Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Space combat UI is up

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Thanks to AskJedi: Clicky

Note: might certainly not be the final version but will give a good hint about playability.

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Thanks for the info.  I saw the jace hall show that featured it.  Wasn't sure if that was done on purpose for the camera to see that.  Either way good update.

Note: i checked swtor space combat trailer to see if that had been updated. It wasn't.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Interesting screen shots, but drawing any kinds of conclusions from it would be like judging an entire book based on the first page.  Still, any more "info" we get helps us to flush things out more and more.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Hmmmm....

I wish I wouldn't have looked at that.  That is the first thing I've seen so far that really doesn't appeal to me and looks cheesy. 

O well, I wasn't expecting any sort of space combat (btw where is the space in these screens) a year ago, so as long as the ground game and story is solid, I'll be a happy pup. 

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Can anyone post them here? Stupid firewall!

In Bioware we trust!

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by Mazin

Thanks, I was able to see them when I got home. Not sure about that UI. Looks like an arcade shooter UI to me.

In Bioware we trust!

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

I think it looks like an arcade shooter UI because thats pretty much what the space combat is, an arcade shooter :P

Kinda like how star fox 64 was.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• TraylorTrashTraylorTrash Member Posts: 30

The Space Combat is like a mini game within SWTOR if I remeber correctly. the ground is where all the story line is right?

Originally posted by TraylorTrash

The Space Combat is like a mini game within SWTOR if I remeber correctly. the ground is where all the story line is right?

Yeah basically.

In Bioware we trust!

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Hmmm... doesn't look terribly sophisticated, yet, will probably still be better than STO.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by whilan

I think it looks like an arcade shooter UI because thats pretty much what the space combat is, an arcade shooter :P

Kinda like how star fox 64 was.

^^^This.  I know UIs are still being tweaked, but I wouldn't expect anything much better for the minigame fail shooter.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by danJ188

I wont say that, well, this is it for the UI. I cant know that they wont change or update it. But I mean..it's very bare. Very simplistic. I really hope bioware does something a little more with it, makes it more interesting. Just my opinion but if you're going to have space shooting on rails adventure in the game, you should make it as visually appealing and fun as possible.

It's been my experience that most video game companies to NOT show the full UI for there games until VERY late in beta.  Now maybe BioWare is doing this differently, but I somehow doubt that considering how careful they are being with the information they release.  Anyways, just my two cents worth.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by danJ188

I wont say that, well, this is it for the UI. I cant know that they wont change or update it. But I mean..it's very bare. Very simplistic. I really hope bioware does something a little more with it, makes it more interesting. Just my opinion but if you're going to have space shooting on rails adventure in the game, you should make it as visually appealing and fun as possible.

Just wondering what features (shown by the UI) would you have them to add to make it more interesting?