Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so the jewellery masks hats tattoos from old char cration will be on micro shop ?

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

on the new char creator CCP removed all the old jewellery, masks, hats, tattoos and dint put any of that in place they also said they want to introduce microtransactions
so the guess is: will be all that old character decoration based on microtransactions and if yes would you buy a tattoo for you character ?

bth minmatars whit no tattoo look bad and from a RP point they should have one because is related to their social status on the tribes

“Ah, Karin,” Vormar said when she entered his field of vision. “What can I do for you?”
“Well, it’s about my tattoos…” Karin began hesitantly.
“Yes, your tattoos.” The old man said. “You’re unsure what motif to go for, right?”
“Yes, that’s it.” Karin said. “Well, as I’m a slave-child and all that. Not knowing my family clan…”
“Don’t worry. You’re of the Minmatar tribe Sebiestor; that’s what is most important.” Vormar said and smiled reassuringly.
“But what family clan motif should I choose? I might upset somebody by my choice…”
http://www.eveonline.com/races/rayofmatar/?pp=background,stories

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Complete speculation.

This is from a dev post from today.

"The Future

We will be introducing the ability to repeatedly recustomize characters in a future release. The current plan is to introduce this at the same time as we release tattoos, scars and piercings so players can take advantage of these new assets. We are still in the early design phase, so we don't have any more details at present. Expect a devblog explaining more in the coming weeks. "

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=846&aid=105650&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=update&utm_campaign=incursion

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

I imagine the bulk of items like that will be saved for Incarna, to allow more content for player shops and the like.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Unfortunately I do think they will delve further into microtransactions, they've already expressed their wish to do so. Now if they're taking out the current character portrait options and selling it back for you later rather than selling new stuff only (they could just seed these basic ones on the market directly for a low amount of ISK), I have no idea.

And if they will allow you to purchase this stuff with ISK (through PLEXes, directly selling through ISK, or something) that's another even more important question IMO, as EVE already entered the RMT currency market many years ago when they dedicated a forum section for players to pay others with ISK for monthly fees and characters. The key here is probably whether this new MT system will allow players to also participate by changing their ISK for someone else's real money or not.

Check for example how they wanted to let you do neural remaps whenever you wanted as long as you had a PLEX to pay for it (fortunately they discarded that change thanks to the community feedback when this appeared on the test server).

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by Sheista
    Complete speculation.

i made the post before they put that blog
    even so i still believe that CCP want micro transaction for character customization

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Maybe as a re-customization option after you've finalized your toon but I doubt they'd go too heavy into micro transactions when the initial launch happens, and even still it'll probably be rolled out similar to their PLEX scheme.

We've lived without Incarna just fine up until now and the space part of the game will function just same as always without having to step foot in a station; so for them to expect us to give out real money for something most of us consider to be a novelty isn't going to bring them much cash.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

It isn't a question 'If' they will implement micro-transactions but 'How'.

It was confirmed at latest CMS meeting that there will be micro-transactions for vanity items. Probably paying with PLEX won't be possible but may be added later.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by cosy

on the new char creator CCP removed all the old jewellery, masks, hats, tattoos and dint put any of that in place they also said they want to introduce microtransactions

so the guess is: will be all that old character decoration based on microtransactions and if yes would you buy a tattoo for you character ?

bth minmatars whit no tattoo look bad and from a RP point they should have one because is related to their social status on the tribes

“Ah, Karin,” Vormar said when she entered his field of vision. “What can I do for you?”

“Well, it’s about my tattoos…” Karin began hesitantly.

“Yes, your tattoos.” The old man said. “You’re unsure what motif to go for, right?”

“Yes, that’s it.” Karin said. “Well, as I’m a slave-child and all that. Not knowing my family clan…”

“Don’t worry. You’re of the Minmatar tribe Sebiestor; that’s what is most important.” Vormar said and smiled reassuringly.

“But what family clan motif should I choose? I might upset somebody by my choice…”

http://www.eveonline.com/races/rayofmatar/?pp=background,stories

Well CCP were told that MTs should be for vanity items only, and now that's what we're gonna get.

The only surprise is that anyone would be surprised.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

I certainy wont shell out $5 for any avatar items.. Not even when you can walk in stations.. I like the way my avatar looks now, imo i think hes perfect lol!

But, i wouldnt mind eventually down the road paying $5 or something to give my domi a custom paintjob or w/e lol.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• TyphadoTyphado Member Posts: 177

sigh

My tattooo'd long haired minmatar is now without tattoo's and now my only long hair option is dreads =(

I'm just hoping CCP don't screw over my wallet so I can get my character looking even remotely how I used to look.

"A Minmatar without his markings is not considered a Minmatar at all. Such a one would be as alien to the Minmatar as a universe without God would be to the Amarr." One of the more recent chronicles

Some advice on the forums told me to just imagine it's really there which is starting to sound to familiar with things like PI, FW, cosmos, Minmatar Renaissance. Why the hell am I paying CCP so I can imagine I'm playing a game I want to.

