Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New gamebreaking bugs

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I don't understand how the game can even function without an item database of some sort. Maybe it's just missing indexes or create dates or something but it just seems like a base back end feature would be a database containing all the items in the game telling you from who and from where they originated. Seems like that would make it easy to track and remove duplicated items and items that were sold. Of course, I've never written an mmorpg so I could be totally off here.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by shogunone

Check this out....

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57889-how-get-rich-ban-tryin.html

Old Today, 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterCrafter View Post

All this image shows is that... the duping has been in for awhile ( weeks ) not like what some SV claims... MY question though is why did the devs wait to fix it until the entire damn server knew.

Weeks? Buddy, people have been duping since launch. They keep fixing the old ways, but new ones constantly pop up, the user base is just too creative

I love the guy defending the numbers in the screen shot.  LOL  image

I win!!! LOL@U

• shogunoneshogunone Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Check this out....

Old Today, 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterCrafter View Post

All this image shows is that... the duping has been in for awhile ( weeks ) not like what some SV claims... MY question though is why did the devs wait to fix it until the entire damn server knew.

Weeks? Buddy, people have been duping since launch. They keep fixing the old ways, but new ones constantly pop up, the user base is just too creative

I love the guy defending the numbers in the screen shot.  LOL  image

What I think is better is Shinzon saying the reason there are dupes is the users being creative instead of it being SV's absolute amaturish coding..

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Jeez, what a nightmare... this game needs to be put down already... at least they tried.

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Seems like a large contingent (>40%) want either a full server wipe or a full item wipe.  Even some guild leaders:

SS's stance on exploiting and duping has always been 0 tolerance. My account is open for inspection and always has been. We have constantly reported all exploits that have been found in guild, and always worked hard to get them out of game.

This is not a new problem kids. Its a problem that has been in game since day one. Certain guilds at release abused dupe bugs, Price bugs, and any other bug they found in game. We vets may remember a certain sombody giving another certain someone 100 catipult deeds befor he left MO. And we may remember that person got those deeds on day one of TC patch when they did not cost money to buy them.

Anyway you look at it their has always been a imbalance in game due to many issiues. Now that its seems finally open for discussion lets as a community come together to fix it. I voted for the first option but would also support a wipe if thats needed.

What is also interesting is that the guildleader of  Forsaken is also making the case for a full wipe:

Honestly, as leader of a largely merchant guild, I can say that the detrimental effect of a wipe of any kind would be outweighed by the fact that when we re-start - our time invested would be far more profitable since the economy wont be skewed.

Forsaken has built everything it has legit (as far as I know, I can't read peoples minds) and I honestly think we would all give it up and restart to have our time be worth putting in again.

It is difficult for us to make profits off of our time currently because a lot of materials simply do not sell. Yet they are clearly still in circulation.

I know some of the rugular posters here are members of that guild.  I look forward to their input on this discussion...

Slapshot I pleaded with henrick on numerous occasions about 1 month after release to wipe the server fix the major issues associated with Duping and re- release with a statement claiming they had no choice but to wipe. It would have given them instant credibility and if they were up front and honest they would have gained the respect of the community. He told me it was not an option and never would be. I guess a better option is where they currently stand about to go bankrupt and lose the remaining subscribers which probably numbers under 200.

This game is now the laughing stock of the MMO community and to be honest the people still playing it are bigger fools than the CEO himself.

Originally posted by Heretique

Wonder when this game is actually going to shut down, seeing as problems erupt constantly - people aren't going to just "go with it" for long. Mortal Online, great idea - really wish it WORKED. If they can sell it to another company that would be grand.

Dont think selling it would help, MO needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. 

I win!!! LOL@U

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Waht I find pathetic is that players started a begging thread in order to get devs attention to a game breaking bug..

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by Toferio

Waht I find pathetic is that players started a begging thread in order to get devs attention to a game breaking bug..

It's not pathetic for MO, it's their standard operating procedure.

