us, with = good, against = evil".  For your personal edifiaction -- OOPS!  'Scuse me I used a word you probably won't understand.  Shame on me.  I'll use smaller ones so you stand a chance of getting it.  A large number of the people who are leaving (who appear to be twice your age AND possess twice your brainpower) LOVED Star Wars Galaxies.  Which may or may not make them geeky, but last time I checked, EVERYONE who has posted to this board is pretty geeky...but that is beside the point.
    Everyone whom I personally know that has left had very valid reasons for doing so.  The chiefest of which was that the CU made the game unenjoyable for them to play, which I must point out is a very intelligent reaction to a product you no longer find satisfactory.  YOU STOP BUYING IT.  Then you warn your friends and neighbors about whatever it was that made said product unsatisfactory.  A large number of the people who are leaving happen to be crafters and entertainers of one sort or another.  Coincidence?  I think not.
    Now allow me to give you some good advice (which you will no doubt ignore).  If you start getting the urge to insult people who have a legitimate complaint with the game -- don't.  Just STFU and play your game until the urge passes.  Help some noobs FFS, so that they too can learn to enjoy the new game.  If you need attention SO badly that you have to torment the SWG exiles, go grab Starman, strip naked, report to your local forward encampment, go spec for open PvP and run through the nearest opposing city screaming "<insert opposite faction> sucks!"  I'm sure you'll have all the attention you so obviously crave.  In the game you claim to love so much.
    In the immortal words of Fenn "KTHXDIE".
    To those, like Erillion, who are NOT getting their jollies by slapping angry, depressed gamers around, for the love of god, can I buy a bounty on these two?  Please?

If anyone sounds like at kid you do.

If you start getting the urge to insult people who have a legitimate complaint with the game -- don't.  Just STFU and play your game until the urge passes.  Help some noobs FFS, so that they too can learn to enjoy the new game.  If you need attention SO badly that you have to torment the SWG exiles, go grab Starman, strip naked, report to your local forward encampment, go spec for open PvP and run through the nearest opposing city screaming "<insert opposite faction> sucks!"  I'm sure you'll have all the attention you so obviously crave.  In the game you claim to love so much.

Right and I sound like the kid...
    Anyways, it is almost my obligation to come on to the boards and support SWG because most people use the boards to vent their fustrations. When people come to see if a game is good you got slap tards saying X games sucks because this and that.

Now let me give YOU some advise, before personally attacking some one like that make sure they did it first or you going to regret it.

Last thing, I didn't say EVERY ONE that leaving is stupid blah blah don't know what they are saying, I said most, which is true. Hell when i first tried the CU i kept getting killed by greens and cussing and /quitting, but after a while i got the hang of it and started loving it. It just goes to show you that people say things before they think

(obviously i dont have to say who).

• WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by Erillion

Originally posted by WuduLarch

I refuse to ask a guildy to stand there for many many hours doing nothing but making sure I don't get killed.
    Any suggestions? Or am I gone?

First of all .. I am level 7 and could easily kill that  level 3 fanned rawl of yours. You need to get used to your abilities and anything up to your level is doable. I am doing harvester work on Lok for hours on end and survive and evade the level 30-45 enemies there by being cautious. I am NOT yet using the grouping method doing that, but I will do it more in the future.

To make the exploration of wilderness easier and less lethal, you COULD group with a guild friend. He can then go his merry way doing anything. You however can profit from his level 80 defenses and not be one shot killed. And you are NOT forcing him to follow you around for hours. I could imagine that an organized guild could run a 24/7 bot inviting to group  low level players for just such an occasion for all those players playing at off-peak hours where finding guild members is not so easy.

Have fun

Erillion

For some reason the new system gives me a CL of 18, and I have NO combat skills. Master BE/Merchant/chef. I can't get use to abilities I do not have. Just for fun I put some points into CH and I can now kill that level 3, but I get 1xp. I would take years to progress in CH enough to get skill enough to use CL18 pets, and by then my CL will have gone up. The only way I see to be able to continue in this game is to respec my crafting, which is why I wanted to play this game, to combat in order to survive.

