Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major Marketing Push

dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

As I promised a few weeks back, now that the whole legal farce is behind us, I have put a lot of marketing into Alganon. Some of those campaigns (game magazines, Facebook, Google etc) are already starting while others are on track to start in January and will run through most of next year.

If you have a PC Gamer sub, you probably already saw this two page spread in the Jan 2011 issue. We're running these ads for the next few months as we continue to improve the game, build on the install base etc.

Yes, we've very committed to Alganon and a LOT exciting stuff are in the works. All will be revealed early next year. Promise.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

Comments

• Meh-sah-yaMeh-sah-ya Member Posts: 17

Nice, I like the idea of including a CD with it so people dont have to download the game.

Santa Claus says such cruel things.

• DethnobleDethnoble Member Posts: 419

Game is virtually dead now. =/

splat

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

Originally posted by Dethnoble

Game is virtually dead now. =/

heh yeah, tell that to our bank account.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• DethnobleDethnoble Member Posts: 419

Even if you had a player base of 5,000 actives, with an average of 1,000 paying around $20 a month into the Tribute system, you are still only making $240,000 (BEFORE paying staff, server, bandwidth, etc) a year on a game that was, what, around 2 million to develop and release?  And I highly doubt your game even has 1,000 actives.

Mr. Smart,  I honestly want to see Alganon rise up and buck the "fail at launch, never recover" rule that all MMO's seem to have when they have their bad launch.  But, think about it, Mr. Smart, a game like Vanguard, which is now a great game, could not recover despite having the financials of SOE backing it.  Why do you think Alganon can?  I applaud your attempt, but you should really stop wasting your money/your investors' money on a failed product.

splat

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please do not necro post in old threads. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.