It's sad for the rest of the world of MMOs.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

CEO replies to a post complaiing that there has been no official update on the dupe scandal:

In short, we have banned multiple account and items ingame, and are still doing so while we go through the db, like we said before, we are still doing it. There are minor cases that aint critical, but we still ban them for doing it. All the obvious standing out dupes is gone and will not be able to spread to other players. We will not hang out players here on the community like we said before, and like we said we are taking action against this, not only now, but this is something we do pretty much every day/week. In terms of cheats exploits and dupes. Its just that we dont mention it every time we ban a few accounts. This time a lot of the people got aware of one incident because of some more public information but we still work as much against this area nonstop not only now, its an ever going process, and we always have to be prepared and work with this as well.

Thanks

CEO, Founder & Game designer

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

Originally posted by cirsyndic

Suffice to say, couple of months back I handed out 250,000 gold out to pretty much every guild on the server. Did they notice it? Mhmmmm yeah right. :)

[mod edit]

Seriously?  I thought a couple of months ago, you also represented that your clan had the only "legit" keep in the game.

CEO replies to a post complaiing that there has been no official update on the dupe scandal:

In short, we have banned multiple account and items ingame, and are still doing so while we go through the db, like we said before, we are still doing it. There are minor cases that aint critical, but we still ban them for doing it. All the obvious standing out dupes is gone and will not be able to spread to other players. We will not hang out players here on the community like we said before, and like we said we are taking action against this, not only now, but this is something we do pretty much every day/week. In terms of cheats exploits and dupes. Its just that we dont mention it every time we ban a few accounts. This time a lot of the people got aware of one incident because of some more public information but we still work as much against this area nonstop not only now, its an ever going process, and we always have to be prepared and work with this as well.

Thanks

CEO, Founder & Game designer

So SV only "fix" is to be semi-reactive to these issues?  image   

I win!!! LOL@U

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Goes like  this - game launches, guild grinds for a week or whatever to build a keep (one of first I think). Sit back, realise keep is useless, and that everyone else is duping to get a keep/whatever and say f**k this let's share the wealth. At that point all it did was level the playing field between the dupers and the rest. The game economy has been fubar since launch, and nothing short of a server wipe will fix it since SV can't track objects in their database it seems.

He never said employed as such, he was a GM/CS or something  with a free account as payment.

Originally posted by Betel

Goes like  this - game launches, guild grinds for a week or whatever to build a keep (one of first I think). Sit back, realise keep is useless, and that everyone else is duping to get a keep/whatever and say f**k this let's share the wealth. At that point all it did was level the playing field between the dupers and the rest. The game economy has been fubar since launch, and nothing short of a server wipe will fix it since SV can't track objects in their database it seems.

He never said employed as such, he was a GM/CS or something  with a free account as payment.

Thats like bailing out a sinking ship, without fixing the leaks...

You'll be in the "same boat" sooner or later.

I win!!! LOL@U

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Henrick replies to another poster asking for a wipe (The thread he posted in has a poll which shows shows about 64% wanted a wipe of items or full wipe):

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1091671-post44.html

Here is my favorite part (the finale):

Dont forget about the decent large group of players that do not wish to register and show them self on the forums, that portion is larger than most players think on this forum I think. They will also get an unpleasant surprise and most likely leave the game forever since theres been an enormous investment in this game for many players. And those players registered or not, should not get punished due to a few players duping/exploiting and spreading rumors based on no facts. The smarter step would be to take those players out instead, which we are.

Thank you for your interest in this matter and your understanding on why we do not or cannot wipe the server in Mortal Online.

I just found this to be humorous.  His closing paragraph says that they cannot wipe the server because some people do not check the forums and would be surprised. 

PS: Thread is now locked.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Henrick replies to another poster asking for a wipe (The thread he posted in has a poll which shows shows about 64% wanted a wipe of items or full wipe):

Dont forget about the decent large group of players that do not wish to register and show them self on the forums, that portion is larger than most players think on this forum I think. They will also get an unpleasant surprise and most likely leave the game forever since theres been an enormous investment in this game for many players. And those players registered or not, should not get punished due to a few players duping/exploiting and spreading rumors based on no facts. The smarter step would be to take those players out instead, which we are.

Thank you for your interest in this matter and your understanding on why we do not or cannot wipe the server in Mortal Online.

