Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you looking for?

CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

This is pretty straight forward, what are you looking forward to in this game?

This is the list of features from the games website.

Features
Roleplay

* Fully customizable characters, including different faces, hair, and skin color
* Thousands of items - clothing, body art, weapons, armor and objects of varying power and ability
* A rich and evolving universe with storyline based missions
* Unlimited character based growth in skills, stats, and special abilities

Strategy

* Team based missions requiring planning and tactics not just brute force
* Smart creatures that will challenge players abilities by reacting not just acting
* Environmental features that have strategic impact on play actions
* Sniper view, night vision goggles, and various sensor arrays

Action

* Incredibly detailed, character driven, animation system Player can enter Stealth mode for higher accuracy during combat
* Dozens of different weapons, from knives to plasma cannons, all customizable with various attachments
* Death match arenas and capture the flag scenarios

Driving

* A world so big you'll need a vehicle to cover the vast landscape
* Various vehicles from single occupancy to multi-passenger vehicles
* Customizable vehicles - armor, weapons, onboard systems
* Roadways connecting far flung outposts and affecting your car's performance

Exploration

* A massive world with forgotten technologies ready to be reused…
* Huge abandoned underground complexes…
* First encounters with mutated species…
* Story lines revealed through player interaction

Economic and Social Simulation

* Scavenge remnants of the old world for knowledge and profit
* Develop trade skills for wealth and power
* Establish trade routes and caravans across vast and dangerous expanses
* Players can aid in the maintainence and expansion of towns and outposts as well as owning complexes

Also, its a freaking Post-Apocalyptic MMORPG/FPS!!

Games Tried:
Everquest (boring)
Earth and Beyond (kinda fun, kinda boring)
Planetside (rather play Counter-Strike)
Lineage 2 (see Everquest above, plus too many PKers and Bots)
Guild Wars [E3 trial] (Not too bad, nothing very new though)
Eve Online (somewhat fun, somewhat repetetive)
WoW (not my cup of tea)

Waiting for:
Fallen Earth (Post-apoc just rules!)

Waiting For: something good
Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

Comments

• DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 173

Im a pretty big FPS gamer so one of the things Im looking forward to is being able to attack how I want to, not how the game wants, ie: point and click. I fell in love with the RGP genre ever since Fallout came but what really bugged me was the fact that you had no chance in hell to beat someone who is a higher level, ie: A level 5 against a level 50. Combat skills are pretty much now totally left up to the player's skill and not skills that you gain when leveling.

Other then that, I would have to say that I look most forward to the exploration of the Fallen Earth World itself. Being able to explore fallout shelters and old abandoned bases and underground sewage systems, ie: New Yorks underground system would be really cool, especially when finding old tech.

• kingdanekingdane Member Posts: 11

I'm looking forward to the roleplaying. I normally don't say that because I've never been a big roleplaying fan but when I heard a few things about this game I got this great idea for a character. So now i want to make this character and roleplay him to the fullest. The thing that got me was the genetic reconstruction option in the game. The first thing that I thought was "Everybody is going to rush to these in hopes of becoming superhuman." but then I thought. "What if there was a person who was completely pure, Never indulged in the manipulation of his genes. So thats where my character comes in. Someone who refuses to alter himself in anyway. I thought this would make for a great character and also a good challenge as far as the game goes. It'll be difficult to fight against people with the speed and reflexes of a cat when all I have are my wits. But it will most likely lead to my untimely demise.... Over.... and over.... again, but "oh well" it'll be fun.

Kingdaneimage

• CliveClive Member Posts: 65

If any of you have ever played Alternity (its like a futuristic version of DnD) they have a system for cybernetic implants and modifying your body, basicly if its antyhing major you get a chance of getting more cykosis points and eventually if you mod yourself to crap you start becoming less and less you (the GM eventually makes you do random things, that might possibly endanger you, like taking a random pot shot at a civvy for no aparent reason) basicly you go insane.

There could also be a system like that in FE where getting modified will have great benifits, but too much of it could have potentially hazardous (and unforseen) consequences. So it might not necessarily be a bad idea to be "purely" human

That's pretty cool! Don't remember reading about that anywhere. Icarus Spy be you? image

Other then the combat, Im really looking forward to exploration, especially underground systems, sewars and such. Walking out in the middle of no where and suddenly stumbling upon NORAD would be cool to, always wanted to nuke Whales...