Into the breach meatbags

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Typhado

sigh

My tattooo'd long haired minmatar is now without tattoo's and now my only long hair option is dreads =(

I'm just hoping CCP don't screw over my wallet so I can get my character looking even remotely how I used to look.

"A Minmatar without his markings is not considered a Minmatar at all. Such a one would be as alien to the Minmatar as a universe without God would be to the Amarr." One of the more recent chronicles

Some advice on the forums told me to just imagine it's really there which is starting to sound to familiar with things like PI, FW, cosmos, Minmatar Renaissance. Why the hell am I paying CCP so I can imagine I'm playing a game I want to.

They've already said they are working on tatoo's piercing's etc but they weren't ready for release. They've also said we will get to re-customize our characters again when they are so have some freaking patience ffs. Jesus they said years ago that they wanted people to have the ability to set up tatoo parlors and clothing shops so people could profit ingame from other players wanting to do that so what would give you the idea that the current creator is end of what they are planning for updates.

FFS people get some common sense.

Originally posted by Minsc

Jesus they said years ago that they wanted people to have the ability to set up tatoo parlors and clothing shops so people could profit ingame from other players wanting to do that

So far it seems it will be only CCP profiting from vanity items, hehe

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326

When CCP says 'micro-transactions' I have only seen evidence that they in fact mean 'purchasable with PLEX'. While this will be an annoyance for those who wish to use buy PLEX from other players to extend the game time due to an increase in price, it will have the benefit of allowing people to purchase these 'vanity' items without forcing you to spend extra real world money on them. Still, somebody must spend real world money to buy the PLEX.

Originally posted by Jowen

When CCP says 'micro-transactions' I have only seen evidence that they in fact mean 'purchasable with PLEX'. While this will be an annoyance for those who wish to use buy PLEX from other players to extend the game time due to an increase in price, it will have the benefit of allowing people to purchase these 'vanity' items without forcing you to spend extra real world money on them. Still, somebody must spend real world money to buy the PLEX.

What I got from CSM minutes, CCP recognizes 2 issues with vanity items and PLEX:

1) There would need to be some decimal PLEX - like 0.1 PLEX value.
    2) Vanity items is very new market and as such they they would prefer not to mess with PLEX before it settles down a bit.

Remember that PLEX isn't really a RMT, you still purchase a game time, you do not convert currency values. Opening PLEX market for more commodities may be very unpredictable.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Originally posted by Gdemami

What I got from CSM minutes, CCP recognizes 2 issues with vanity items and PLEX:

1) There would need to be some decimal PLEX - like 0.1 PLEX value.

2) Vanity items is very new market and as such they they would prefer not to mess with PLEX before it settles down a bit.

Remember that PLEX isn't really a RMT, you still purchase a game time, you do not convert currency values. Opening PLEX market for more commodities may be very unpredictable.

So, as I said above, they'd most likely implement a PLEX like scheme but call it something else like a Pilot Augmentation Certificate.  With one of those babies you can alter your toon's appearance.

Although, the one item people might buy in an item shop is a slaver hound for a companion pet (that... or an exotic dancerimage

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Minsc

Jesus they said years ago that they wanted people to have the ability to set up tatoo parlors and clothing shops so people could profit ingame from other players wanting to do that

So far it seems it will be only CCP profiting from vanity items, hehe

IIRC they confirmed that the µPLEX items will be resellable.

Originally posted by Malcanis

IIRC they confirmed that the µPLEX items will be resellable.

After reading the CSM minutes again, yes it indeed seems the contrary and I must have misread the lines about PLEX and vanity items seem like they will be exchangeable for PLEX in some way.

What I was commenting was mainly for manufacturing. Me, and I think a few others, were 'hoping' for vanity items will be commodity output of manufacturing process.

For anyone interested there is the quote:

"Virtual goods
    Present: CCP Dr.EyjoG, CCP Zulu

CCP started by asking whether the Virtual Goods strategy it has was clear, and whether the CSM agreed with it. CSM’s response was that yes, the strategy was clear and that CCP's current plan was acceptable – only vanity items, with no game changing effects, are going to be available for sale. This decision was arrived to, jointly by the CSM and CCP, during the October meeting 2010 and was further clarified in CCP Zulu’s devblog.

Discussions proceeded regarding PLEX and its granularity, i.e. buying a vanity item for a whole PLEX seems a bit steep. Fractional PLEX would be required to address that issue. Furthermore the CSM stressed their concern regarding PLEX prices and what effects the Virtual Goods strategy would have on it, if any. CCP controlling the price of PLEX is not a viable solution – CCP’s approach to the market is completely hands off there – for that control would always be ambiguous and controversial along with causing unpredictable consequences. The CSM suggested that the RMT business might suffer if CCP put downwards pressure on PLEX value, but historical data shows that it would not work as those sellers usually price themselves below PLEX and would simply change their prices to compensate. Dr. Eyjo stated that the only practical way to influence the prices is with ISK sinks and faucets.