If I am not in a guild, should I just go around asking people to group with me so I can place harvesters? Now that the limit is 8 won't they be needing the group spots for active combatants? I have tried servicing them on my own, but I keep having mobs spawn right under the speeder and bam, I am dead. I would really like to be able to keep playing, but if I have to give up the things that I enjoy about the game, why should I bother to play it. Why should I have to do combat? Many creatures live in the Star Wars movies that never used a blaster. Why can't crafters with NO COMBAT skills and no weapon on them be non agro on all planet surfaces. I am not talking The Warrens, DWB, the Corvette, cave, theme parks, etc.. Just the planet surfaces. Would that unbalance them favorably against the combat classes? We would still need combat classes to harvest meat, just like before, but many combat chars can't survey and those that can are not going to want to place and service MY harvesters. Although, if anyone one this thread is on Corbantis and wants to do that, let me know.

• WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140

Okay. There seem to be a couple CU afficianados on this thread. I am about to close my account. Why? Because he is a "pure" crafter, a master BE/Chef. The problem is that I have to have scout for my BE which, although it isn't considered a "combat" class still causes me to be a level CL13. I have NO weapon skills. So I decide, "Well, I guess I could give up Chef since food is basically useless now". So, I can't repec non-combat to combat, right? Well, I visit a Marksman trianer and start the long grind. All bursting with anticipation I find my local mission terminal only to find that I am getting level 13 missions that I will be having to do with my alphabet blaster. Forget that!!! I skip out of town to hunt the local critters and start earning that xp. I'll be darned if there isn't a nice level 3 fanned rawl, just outside of town. Carefully I take aim and click a button. POW!!!! I am dead. Whhhhaaaattt! <cloning> Okay, well, I will take out my mount to help me with this ferocious snake. Soon the battle ensues. HOORAY!!!! I WIN!!! My prize for winning? 2xp. Not 2 K xp. Not 200xp. Not 20xp. 2. And it was double xp week. Did some talking and found out that I will have to drop scout so I can lower my CL so I can get xp to become a marksman and be able to protect myself. Guess what. I have to drop my master BE to drop scout. I am not about to continue paying SOE to ALLOW me to play a game where the last 18 months of hardwork is now for naught. Unless anyone can tell me a way to make the xp I need. And before it is suggested, I refuse to ask a guildy to stand there for many many hours doing nothing but making sure I don't get killed.
    Any suggestions? Or am I gone?

I laugh at this, because,

1. YOU CAN respec a noncombat profession into a combat one. They use the same points. I just redid my architect skills to add in pistoleer skills.

Most of the complaints about hating Cu are a bunch of idiots that already hated the game and now have a reason to complain. The only problem with the CU is the little time it takes to get used to your character and the role you have in a group.

For most of the CU hater posts. You probably dont know what you are talking about.

As you point out, I am wrong about the respec. I applogize.

As far as my intelligence is concerned, I am amazed that you can determine that from one or two posts on a message board. I did not HATE the game and still don't. My complaint has always been, "Why did the some crafters and all the entertainers have to be sacrificed for the combat upgrade. I have no doubt that to many people the combat upgrade is really great. However I do not feel the need to call them "idiots" just because our opinions differ.

As for my role in a group. What is the role of a Master BE/Merchant/Chef in a group? (LOL!!! Can you imagine a death squad of chefs attacking a mob with spatchula's and skewers!!! ROFLMAO!!! What is the damage mitigation of an apron!!!! Sorry, the image just popped into my head.)

