Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Races?

xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

From what I read about Forsaken World, "The game features eight different classes and five different races, though unlike many games, each race and class combination is different. An Elf warrior will have access to different talents than a Human warrior. Races are more than a cosmetic difference."

Then I looked at the talent calculator from fw official site, elf warrior and human warrior has the same talents? is this like......an upcoming feature -.-

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Plz, don't even try this game.....

I was looking forward to this game..until I played it.

Graphics are ok, but on the other side, it's just an Asian grind fest.

Respawn of the mobs are turbo-fast!

I thought the game has much potential, i was wrong....

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by snoocky

He is exactly right and I like Asian mmos. Game really sucks.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I actually like this game. *shrug*. It's in very early closed beta testing though, and it's another Perfect World clone with Vampires, but it's still cool.

Also, most of the sounds from enemies were stolen from WoW... But still, cool game!

Redeeming Qualties:

• A translation that is actually good. No "Engrish"

• Customizable; Familiar controls.

• Excellent Graphics.

• Interesting starting zones

• Actual Lore through quests and in-game achievements.

• Interesting character customization. Though not as robust as Perfect World, it has enough features to satisify.

Bad things

• The game literally steals sound files straight from WoW and it isn't afraid to let you know. Kill a Zombie, a Wolf, or a Hunter and you'll see what I mean.

• Class combinations are restricting and don't make sense. I.E "Kindred Vampires"

• Enemies respawn WAY too fast and you can quickly be overwhelmed.

• Character feels too powerful in comparison to some of the regular enemies, and too weak to some of the bosses.

• Skills have a delay to them and aren't very interesting to look at.

• Quests are nothing new.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I recommend trying Iris Online. Its a much better game imo.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

lol no one answered my question

But I tried the game on the Chinese server, I was surprising entertained by the game, like the graphics are really smooth, taken that I haven't played that many mmo (like 3 lol), and Runes of Magic was my last game, that game had some major laggy graphics. I really like the art style of the game, but I haven't been play deep into the game yet, so I don't know about the grinding and polish of the endgame, but I kinda understand the whole fast spawning of mobs, cos I have been "farming" the mobs like 20 at once lol with the xp skill, which is a large aoe that kills all mobs in range except elites, if not for the fast spawning, the game will be a wait-fest for real.

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

The characters being too powerful tends to be the norm for perfect world closed beta test. Once open beta starts and the character wipe happens thngs will even out some power wise..

Dustin

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

• The game literally steals sound files straight from WoW and it isn't afraid to let you know. Kill a Zombie, a Wolf, or a Hunter and you'll see what I mean.

You forgot the centaurs lol

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• RaistlinGRRaistlinGR Member UncommonPosts: 1

Originally posted by snoocky

This game has no grind AT ALL and that's because mobs give almost no exp even in high levels ( which is level 50 CAP at the moment).

It's an AWESOME Ques- driven game with instances for exp and equip, crafts, nice quild system and average graphics.

Griding is 100% useless..There are killing quests which are quite payable since the amount of mobs that you need to kill never exceeds 20.

Intances are also limited in the amount of times you can do them per day.

At the moment there are 8 instances when you reach 40+ level.

Now about your Question, there are 5 Races : Kindred, Humans, Dwarfs, Elfs and  Stonemen

There are also Class restrictions by the race.

There are 8 classes : Warrior, Protector, Assassin, Marksman, Mage, Priest, Vampire and Bard.

Kindred can be : Assassins, Mages and Vampires(only Kindred can bec Vampires).

Humans can be: Warriors, Assassins, Mages and Priests.

Dwarfs can be: Marksman only( only Dwarfs can be Marksman)

Elfs can bec : Warriors, Priests, Bards ( only Elves can be Bards)

Stonemen can be : Protectors( only Stonemen can be Protectors)

Also each class has 3 talent paths ( I assume everyone understand that).

In case you interested : http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

Quest grind is still grind. I remember one of the starter quests is to do 10 quests for one person...yeah.

I think they are being artsy with different races get different skills. I think a warrior elf will get an elf specific skill, but I think it's a racial...but it might be class specific.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by RaistlinGR

My problem with this game is the false/bad advertising, that marketing dude specifically said, "Each class and race combination is unique and different"

But from what I have researched, Elf Warriors is the exact same as Human Warriors (Skills and Talents) [This excludes the racial skill which you learnt at the start of the game, but it is the same across all classes for each race]

Plus is it so hard to hire a writer to develop a STORY quest driven game, killing 10 bears to collect bear meat should never be a main quest, it is borderline side quest and just plain lazy.

PS: and pls tell me your did not make a new account just to say this game is great..........

• RadonxRadonx Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Originally posted by RaistlinGR

My problem with this game is the false/bad advertising, that marketing dude specifically said, "Each class and race combination is unique and different"

But from what I have researched, Elf Warriors is the exact same as Human Warriors (Skills and Talents) [This excludes the racial skill which you learnt at the start of the game, but it is the same across all classes for each race]

Plus is it so hard to hire a writer to develop a STORY quest driven game, killing 10 bears to collect bear meat should never be a main quest, it is borderline side quest and just plain lazy.

PS: and pls tell me your did not make a new account just to say this game is great..........

the game is full of quest grind....grind all the way to lvl up

but it is not that bad either...it got some fun elements too like guild bases, guild base wars,cool bosses and it is said that 4 arenas are also coming up...

well each race and classs do have quite good diffference

incase of kindered assasin and human assasin( i only have played sin to lvl cap in beta 2)

1. the racial skill is the 1st difference

2. the special buff skill(which is different for both races )

and i dunno about any status difference...it might be found at higher lvls...who knows

3.in shadow talent tree, in tier 8 both races will get different  Active skill and its addons(these skills do a lot of change in the strength and abilities of the class)

4. both races can get race specific mounts

In case of some other races and classes...there are difference too like elf and human warrior, the elf warrior got more wind damage...and so on in some talent trees...

(humans - HP+ buff, elf- mana+ buff)

PS: the official talent calculator contains so many errors...dont follow it(use the chinese official talent calculator)