Nah, military installations would be cool to find, and anything secret'ish like area 51 of whatever. I generally like to go places the government doesn't let me, curiosity maybe

• LockmartLockmart Member Posts: 33

Kingdane, thats a cool concept, reminds me of The Enclave from Fallout 2 ::::20::

I'd certainly like to avoid getting any mutations or inplants that cause obvious changes to the physical appearance, no tails, scales, or whiskers and the like.

The whole idea of having to maintain your 'humanity' versus too many mutations/implants/etc. is an excellent idea. Hopefully most players would then just get upgrades tailored to their particular play style, but would not result in experienced characters being virtual inhuman gods. This way a new character could look at someone with the max number of upgrades and still say "Hey I can catch up someday" instead of the experienced players being forever out of reach.

The downside to that though would be the high likelyhood that everyone will Min/Max their mutations to get the uber-leet-dude combat character and everyone will wind up being the same (or unable to compete!)

Reminds me of Shadowrun cyber-implants ::::09::

Too many DNA changes or mutations can kill a person... Or so they say... Even if people do that, they still will be able to die just as easy. Armor is the only real thing providing any protection. But who knows, they might surprise us.

• kingdanekingdane Member Posts: 11
    Okay, I need to change my vote, I just got done watchin "The Road Warrior" and I have to say that the vehicles will be what I'm looking forward to the most. I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a shootout on the highway with a some PVP biker gang. I wonder how much customization they're going to allow for vehicles. I hope to god it's not like SWG where the best you can do is a paintjob. I just hope there is a lot of special options for vehicles.

• LockmartLockmart Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Delgado
    Too many DNA changes or mutations can kill a person... Or so they say... Even if people do that, they still will be able to die just as easy. Armor is the only real thing providing any protection. But who knows, they might surprise us.

Where did you hear about the DNA change limit? How will that be implemented? As I understand it, if I 'die' then I'll just respawn somehow just like any other mmorpg. Will I be a clone, and if so, will I be a clone of what I was at time of death, or a clone of my basic human form?

If I'm a clone of what I died as, then won't I still have all the same DNA mods, and hence just drop dead again, ie a virtual perma-death as I die every time I get out of the cloning chamber?

If its the basic human form then... wow either DNA mods must be either easy to come by, or death has a nice big meaning to it now ::::23::

I'm sure the reality is something different than either of those, like a Humanity rating which you just can't mod yourself below.

There will be DNA mods that make survival easier. I'm thinking Regenerative Healing for sure (Yeah hit me hard enough fast enough and I'm still toast, but dont hit me and let me hide in a building for 30 seconds) and probably some kind of "Thick Hide" "Dermal Armor" deal. I agree that pretty much anything larger than a .22 hitting you in the head should be near instant detah if you're wearing less than Power Armor. I'd say instant death, but in the land of latency one hit kills are a bit unbalanced. CS AWP whores unite! ::::14::

• RadzikRadzik Member Posts: 73

I think there should be a limit on gene splicings depending on your stats. Say your limit is 3. If you want to get a different gene...you have to get rid of one of the others to make room. I say have it depend on your stats as to reward veteran players. Stats take time to increase, and since this game has no level system (I think) stats are the only difference in a new player and a vet. If anyone was allowed any amount of gene splicings, whats to stop noobs from getting uber 2 days into the game?

I know I read about it somewhere, just cant remember where. Ok, basically, its geared towards to many changes making to body reject whatever it is and you die. Think that means death and your either cloned as before you trired to add something new or you die and start fresh. No clue really though, I just know I saw it mentioned somewhere.

I think they are doing this to make sure people dont buff up with everything they can get their hands on. I also think there will be a limit to the number of DNA mutations one can do. But dont quote me on that... image

• blucommunistblucommunist Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by kingdane

The first thing that I thought was "Everybody is going to rush to these in hopes of becoming superhuman."

I think that the devs would think about that possibility. Since most people are shameless exploiters if they get the chance (for example see DAOC). Not to mention that this would be an easy problem to fix. Capping the ablity Or making it SUPER expensive OR making it a quest item Or only making it availible to certain classes at a certiain level. That would cut out the exploiters because they don't like to do the work to get that far anyways.

As for the rest of the game I can't wait to get my post-apoc grove on....image

"Despite what they tell you the original RAY's is on 7th ave."

Originally posted by blucommunist

As for the rest of the game I can't wait to get my post-apoc grove on....image

HAHA!!! Took the words right outta my mouth. The simple way of doing that it making you have a failure rate and limiting the ammount of DNA mutations to lets say 2 to 3. Then the only thing left to do is class each DNA under certain specifications allowing you to have only one from each class.