Respectfully

Wudu Larch

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    I am also sorry if i came on too strong, that can happen when you try to type what you are feeling.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

For some reason the new system gives me a CL of 18,
    ---> HHmm, do you have a combat droid grouped ? Or a pet ? It could also be that the BE is counted as partially combat oriented because he has to go out into the wilderness and get DNA samples.
    and I have NO combat skills. Master BE/Merchant/chef. I can't get use to abilities I do not have.
    --> No abilities, even from novice professions ? Keep in mind that the DNA sampling IS some kind of combat attack as quite a few creatures die from the sampling procedure.
    Just for fun I put some points into CH and I can now kill that level 3, but I get 1xp. I would take years to progress in CH enough to get skill enough to use CL18 pets, and by then my CL will have gone up.
    --> Just take a mission from a terminal and you get creature at your level you are able to defeat ( I know .. I tested that with my CL 7 and my CL 60). Keep in mind that a CL of 18 means you can use certain weapons which - even at standard auto attack - can kill creatures at or around your level and for those you get more than 1 Xp (more like 400 XP). A pet or droid can help you with that. And you as BE can create pets with CL as low as you want.
    The only way I see to be able to continue in this game is to respec my crafting, which is why I wanted to play this game, to combat in order to survive.
    --> I have a crafter who is Master DE, Master Merchant, master artisan .. with the only combat abilitybeing  unarmed 4. And he is doing fine. you dont have to respec to combat if you dont want. My other character is a crafter fighter hybrid (Master Shipwright, master smuggler, pistoleer) and has CL 60 .. which means she can use almost all weapons (highest CL required for non-signature weapons is CL 54).

If I am not in a guild, should I just go around asking people to group with me so I can place harvesters?

--> Yes. Thats what /planet chat is for. Is that a problem for you ? A large friend list would be even better.

Now that the limit is 8 won't they be needing the group spots for active combatants?

--> You would be surprised. My experience is that people are more willing to help than one expects. Of course, being in a guild would be even more helpful. And there are enough guilds that do not restrict your freedom and have no problems with members that are "casual" gamers or do not want to be at guild events all the time.

I have tried servicing them on my own, but I keep having mobs spawn right under the speeder and bam, I am dead.

--> AHHH, thats it. You are driving too fast. Spawns are not really happening that fast. Drive slowly, switch on your overhead map and drive around red spots. In the rare cases where a new spawn appears unexpectedly ... there is a few seconds delay between their appearance and  their aggro behaviour kicking in. Enough to drive away. And yes, sometimes you may die. But thats what the cloner is for. I think I die once a week or so with the CL 7.

--> Things to keep in mind ... you can service from up to 30 m away. You dont HAVE to place the harvester at maximum percentage if there is a red mob there. Place it 50 m away at a loss of 1-2 % and you are still perfectly ok.

I would really like to be able to keep playing, but if I have to give up the things that I enjoy about the game, why should I bother to play it. Why should I have to do combat? Many creatures live in the Star Wars movies that never used a blaster. Why can't crafters with NO COMBAT skills and no weapon on them be non agro on all planet surfaces.

--> Now ... that DOES sound unrealistic, does it not ? Dathomir is supposed to be dangerous. IMHO you would soon be bored if you are invulnerable on adventure planets. Being in danger adds spice to your game. And grouping is not as bad as you seem to think it is ... the SWG community is a pretty helpful bunch, even complete strangers. A suggestion ... try to befriend a ranger ... they are DARN GOOD in making you almost invisible with their camouflage ability. And for that they dont have to be their with you ... they just give you their camo paint kits.

I am not talking The Warrens, DWB, the Corvette, cave, theme parks, etc.. Just the planet surfaces. Would that unbalance them favorably against the combat classes? We would still need combat classes to harvest meat, just like before, but many combat chars can't survey and those that can are not going to want to place and service MY harvesters. Although, if anyone one this thread is on Corbantis and wants to do that, let me know.

--> Check the "Who plays on which server" thread in the "People and Species" section.

--> have fun , Erillion

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

This thread was about who termed swg accounts right?

I did since. Active 2 accounts since day 1. 

Reasons:

1. CU level system is totally homosexual and ruins combat. Hard level systems suck.

2. I loved the combat que and the ability to build player specific combinations of actions.  It was unique and done to perfection.  The button pushing toolbar watching is quite a downgrade of the system all to do away with macro's which everyone claimed to hate but used extensively.  Frankly the CU took the que away because it was to hard for the average retarded american child.

