Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: You be the Detective: What is Fortune Online?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new site for a game called 'Fortune Online' has popped up with NetDevil and Gazillion Entertainment listed on the bottom as owners. There is a registration that asks for a beta access code but no further information either from NetDevil, Gazillion or listed on the site.

Thoughts? Speculation? Rumors? YOU be the detective!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Hate to say it but it looks like a rip off, of what we will have to wait and see.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Hmm I'm not finding anything about it anywhere, though checking Gazillion's website I did find under their MMO list "Marvel Universe" online. Bit off topic, but some additional searching came up with the info that Gazillion signed a decade-long deal with them for an Marvel MMO ~other than~ superhero squad. Interesting :O

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Developed by Netdevil .... interesting

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

In what way did it 'pop up' how did you come across the site?

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by mrw0lf

In what way did it 'pop up' how did you come across the site?

Intrepid detective Sir William Murphy posted it on FB. The site was "under construction" until earlier this afternoon.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ArmEagleArmEagle Member Posts: 36

Euhm, maybe -whoever- should check the URL they're sending in the email next time. At a rough estimate I'd say it's about 40 lines long!

• an0maly33an0maly33 Member Posts: 42

And contains a lot of f'ing email addresses.  NOT happy since my address is in there for all to see.

• ArmEagleArmEagle Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by an0maly33

And contains a lot of f'ing email addresses.  NOT happy since my address is in there for all to see.

Oh I didn't even look that far. But I kinda feared it would expose something like that.

Of course it wasn't intentional. But tbh. I think MMORPG just broke (European) privacy regulations.

Now gimme some goodies! :)

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

+1 on please checking the URL, holy heck guys, that does not look good : (

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

What URL?

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

No clue what URL you guys are talking about o.O

In any case, I e-mailed their support and got a little info as to why there's no info about beta codes for getting into the Beta:

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Fortune Online Support regarding our up coming beta program.

All information regarding the beta program including sign-up information will be posted on our website at FortuneOnline.com, continue to check back on that page for updated information.

Sincerely,

Fortune Online Support"

In short, there's nothing to tell yet. There's no information given because there's no information available, it's just something planned.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

The URL in the article points to a website that's owned by Gazillion:

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: FORTUNEONLINE.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.GAZILLION.COM
    NS2.GAZILLION.COM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Originally posted by mrw0lf

What URL?

The one sent out via email as a new post alert. The URL linking here (I didn't click it) contained a bunch of email addresses.

One would have to assume they are of subscribers to this site. I came here to make sure the recent influx of spammers hadn't somehow found a way to send fake news alerts.

I'm not sure what that's all about Hopscotch73 et al but I've alerted the programming hamsters.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Sent in an email with a copy/paste of the news alert text through the "contact us" form.

Hopefully it'll help you guys figure it out.

And thanks for keeping an eye on the thread.

• SupercollideSupercollide Member Posts: 34

Sent in an email with a copy/paste of the news alert text through the "contact us" form.
    Hopefully it'll help you guys figure it out.
    And thanks for keeping an eye on the thread.

Hopscotch beat me to it!  Ditto re: the keeping an eye on the thread.

{EDIT}
    Will be keeping an eye on this as I'd love another non-download game I can play at work, we wait with baited breath...

• carrie101carrie101 Member UncommonPosts: 4

i have beta tested the game and its going to be awesome.but i would like to know how you got wind of it.its not for the public eye yet.

Originally posted by carrie101

i have beta tested the game and its going to be awesome.but i would like to know how you got wind of it.its not for the public eye yet.

The site is freely up on the 'Net as of today. It was posted by a friend of mine on Facebook but I waited until the site was actually up until I posted anything here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• chronbodichronbodi Member Posts: 11

Oh you have got to be kidding me. I didn't even notice that til someone mentioned it. Yah, seriously not cool.

• otomageotomage Member Posts: 32

http://www.netdevil.com/employment/

They're hiring a lot of people for their San Fransisco location for all levels. Possibly related?

• TriadianTriadian Member UncommonPosts: 8

i did some digging and found this job vacancy from netdevil  

If you want to join a fun environment where we play as hard as we work and think you have what it takes to be a part of one of the most innovative MMO development studios in the world; come be a part of NetDevil.

About the Social Networking Engineer Role

The Social Networking Engineer will be responsible for establishing linked access, automated game feedback, and other integrated functionality to various popular social media platforms including Facebook, Google Game Platform and others. A familiarity with various third party API’s and their interface nuances will be utilized and built upon during the course of this position. Creative solutions to enhance the viability of staging games on these platforms will be a primary focus. Preferred candidates will have previous video game experience with an emphasis on social media integration. This position is for an exciting unannounced Action-RPG MMO.
    Essential Functions:
    Integrate existing and future game features and access via the Facebook API
    Integrate existing and future game features and access via Google Live ID
    Integrate existing and future game features and access to various web portals to be determined
    Develop game access points utilizing web based technologies
    Active participant in regular team meetings discussing related issues to productivity, process, work flow and quality.
    Also program various game features as directed by the Technical Director.
    Abilities:
    Experience working on a development team and proactively recognize and raise quality issues and suggest appropriate resolutions
    Understanding of game content pipeline, builds, deployments and tools
    Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
    An ability to work with all types of development staff
    Excellent speaking, persuasion, presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with and work effectively on a team
    Functional Knowledge:
    Experience with Facebook API calls and logic flow
    Web application experience utilizing IIS and or other web development platforms
    Experience with bug/issue tracking applications
    Experience with build automation and metrics tracking a plus
    Experience with version control applications, C# and Flash, ActionScript 3.0 knowledge a big plus
    Familiarity with Visual Studio .NET 2008 or greater a plus
    Experience with MS SQL databases, queries, and stored procedures
    Familiarity with Version Control Software (Ex. Alienbrain, Perforce, Subversion, Source Safe, etc.) a plus
    Minimum Qualifications:
    4+ years experience as a Game Programmer or equivalent in the video game or entertainment industries
    Experience with build promotions, automation, and/or localization required
    BA/BS (or equivalent) in an applicable focus a major plus
    Hands-on knowledge of game development and at least one shipped title
    In-depth knowledge of MMOGs or other forms of online games
    Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (XP and Scrum) is a plus
    Passion for games
    This position can be based our of our Denver, CO or San Mateo,CA offices. Relocation to one or the other will be required.
    ·

Salary based on experience; 401k, health insurance, and other benefits provided

action rpg - free to play - no download - mysql - flash - web based - facebook and other social networking sites

doesn't leave much left to the imagination.......

Regards Tri.

The email issue has been fixed. Please accept our apologies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

Nice of you to apologize but I'm still unsubbing and deleting my info from this site. 

Originally posted by hogscraper

Nice of you to apologize but I'm still unsubbing and deleting my info from this site. 

The email system was being overhauled at the time of the snafu.

Still,  it's your perrogative. Best of luck. The hamsters will miss you. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

My guess is a Torchlight clone, it's just the style and name that makes me think that.

It will definetly be a dungeon-crawling-loot-whore-r type game, i'd be willing to bet money on it, any takers? :P