I just found this to be humorous.  His closing paragraph says that they cannot wipe the server because some people do not check the forums and would be surprised. 

That has to be the biggest crock...     "We cant  properly remove the duped items in fear of upsetting some mythical silent player army that lurks in the shadows."   

Obviously this is a heated subject, why would they lock the thread?  Henrik still more worried about potential customers vs the people that have been funding his little field trip?

I win!!! LOL@U

• shogunoneshogunone Member Posts: 85

I really call bullshit on this...   I seriously doubt there is a larger number of people playing and not registered to the forums.  It makes no sence.  Why would you go to the website download the game and not participate in the forums.

With all the stuff that happens in the game, unstability, detection system being messed up, constantly losing pets, extraction constantly messed up, I could go on and on.  You need to go to IRC or the forums to see what is going on.

Hell even in SV quarterlys he gives forum numbers instead of payimg subs.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

I really call bullshit on this...   I seriously doubt there is a larger number of people playing and not registered to the forums.  It makes no sence.  Why would you go to the website download the game and not participate in the forums.

With all the stuff that happens in the game, unstability, detection system being messed up, constantly losing pets, extraction constantly messed up, I could go on and on.  You need to go to IRC or the forums to see what is going on.

What's more, he gives total forum members rather than average active forum members. It's ridiculous, but it's also marketing.

Henrik is basically a used car salesman.

Originally posted by Toferio

Only to get brushed off as the vocal minority.   Yet, these are the people SV claims to be driving the direction on the game.

I win!!! LOL@U

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

What's more, he gives total forum members rather than average active forum members. It's ridiculous, but it's also marketing.

Henrik is basically a used car salesman.

Henrik is like a reincarnation of Jeffrey Skilling.

Originally posted by Mellkor

Did they make another black hole? lulz

Only in the hearts of the fan base. image

I win!!! LOL@U

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

I don't know if its just me, but I didn't understand a single sentence that guy typed. I get the "gist" of it, they wont wipe server because it'll piss off the 50 guys still playing; but seriously where did this guy learn english? On Youtube?

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I don't know if its just me, but I didn't understand a single sentence that guy typed. I get the "gist" of it, they wont wipe server because it'll piss off the 50 guys still playing; but seriously where did this guy learn english? On Youtube?

Such english is probably a result of a person with mediocre english skills trying to sound professional and advanced. Talking from experience, I done it few time too, resulting in pure gibberish :P

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Strangely enough, you seem to understand his point perfectly well, so you appear to be critical just to be critical, not because of any lack of clarity on his part..

A month ago you were saying 100 people still play. Where do you get your numbers from and when do you estimate it will reach zero ?   http://www.gamespace.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3964947#3964947

@Hanoverz: Henrick did not say they could not removed duped items, he said they would not wipe the server.

"the decent large group of players that do not wish to register and show them self on the forums" = people not actively posting on the forums NOT people who never read the forums.  For most MMOs, only a minority of players actively post on the forums

Even taking the poll at face value, the results are not as clear cut as some are suggesting. 31% say that they are current subscribers and will quit if there is a wipe. 40% say they don't have have a subscription but will get one as soon as there is a wipe.  23% say they will subscribe eventually after a wipe and some other unspecified things are  "fixed".  31% vs. 40% plus some portion of 23% (let's just say 22%) ---> 31% vs 62%    If you go by the maxim "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" a server wipe is (at best) a break even proposition.

Personally, I think that entire poll is non-sense and haven't bothered voting in it.  If you disagree, please point out any MMO that had a server wipe more than 6 months after launch (a one or two day roll=back doesn't count)

Originally posted by osmunda

http://www.gamespace.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3964947#3964947

@Hanoverz: Henrick did not say they could not removed duped items, he said they would not wipe the server.

If SV has the ability to remove dupe items , why haven't they removed the past duped stuff?   Once again Henrik downplays the problem and tries to brush it under the rug.  It seems even the current player base thinks SV in unable to properly remove the items, thus the poll favoring a wipe.

I win!!! LOL@U

• mosoxmosox Member Posts: 3

patching broken code on top of other broken code will not fix anything, will just make it buggier image