3.  The sounds, special effects and icons take away from the star wars feel of the game. 

I tolerated the abyssmal bugginess of swg because it was star wars.  This current incarnation is not star wars even if the made blasters more prevaliant then swords.  To expect players to pay for this system in its current state is laughable.  I fully expect this game to hit rock bottom soon.  Those who mock the people who speak out against swg are just fanboi's.  The game has been getting the same review since day 1.  Buggy and needs content and work.  The cu has been buggy and swg dev's and lucas arts junior executive ass clowns can claim that they worked through the testing throughly all day but anyone with 2 brain cells can just check there public forums to find a host of bugs reported and never fixed.  The only place you cannot check is the cu testing because they deleted the player responses begging for further testing.  It was not and still isn't ready for play by the general population and that is why as CNN put it so eloquantly the game is a bust.

Suck it SOE.  Guild wars has a new customer.   I hope swg fails on its face so I get the game I and a majority of the players want.  Check the cu polls fanboi homo's.  80% hated the cu.  Translation for the fanboi's.  Only homosexual soe/lucas arts star wars fanboi's are going to pay to play that pile of steaming bantha dung.

• AtomicusAtomicus Member Posts: 202
    Three of us in my family no longer play SWG along with 10 coworkers from my father's job. It became evident that SOE was making the poor choices when they started to change the Jedi system and it was only a matter of time before SOE continued massive changes that would dramatically alter the gameplay. SOE's SWG will be another MMORPG that will go under much like Horizons and Shadowbane if they dont get their act together. In my opinion, SOE is not the only one hitting the dirt as I see more and more games being released prematurely for some reason or another. Im not just talking about MMOs but single player RPGs as well like Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Dungeon Lords.

----------------------------------------------+
    | Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64
    | ABIT AN8 x32 Nforce4 SLI x16
    | AMD Athlon FX-60 Dual-Core 2.6GHz
    | Corsair 3.1 GB DDR 400 Dual-Channel
    | (2x) BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb
    | Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    | Western Digital 250Gb SATA

• WWITWWIT Member Posts: 63

I have cancelled both my accounts and have till @27th till they expire.

I loved this game and realy tryed to live with the CU but cant any longer.  I know that grouping is the only way now so I went back to hook up with my old guild that had @ 125 members proir to the CU, but like me most have quit. I noticed that the 50 or so that I still had on my friends list werent on at all when I was on.

My mains were on Azazi which was one one the most populated servers and hardly anyone around anymore. Most of the time if I find groups clumped together, its for social value only. Very few seem to run missions anymore.

The missions are bugged something awful. While grouped Ive been yanked off my swoop by quenkers and killed just traveling to the mission lair...this has happened many times...sometimes that destroy the swoopbike also.

In a last ditch hope that maybe SOE will revert back I do sign in and wander around to different planets and cities and see how quiet the starports/cantinas/med centers have become. Its almost errie.

Last night I set up a newb toon just to see what I could do as a beginer marksman. The very first mynock lair I attempted was bugged......me and the mynock were pounding each other for damage, but neither of us actually took damage. I was seeing -120 constantly overhead, but my ham didnt go down. I logged off and tryed to log back in to see what would happen....but the Tempest Server wouldnt reconect me...gggrrrrrrrr

I give up. 18 months of countless hours of play time just got flushed.

When I see all these I love the CU posts It makes me wonder how many people work for SOE and are told that they must open an account with all these different online forums to try to sway any potential new player to cough up the money to play this trainwreck of a game. IF there are so many CU lovers out there, were are you in game? I cant find you.

Originally posted by WWIT

When I see all these I love the CU posts It makes me wonder how many people work for SOE and are told that they must open an account with all these different online forums to try to sway any potential new player to cough up the money to play this trainwreck of a game. IF there are so many CU lovers out there, were are you in game? I cant find you.

Hi :-)  Naritus. Lok. City of LoknLoad. Playing at European hours on a US server. See you there !

Although I guess that was more of a rhetorical question.

To show you that the pro-CU posters are not necessarily paid SOE employees ... here is our guild homepage http://www.impslave.com/forum2/   and we have been in the game since summer 2003.

Have fun

Erillion

Hi :-)  Naritus. Lok. City of LoknLoad. Playing at European hours on a US server. See you there !