The CSM inquired about the relationship between price of PLEX and the stock of PLEX, since PLEX has now been available for close to 18 months. The data shows that the stock of PLEX is rising slowly and that the expected bubbles following such a stock buildup have not materialized. The reason for that is believed to be that the PLEX market is an emergent market, and that many players want to have one or two PLEX in stock, just in case. So buyers seem to be stocking up for personal use, not for future sales. Also a part of this could be speculative buying; however this does not appear to be the case. Historically, the price fluctuations are within acceptable limits, and CCP estimates that the market is functioning as it should be as long as the system is healthy in terms of gameplay (botters, RMT, etc.)

Another question from the CSM was how much of the Virtual Goods that will be introduced would be destructible. CCP answered that this was a question at the core of the Virtual Goods approach – perceived obsolescence or planned obsolescence. Either the need to replace Virtual Goods would come from the players themselves, where they perceive they have to have the latest thing, or through planned obsolescence where things deteriorate (or are destroyed) and must be replaced. It has not been decided what route will be taken in the matter, as the options are not mutually exclusive if applied to different items.

CSM asked what Virtual Goods CCP plans to sell. CCP stated that nothing had been planned in that detail yet, and it would not become clear what to expect of the Virtual Goods functionality until after the release planning in January 2011, when the scope of the next release would be determined and the work decided – then and only then would it be clear if the functionality is to be expected in the next release or the one after.

The CSM reiterated their concerns regarding the influence of Virtual Goods on the price of PLEX, and CCP repeated that every indication pointed towards the PLEX market being healthy and capable of handling any changes in the supply and demand from players.
    Any further steps regarding Virtual Goods or account services or other PLEX usages will be taken in conjunction with the CSM and in close cooperation with the community. The strategy regarding Virtual Goods was set with the CSM and it will be developed and iterated on with the CSM."

when i pay a monthly subscription i expect to get access to all game content and that include "vanity items" if CCP want to sell vanity items in a shop i say bye bye to eve cash-out what i can and stick whit perpetuum

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326

That is just it, cosy; as you can buy PLEX for ISK from another player willing to sell, you can, from one perspective, buy these items with ISK and nobody are forcing you to invest real world money of your own into them.

It might initially sound bad, but think about this; with an increased demand for PLEX to buy vanity items the price on PLEX will rise. This will mean, that those who buy game time cards to sell as PLEX will get more ISK for the money spend on the game time cards as the price of those are uneffected by the EVE world market. This will have an impact on 'gold' farmers and sellers as they then have to devalue their prices to be competitive, or increase their production with an equal increased likelihood of getting discovered and shot down (for a while only, perhaps, but still).

• SnievanSnievan Member Posts: 31

I'd pay for vanity items so long as we're talking like 50 cents per item.

I mean I'd probably pay 5 bucks for game clothing for my virtual character. But for my sake, I hope they don't.

when i pay a monthly subscription i expect to get access to all game content and that include "vanity items" if CCP want to sell vanity items in a shop i say bye bye to eve cash-out what i can and stick whit perpetuum

That expectation died the day Blizzard launched their ghost sparkle pony.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

This will have an impact on 'gold' farmers and sellers as they then have to devalue their prices to be competitive, or increase their production with an equal increased likelihood of getting discovered and shot down (for a while only, perhaps, but still).

Rmt in Eve is already far more competitive than plex.
    I doubt you can top 700 bucks for a mothership+character+holding alt with plex usage.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by batolemaeus

This will have an impact on 'gold' farmers and sellers as they then have to devalue their prices to be competitive, or increase their production with an equal increased likelihood of getting discovered and shot down (for a while only, perhaps, but still).

I doubt you can top 700 bucks for a mothership+character+holding alt with plex usage.

Considering the ammount of time it'd take to do that.. Well that's a good deal lol

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

Originally posted by Malcanis

That expectation died the day Blizzard launched their ghost sparkle pony.

i dont know what is a sparkle pony but i bet this sales are related to stupidity

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Originally posted by batolemaeus

Considering the ammount of time it'd take to do that.. Well that's a good deal lol

and if you consider how fast will lose that is not a good deal

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by Sheista

Complete speculation.

i made the post before they put that blog

even so i still believe that CCP want micro transaction for character customization

They have had that for years, transfering character portraits from one character to another.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

and if you consider how fast will lose that is not a good deal

Rrrright. Considering how few of them die, and considering their overpowered ehp and dps..yeah, bullshit.
    And it's not like there was any risk to buying them. CCP is largely ignoring any rmt not directly competing with the plex market, and the bots in the drone regions don't get banned either..