Although I guess that was more of a rhetorical question.

To show you that the pro-CU posters are not necessarily paid SOE employees ... here is our guild homepage http://www.impslave.com/forum2/   and we have been in the game since summer 2003.

Have fun

Erillion

imageYes that was rhetorical and intended to be tongue in cheek. 

Im sure that there are still some old timers out there that have happily adapted to the CU. But I would guess at 2 things that apply. #1 most of the CU happy folks were players that were realy into grouping for RP or grinding before the CU and now get XP galore if they group correctly and then take on missions that are averaged for the group. Many including myself have proved countless times that the lone player just cant cut it anymore. 

#2 I guessing that the CU has turned the grouping minority into the majority on some servers.

• swg_playeraswg_playera Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by admriker444

Any guesses or websites reporting anything ? Im curious cause Ive seen so many many goodbye posts in the past week. Players who swore they'd play until the servers shut down are posting the goodbyes.
    Someone at SWG posted 1/4 population loss currently and growing. From what I recall from that graph posted here previously, SWG had 225 players. So 25% loss would mean almost 60k players wow.
    Maybe devs are counting on Episode 3 to get new players but personally I dont see them getting that many. Too much bad press, bad word of mouth, and a complex learning curve (although quite dumbed down now) will keep the kiddies playing WoW and Guildwars. I'd be shocked if SWG gained 10k new players that stay past 1 month.
    And it will soon be 60,002 accounts lost if they dont fix the CU. I cant even play at the moment, between the servers being down and jedi totally broken I cant play at all.

Dear admriker444,

I am still in game and its amazing how many have left.  Readers can choose to belive this or not but it is the truth.  I have been playing since launch of the game and for 2 years there has been non-stop activity in game.  PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THE GAME IN DROVES.   Coronet is the mecca of the universe and if u visited it on any given day you'd see at least 30-50 poeple just lingering around the starport.  Weekends coronet was mobbed.   Now on a friday or saturday night u might find 10 people there if your lucky.  the cantina  all but abandoned.  

Even many who were saying ahh stop bitching CU is coming deal with it.  Are now saying, yea everyone was right,  Combat Upgrade is horrible and everyone's leaving.  They took a truely unique MMORPG exciting, fun and complicated and dulled it to the point where its like watching old people F... well u know.... . I'm losing friends at an alarming rate in game and with the system as it is now where u cannot do anything worthwhile alone, its growing more and more grim. 

I hope things change  i really do.  i have been completely addicted to SWG the way it was pre-Combat Upgrade and yea it needed work but it was unique and fun and people were heavily devoted to the game.  we'd make 3-6 hour runs of combat and love it.  now i'm lucky if we can get an hour of combat without gettin bored

I cannot see how SOE / Lucasarts / SWG can ignore the player loss.  They are saying in interviews how the combat upgrade is a success, but i am in game and DIRECTLY AFTER COMBAT UPGRADE TONS OF PLAYERS HAVE QUIT.  planets are literally desolate now and game bugs are a plenty ...

• txrextxrex Member CommonPosts: 16

I am thinking bout starting SWG for the first time. I dont care about the CU cuz i am just starting so i wont hurt me as much and i am a pretty easy player to please. (played and had fun with free and cheap MMOlG). I just worried bout the community. I dont want to play in an empty universe...or even more frightening is to see the game really go south after only a few months of playing (happened with me with Earth and beyond) On the other hand, if i think the community will rebound i see it as a opportunity because the playing field is a bit more leveled. What does everyone think?

I see the community already rebounding - especially new crafters taking over from the old that left. And that the game is sold out in almost every shop as has been reported in other threads tells me that the population is growing again.

IMHO the holocron insanity in 2004 was a much greater danger to the game than the recent combat revamp. We survived and the game got better ... and the same will happen again this time.

Have fun

Erillion

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817
    Just make your character on Naritus galaxy and hunt down Erillion's guild, or you'll be very, very lonely.

Originally posted by azhrarn
    Just make your character on Naritus galaxy and hunt down Erillion's guild, or you'll be very, very lonely.

*** hands over Staff of Honor to La Geekette ***

/push

She handles recruiting from here, right ?!!!!

/wicked grin

/sit

/grabs his Mandalorian wine

/streches legs and digs into his Bantha steak

/chuckle

Have fun

Erillion

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

SWG will be profitable enough for some time to come. I'm sure if SWG keeps it's head above the 200k mark, SOE will continue to invest in the game.

My personal belief is tha SOE will sell the rights to SWG to a smaller gaming company, like Turbine, at some point.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• swg_playeraswg_playera Member Posts: 3

I see the community already rebounding

This is concretely untrue at least on two of the servers i play on. 

The community is not growing , it IS shrinking daily.  It's just what i see, and i play daily.

I wish everyone would come back i really do. . .

• JimudJimud Member Posts: 252
    the second the total experiance comes out wont a shit load of people from all over the world buy it? there 4 replace the people that left the game?

Im guessing thats what SOE is hoping will happen.

But then the game will be filled with clueless new players all begging each other for credits after they blow the first 5k that they get when born on some POS "UBER" weapon that they dont qualify for and cant use......um yeah that sounds like fun. lol

I can see it now....any vet wearing thier HELPER banner that decides to stay with the game is gonna be mobbed like a bear on bacon by the new players.....hehe

I truely beleive that SOE is working towards turning SWG into a PlayStation game that will share servers with the PC players. This will bring in another new aspect to the game....8 year olds! Im not saying that thier arent young kids playing now but there arent that many and what few played ussually got frustrated and quit early. SWG just wasnt a pre-teen game. Even alot of the teen players I knew didnt stay long.....many times Ive heard from friends that I didnt even know how young they were tell me that thier parents were making them quit....didnt want to keep paying $15 a month for the kid top play a game. 

IMHO SOE is taking SWG towards the younger crowd, which is backfiring on them atm. Seeing that its a pay to play game makes me wonder what SOE has up thier marketing sleeve to get mom and dad to fork over $15 bucks a months so that Jr. can try and be a Jedi?

Originally posted by swg_playera

I see the community already rebounding

This is concretely untrue at least on two of the servers i play on. 

The community is not growing , it IS shrinking daily.  It's just what i see, and i play daily.

I wish everyone would come back i really do. . .

What servers are you playing on ? I am on Naritus. Yes, it may be quite different depending on which server you are playing.

Have fun

Erillion

I can see it now....any vet wearing thier HELPER banner that decides to stay with the game is gonna be mobbed like a bear on bacon by the new players.....hehe

So ?

We HAVE the money, HAVE the resources, HAVE the experience and patience to help a few dozen players personally ... no problem.

I will gladly "suffer" that way ...

Have fun

Erillion

• dbelgarddbelgard Member Posts: 10

Unfortunally, in order to replace the lost player base, it will take more than a few dozen players.

You will need to help hundreds of players: learn the game, attain skills, and purchase equipment.

It will be much more of a drain to create a knowledgeable, fun community than you are giving credit for.

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

Originally posted by dbelgard

Unfortunally, in order to replace the lost player base, it will take more than a few dozen players.
    You will need to help hundreds of players: learn the game, attain skills, and purchase equipment.
    It will be much more of a drain to create a knowledgeable, fun community than you are giving credit for.

I suspect this is the attitude that prompted a large portion of the surviving community to become so cliquish and middleschool that it drove me off the game.  The reality is, that if those who survived the CU and prospered all decided to be real men and women and help out those who couldn't adjust on their own instead of either ignoring them or treating them like crap, there would be a lot less in the way of lost noobs and furious vet cancellations.  Not that it could save every account, mind you, but it could have had, and might still potentially have a very positive effect on the survival/success of the game.

This doesn't excuse SoE's CS, management and devs for the EXECRABLE way they have handled this entire affair, but it certainly is a reflection on the community.  And when it comes down to it, it is the COMMUNITY that makes or breaks an MMO.

As someone who loathes what they have done to the game, I have to say that I'll still back people like Erillion who want to do something positive to save it.  It takes a lot of spine, a lot of cajones and a lot of heart to try and convince someone like me not to walk away after the treatment I've recieved not just from those corporate warthogs at SoE, but from the playerbase as well in the wake of the CU.  It takes a lot of intelligence and maturity to try to help angry, confused people adjust to having been forced to accept what they feel is being ripped off for a game they've bought and paid for not just in money but in time and emotional investment.  It's NOT easy to do.  But THAT is the strength of character I learned to love when I became part of the pre-CU community and what I have seen lacking in the majority of CU supporters both here and on other forums.

The thing is, organized groups of people like Erillion and his guild on Naritus, who think it's worth the effort and investment are pretty much the only thing that stands between you and the death of the game in the next year.  And to be brutally frank, if they succeed in helping newcomers adjust, those newcomers are very likely to add their time and effort towards helping in that direction, which over time stands to restore the SWG community to something stable and worthwhile again.  Which will eventually leave those people who choose to hoard information, who withhold help from people struggling to figure out the game and who think it's cool to insult and ostracise those who are walking away in angry frustration back where they were BEFORE the CU happened -- at the bottom of the game barrel, wondering why they aren't big man on campus and eating their shrivelled, cold hearts out with envy of those who got where they were by thinking of someone besides themselves.

Which is why I haven't just told the lot of you to go get stuffed.  Because there's a little bit of that in me still.  Even after I had everything I'd labored over ripped away and suffered a ridiculous amount of juvenile crap from the lowest common denominator in SWG's corner of the gaming arena.  It just takes one person doing the right thing to change a person's mind.

Really, SoE should hire Erillion.  Or someone like him.  Because they really could stand to pay someone who actually is trying to do the RIGHT thing.

So ?

We HAVE the money, HAVE the resources, HAVE the experience and patience to help a few dozen players personally ... no problem.

I will gladly "suffer" that way ...

Have fun

Erillion

maybe I need to move to Natairus or whatever server it is......

........naw I still hate group huntingimage

• JimudJimud Member Posts: 252

Im guessing thats what SOE is hoping will happen.
    But then the game will be filled with clueless new players all begging each other for credits after they blow the first 5k that they get when born on some POS "UBER" weapon that they dont qualify for and cant use......um yeah that sounds like fun. lol
    I truely beleive that SOE is working towards turning SWG into a PlayStation game that will share servers with the PC players. This will bring in another new aspect to the game....8 year olds! Im not saying that thier arent young kids playing now but there arent that many and what few played ussually got frustrated and quit early. SWG just wasnt a pre-teen game. Even alot of the teen players I knew didnt stay long.....many times Ive heard from friends that I didnt even know how young they were tell me that thier parents were making them quit....didnt want to keep paying $15 a month for the kid top play a game. 
    IMHO SOE is taking SWG towards the younger crowd, which is backfiring on them atm. Seeing that its a pay to play game makes me wonder what SOE has up thier marketing sleeve to get mom and dad to fork over $15 bucks a months so that Jr. can try and be a Jedi?

lol im a teen image 16 to be procice but im used to the whole mmorpg thing seen as though i was playing my first one from the age of 11 till 14 ish with afew quits for other games.i have a short attention span but unlike most im like a fish (Ooo this is fun *bored* ...forget what im doing while clicking.Oo this is fun over n over).Money wise i am quite alright because when i go out i get about 30 quid wich is about ermmm 60 us dolla maybe more.So for one weekend i stay in and not go out to pay for the game saves my parents money lol.Not all teenagers are the same you will get afew that have been playing games 4 a while n wont just go "wot i cant be a jedi from start this is dumb the whole game is dumb im going n canclinng my account NOW!" u'll get others that will be like Oo i get to be a bounty hunter like bobba :D sweeeeeeeeeeta.But i think they had plans for SWG to go on the XBOX and PS2 but threw them ideas away around augest last year.But if it did come out for ps2 and xbox i would be really surpized,maybe on the xbox 360 and what ever sony are calling there new system maybe but for normal ps2 and xbox i highly doubt it.

My long ass writing about afew diffrent subjects wich i got carried away typing

Jim image